News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily rumour as Slobbo mentioned this earlier in the week, something along the lines "not to kick a bloke while he's down but his MIL is not faring too well"
It was more "let's take it easy on Teague as he's doing it rough right now"

Which was nice of him as the coach is obviously target no.1 when a club is struggling to perform.

Yeah, Saad must have been a bitter pill for you to swallow.

It certainly was, for a while he was only one of a sprinkle of players actually pulling his weight under Worsfold. I honestly thought he'd be a very big part of your missing link but like us it seems systemic problems are more at play.

It certainly was, for a while he was only one of a sprinkle of players actually pulling his weight under Worsfold. I honestly thought he'd be a very big part of your missing link but like us it seems systemic problems are more at play.
I have noticed him getting caught on his wrong side a lot, but he has been pretty good for us so far. Woosha should be able to help correct his running patterns to get the most out of him. Adam is a ripper and he is quite versatile. Would not mind seeing him playing forward on occasion, especially now as Williams can play his role across half back. We recruited exceptionally well and I can see much better results for us in the second half of the season.

This is not addressing the issue, it’s just deflection and spin. Woosha won’t hurt us but he’s just an addition to a sinking ship.

I disagree, I think it's clear Teague could use an experienced head to help him out a bit.

Wouldn't say the ship's sinking yet either. Just moving at a slow pace.

Except imo the way the position has been outlined ( very part time) .
Theres no way he is going to have enough involvement in day to day goings on of the coaching structure and decision making to make informed recommendations to the board ? .

Plenty of time for a review part time, that’s why I don’t believe he’s been brought in to “coach”...clearly that’s not the gig which is something a lot here have not worked out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I disagree, I think it's clear Teague could use an experienced head to help him out a bit.

Wouldn't say the ship's sinking yet either. Just moving at a slow pace.
I hope you’re right. I for one have seen this before and it didn’t end very well for the head coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a huge fan of Woosha, but I think he had zero care factor after * implemented a succession plan he wasn't on board with. Don't think he had a lot of time for Rutten who seems pretty unimpressive as a coach.

It's slim pickings out there for a senior consultant / director of coaching.

You want a successful coach, ideally one who has won a premiership as head coach.

Hardwick, Clarkson, Scott and Longmire aren't going anywhere. Nobody here likes Ross Lyon or Paul Roos. Malthouse, Walls and co are dinosaurs.

Personally, I would have liked to have hunted a well-regarded assistant like Bassett, Caracella, Voss etc.

But Woosha seems to be a sensible appointment for this type of role.

Sellers said that on his appearance on 360 about Teague's mother in law, so legit.

Anyone but Barker thanks CFC.
Good luck to Teague's family.
Hope his mother-in-law gets well soon.

Hopefully it does not come to him needing time off, but if it does, the worst thing that could happen is another current assistant coach on match day take over for time being. I'd rather Luke Power come over the top than Barker or Stanton. Someone that actually knows premiership footy culture.

What happened to Robert Walls?
His contract wasn't renewed at the end of last year... similarly how Diesel's contract wasn't renewed after his initial period working with the midfield group last year.

I don't hate this appointment. It's only temporary and like most "consultants" (speaking from experience), there should be clear terms of reference for what he's doing and his deliverables.

Given the media barrage re: poor development, I would suggest that getting to the bottom of why we are so terrible at it is probably priority #1, or close to it.

So long as there are clear findings and he gives them a blueprint to work from, I see it as a worthwhile investment as it doesn't appear externally that the current crop have much of a clue.

Totally agree - my problem is how its done, why its done (placating power brokers), and how its announced or presented to the fans. There is such an horrific and complete disregard for Carlton members and supporters. It's almost disdain.

We are told nothing, always, absolutely always lied to, and not a single bit of truth is ever divulged.

Did you expect a one on one phone call to seek approval

Woosha as a mentor=good

Woosha being a mentor part time and via phone from Perth=really bad.

How can you get a handle of what’s going on during team selection, training, match days, in the coaches box and genuine player feedback, unless you are there?

A step in the right direction, but seems a little half baked.

Amateur hour decision, we need someone who can fully tell it how it is, someone who can help teach Teague and others in actually making the hard “easy” calls... not another close working friendship from the past, can’t believe we have gone down this path...

Maybe he can do what you want despite the previous relationship, and just maybe the previous relationship will make Teague more receptive to criticism/suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back