Preview Round 6, 2021: North Melbourne vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium | Saturday, April 24 @ 8:10pm [GAME ON; NO CROWDS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would've agreed after rounds 1-4 but he put in a good performance. can't drop him on that effort
So you’re basically saying “if he didn’t get dropped by now” “”no way he gets dropped now” ... I Agree & know this is the way it will play out with selection.
But if only we had Lmac, Corr & Taz in. Surely this useless campaigner gets dropped. There are so many options if we have a full list . Surely hopefully soon there is no spot but the VFL for this guy . C304E523-5606-44C8-9EE6-AA3F28991D1C.jpeg 622C558A-E524-45BD-B366-39BE251554D0.jpeg 20A873AA-3CE7-43AF-97A0-097BF3F21005.jpeg

Is it on free to air? I have only got Kayo on my phone and its too small to make sense of the game!!
Often this year I would swop my 85 inch TV for your phone. At times you haven't been missing anything.

AS others have said a forward leading at the ball carrier would be an important step. The absence of an aggressive lead was so obvious when Walker ran forward with the ball last week and bombed it straight to the opposition. As soon as he was clear I looked up the ground and, not only was no one coming forward, all the players forward of the ball were looking to run back towards our goals.

So you’re basically saying “if he didn’t get dropped by now” “”no way he gets dropped now” ... I Agree & know this is the way it will play out with selection.
But if only we had Lmac, Corr & Taz in. Surely this useless campaigner gets dropped. There are so many options if we have a full list . Surely hopefully soon there is no spot but the VFL for this guy .

no, i'm saying he played a good game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we will look like this:

Atu - McKay - Bonner

Atley - Walker - Ziebell

Stephenson - LDU - Powell

Turner - Xerri - Thomas

Phillips - Larkey - Zurhaar

Goldstein - Cunnington - Simpkin

Hayden - Taylor - Garner - Scott

Sub : Menadue

In: Zurhaar, LDU, Garner, Xerri

Out: Hall (inj) , Lazarro (inj), Mahony, Campbell
I hope X does come in for Campbell (but I doubt it) and I'd have Young in for Scott and Taylor starting in the 18 for Phillips. Even though I don't think this line-up would win against freo it looks balanced, and I have confidence that most of the players would perform their roles.

Hopefully Atu continues on with his great start because he really fills a need back there. It is a pity Hall went down because he was providing good run off half back. Maybe its worth trying Tarryn in that role this week? Curtis is an import cog for our forward line I think (I can't believe he was the sub), and Garner's all-round game would give the forward line a boost.

We probably just need Simpkin, LDU, Zurhaar, Larkey & Thomas to step it up a notch for us to be really competitive.

Also I'd give Hayden the tagging role instead of Turner. He's too much of a turnover king to play back and would be a better match-up for Fyfe/Mundy.

Would have preferred if Zurhaar had to earn his spot via the VFL. He's been dogshit forward for a long time.

Ironically, his best game by far in the last 15-16 games was in the dogs obliteration playing off half back. He looked ALOT better behind the ball. It's becoming a trend with our players.

His tackle numbers are nowhere near good enough.

Especially as his best game in his career is arguably the one against Richmond in 2019, when we demolished them by 5 goals during their run and Zurhaar had 11 tackles and absolutely killed them.

It's purely a workrate thing, he's a lazy campaigner.

1619064244752.png

1619064300552.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back