Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Pick 17. Brisbane Lions.
Sam Banks
Tasmania. 186cm. 72kg.

Like Josh Rachele, Banks was another standout at the 2019 U16 National Championships, captaining the Tasmanian Devils, winning the Division 2 MVP, and named in the U16 All Australian team

Also like Josh Rachele, Sam Banks possess the ability to play multiple positions, either as a classy half back, who is able to move in to the midfield and win his own ball.

Banks is a good user of the ball out of defence, taking the kick ins, winning the ball in contested situations or taking intercept marks. He is calm under pressure, able to find team mates with precision passes by foot, or able to break lines with his speed. He's also a natural leader and Captain of Tasmania in the NAB League, leading his team from the front with his drive and determination.

Last edited:
Pick 20 - Finn Callaghan
#20 North Melbourne - Finn Callaghan - Midfielder - 190cm/82kg - Sandringham Dragons/Victoria Metro

1619068905349.png

Finn Callaghan is the another tall midfielder who can play inside and outside, has a booming left-foot that will provide a point of difference for the North Melbourne midfield. He is a clean user of the ball and not only has he got the size, but also has the speed and agility which makes him a tantalising prospect.

Davo-27

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
#20 North Melbourne - Finn Callaghan - Midfielder - 190cm/82kg - Sandringham Dragons/Victoria Metro

View attachment 1108806

Finn Callaghan is the another tall midfielder who can play inside and outside, has a booming left-foot that will provide a point of difference for the North Melbourne midfield. He is a clean user of the ball and not only has he got the size, but also has the speed and agility which makes him a tantalising prospect.

I like this pick most because if the goal commentary

Davo-27

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dennis Cometti-esque commentary
It's a shame he didn't kick it in that sweet spot of the day where my mic wasn't peaking but I was still somewhat enthused with the game =(

Pick 21 - Neil Erasmus

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Pick 21 Hawthorn - Neil Erasmus - Midfielder/Forward - Subiaco - 188cm 80kg

a player who played mostly in the PSA in WA for 2020, was a standout in the WAFL Colts GF in that he was very clean with disposal, he won 1 on 1's and was dangerous in the forward line not only kicking 4 goals but setting up a few as well for team mates, this year he has played mostly in the midfield and has shown the same skills and clean disposal, but now on a high 20's average disposal games from the midfield.

Last edited:
Pick 22 - Toby Conway

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Pick 22 Hawthorn - Toby Conway - Geelong - Ruckman - 204cm 90kg

i think the Hawks are in the market for a Ruckman and i think he is the best option with Jacob Edwards not far behind, but i chose to pick the Geelong ruck who is really good as a tap ruck and around the ground, as McEvpy and Ceglar are losing their ability to impact the ruck we need some backups, Brooksby is 30-odd and not the solution, Reeves is quite good, but we have 3 rucks to replace in the next 2-3 years and i think Toby is the best option this year in a year with a handful of decent ruck options.

Chris25 you're up

Pick 23 - Nasaih Wanganeen
Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
#23 Gold Coast - Nasiah Wanganeen

As skilled and talented as any in the draft, I like the extra height (187cm) he has over similar talents - gives him the added flexibility of playing taller or running through the wings.

Bastyy

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Pick 21 Hawthorn - Neil Erasmus - Midfielder/Forward - Subiaco - 188cm 80kg

a player who played mostly in the PSA in WA for 2020, was a standout in the WAFL Colts GF in that he was very clean with disposal, he won 1 on 1's and was dangerous in the forward line not only kicking 4 goals but setting up a few as well for team mates, this year he has played mostly in the midfield and has shown the same skills and clean disposal, but now on a high 20's average disposal games from the midfield.
The Rasmus?

Pick 25 - Joel Fitzgerald
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Pick 25 - Richmond - Joel Fitzgerald - 186cm - 73 kg - Knights/VIC

Joel is a def, rebounding def/mid. He is accumulating ball at will with his timing and intercepting, then creating play by rebounding and running on tho be the link in the chain working with his teammates to provide the forward 50 with the ball. His work rate is extremely high as in, if the ball does gets turned over....all of a sudden there is Joel back in his def position ready to intercept or spoil again. He is a true team first player, very good 1v1 and zoning off, reads the play ahead of him well but also knows whats behind him and to the side and uses it to his teams advantage. He is a top notch 1v1 def and interceptor and screams 'young nick vlastuin'. He gets offensively dangerous and has a good burst of speed, he is doing all the 1%'s so far that recruiters and coaches love to see and it has been a fantastic showing so far this year.

up next is Geelong with Bastyy

Last edited:
Pick 27 - Mac Andrew
Pick 27 - Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays/Melbourne NGA)

Have opted to go with the exciting ruck talent who has ridiculous potential and has already showed quite a bit which would be both fantastic and slightly nerve-wracking for Melbourne fans given the changes to the NGA rules. He is still raw, but based on the limited exposure thus far, this is within his range, and his recent call-up to the AFL Academy further exemplifies where he is ranked within recruiters opinions.

Chris25 is up.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
he was well and truly thought of and memory banked in case someone else forgot
I've still got a few in my top 20 that are floating about, doubt they last until 44 but it's not until you do an exercise like this that you realise the depth/ strength of the draft

Back