News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He couldn't be worse than our current defence. Even on one leg.

Perhaps mistaking him for Jono Patton who currently doesn’t have a good defence of his middle leg.

Last night on Footy Classified Lloyd pointed out St Kilda as costing the AFL a bucket load or similar. I thought WTF??

For 2019 the smallest earnings were:
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Least profitable:
Melbourne
Fremantle

Least gate revenue:
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney

Most AFL distributions:
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Brisbane

So how come with all of those clubs only St Kilda is mentioned when other clubs are much worse? Stick the knife in Lloydy!!!

This on top of Cornes saying St Kilda shouldn't have primetime matches because he doesn't want to watch them. I know where he's coming from, but why put us down when there are sh*ttier clubs currently below us and we had a magnificent win against West Coast? A couple of bad games and the media are ready and waiting to cut our legs off!

Last night on Footy Classified Lloyd pointed out St Kilda as costing the AFL a bucket load or similar. I thought WTF??

For 2019 the smallest earnings were:
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Least profitable:
Melbourne
Fremantle

Least gate revenue:
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney

Most AFL distributions:
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Brisbane

So how come with all of those clubs only St Kilda is mentioned when other clubs are much worse? Stick the knife in Lloydy!!!

This on top of Cornes saying St Kilda shouldn't have primetime matches because he doesn't want to watch them. I know where he's coming from, but why put us down when there are sh*ttier clubs currently below us and we had a magnificent win against West Coast? A couple of bad games and the media are ready and waiting to cut our legs off!
But this is what happens when you play crap footy
Winning solves everything

Not saying it’s right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training ?

Kid plays soccer. I got roped in to helping out. 2 trainings a week, I don't do much but move equipment around and stave off hypothermia..

But this is what happens when you play crap footy
Winning solves everything

Not saying it’s right

Journalists often target the sides that professionally embarrass them too. When Melbourne got everyone on board then flopped they felt humiliated for believing in them and went after them when they were down. The guys that were our biggest fans last years now hate us for making them look stupid.

https://www.zerohanger.com/the-afls-best-and-worst-kicks-in-2021-news-bailey-dale-82491/

Champion data on best kicks. Clark second best in the comp at 13.2% above league average. Jack Sinclair 3rd worst at -8.2%. Brad Hill not mentioned in the article but apparently just outside the bottom 5.

https://www.zerohanger.com/the-afls-best-and-worst-kicks-in-2021-news-bailey-dale-82491/

Champion data on best kicks. Clark second best in the comp at 13.2% above league average. Jack Sinclair 3rd worst at -8.2%. Brad Hill not mentioned in the article but apparently just outside the bottom 5.

Strange, the stats don't lie but Byrne- Jones used to be an elite kick and Sinclair was always very neat skilled. I'd love to know how they come up with the formula.

Strange, the stats don't lie but Byrne- Jones used to be an elite kick and Sinclair was always very neat skilled. I'd love to know how they come up with the formula.
I assume its similar to goal kicking, they breakdown kicks into similar types and then rate players against the average % of effective disposal for that kick or something?

DBJ was good last year but just horrendously out of form, not sure what the story is there. Sinclair hasn't stood out to me that much but I do think he's been pretty clumsy with the footy a lot (not alone there though). Clark makes sense, shining beacon when it comes to kicking probably the only bloke I trust with ball in hand at the moment.

I assume its similar to goal kicking, they breakdown kicks into similar types and then rate players against the average % of effective disposal for that kick or something?

DBJ was good last year but just horrendously out of form, not sure what the story is there. Sinclair hasn't stood out to me that much but I do think he's been pretty clumsy with the footy a lot (not alone there though). Clark makes sense, shining beacon when it comes to kicking probably the only bloke I trust with ball in hand at the moment.

Clark looks a good kick but not elite, his hands are like lasers though and that's the area I would have thought he excelled. Dunstan wouldn't have hit a single target so maybe it's over multiple weeks that it's done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back