Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Next year's inclusions will be whichever top young guns we draft plus Sicily, Day and DGB most likely. Our future isn't something I'm concerned about too much.

Some wins between now and then is what I'm really craving.

Also I've thought about it all week and the changes I'd make would be...
Out: Nash, Howe (sub) *Hartigan rested if Tex doesn't play*
In: Cousins, Lewis, *Brockman if Hartigan comes out*

Not dropping Hartigan on form. Entirely just match ups depending on what forward line Adelaide plan on rolling with. TOB to support Big Boy in the ruck or help out down back with Lewis and Kosi as primary tall forward targets.

Holding Kosi for Jeka for 1 more week.

Last edited:

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
expected but still saddening
Such a sad run with injuries the Stallion has copped.

It has cost him a couple of All Australians and Club Best and Fairest awards (in my opinion)

The game overall ( not just Hawthorn FC) is less when James is not playing as there are few players these days with his combination of talent, flair and personality.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sloane & Crouch are probably their 2 best mids their depth there is just as bad as ours.

Surely we can get on top with those 2 out.

They are also missing Milera and maybe Tex gets a rest.
You really think Sloane and Crouch is any where close to Sicily and Gunston? That's stunning.

SA HAWK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You really think Sloane and Crouch is any where close to Sicily and Gunston? That's stunning.
No but our midfield should be able to beat what they have available is my point.

Win the midfield we should easily account for them.

If we had Sicily and Gunston but were missing Jags & Mitchell i wouldn't like our chances.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Cousins deserves a chance at AFL level after the way he finished off the season last year. We need more midfield depth.

Agreed. Would like him to get a run to see how he goes. Given Worpel's form, would not mind a swap.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
No but our midfield should be able to beat what they have available is my point.

Win the midfield we should easily account for them.

If we had Sicily and Gunston but were missing Jags & Mitchell i wouldn't like our chances.

Agree mate, this is the first time I've tipped us all season, expecting us to get the job done.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will be very interesting to see what changes are made after hearing Clarko & T.Mitchell comments regarding ball movement and the fwd line set-up.
- The Facts are we are last for inside 50's.
It's one thing having a inexperienced forward line missing your best fwd! But we can't expect to kick a winning score if we are not getting it in it's that simple! Lots of things can contribute to this, I am not sure if it's the mid's looking up and seeing no clear option, lead or one on one target in the forward line and delaying the kick. The midfield inability to move the football quickly and not having the flair or overlap run to break the lines and spot the target.

I think we can be a lil more bolder with the magnets, stop playing guys in safe positions and safe football.
Ie: Scrimshaw/Cj/Impey - One of them up on the wing. ( Howe & Morrison are both capable of playing down back i think they are more suited)
I would always have Jom/Wingard one in the guts and one a wing the whole game rotated with Moore.

Two blokes to consider from the two's Bramble run and carry.
Jeka marking/Goal scoring ability, has a bit of mongrel we lack mongrel.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will be very interesting to see what changes are made after hearing Clarko & T.Mitchell comments regarding ball movement and the fwd line set-up.
It's one thing having a inexperienced forward line missing your best fwd! But we can't expect to kick a winning score if we are not getting it in it's that simple! Lots of things can contribute to this, I am not sure if it's the mid's looking up and seeing no clear option, lead or one on one target in the forward line and delaying the kick. The midfield inability to move the football quickly and not having the flair or overlap run to break the lines and spot the target.

I think we can be a lil more bolder with the magnets, stop playing guys in safe positions and safe football.
Ie: Scrimshaw/Cj/Impey - One of them up on the wing. ( Howe & Morrison are both capable of playing down back i think they are more suited)
I would always have Jom/Wingard one in the guts and one a wing the whole game rotated with Moore.

Saw Wingard in particular slowing down or running that little bit too long with the ball at least three times. My feeling was that he had nothing to kick to

Last edited:

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I like the idea of moving the magnets a bit. I’d love to see how CJ would go in the centre square. Big body, tough, fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back