News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

So he is doing this job from Perth, with maybe attending a couple of live games....

So riddle me this.

How can he see from Perth match day set up, coach interaction behind scenes, lines of authority, training methods, player reactions, game day pregame motivational tools, in-box communication, parts of field not on TV for player movement, set up, structures, shape

This is a feel good appointment, to placate the media and masses

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Who would you of preferred?

Historically, Worsfold's strengths are:

- Working well with the high performance team
- Getting players more engaged in developing themselves within a structure
- Maintaining morale and motivating players to give their best efforts
- Stoppage structures and transition football

And weaknesses:

- Inflexible tactics within games
- Preference for speed/endurance mix to a silly degree (eg. would never have acquired a player like Cripps, as shown by Essendon's list strategy)
- Somewhat toxic cultures seem to follow him (West Coast scandals, recent Essendon player culture)

In a consultancy role, he could offer a lot, particularly if he's able to offer some organisational insight to the board and those overseeing the football department to accentuate the work he does with the coaches.

If we're right about Barker, what Worsfold is doing for us should reveal the issues.
wonder if barker is at all apprehensive about this?

Trawl through the threads and people have been calling for a senior advisor. One gets appointed and there's a half a dozen reasons why it was a mistake.

What the fu** do you guys/gals want?

Don't like who has been given the role?

Answer me this:
* What where the other options?
* How much did we have to spend in the soft cap?
* Would someone like Lyon or Voss who have a dislike for Carlton done it for those $$?

Or are you angry that it looks like it's a kneejerk to the bad press?
* Does it really matter if we've got the senior assistant/mentor for Teague we've been calling for?

It's like being in a burning house and complaining that the firefighter carrying you out is only there for the paycheck, not because they really care.

Wuh🤨

I’m not angry about it, got no issue at all which is what I wrote

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Historically, Worsfold's strengths are:

- Working well with the high performance team
- Getting players more engaged in developing themselves within a structure
- Maintaining morale and motivating players to give their best efforts
- Stoppage structures and transition football

And weaknesses:

- Inflexible tactics within games
- Preference for speed/endurance mix to a silly degree (eg. would never have acquired a player like Cripps, as shown by Essendon's list strategy)
- Somewhat toxic cultures seem to follow him (West Coast scandals, recent Essendon player culture)

In a consultancy role, he could offer a lot, particularly if he's able to offer some organisational insight to the board and those overseeing the football department to accentuate the work he does with the coaches.

If we're right about Barker, what Worsfold is doing for us should reveal the issues.

if a predominant purpose of the appointment was to formally identify the ineptitude of Barker, blind Freddy could’ve done that for free

Our club has lost the plot. From an inside source at Essendon, Worsfold is old school and so far off the pace with modern footy it is ridiculous. No understanding of modern structures and systems, laughs at stats/data and thinks it is for eggheads, just old school blokeyness. His one good attribute is being a good bloke and in that capacity he’s a slightly less competent John Barker.

It’s a jobs for the boys, feel good appointment that brings us absolutely nothing of worth.

I am happy with the appointment but as per AFL Tonight, Worsfold assisting from Perth isn't great IMHO. Unless you are in a work environment on a regular basis I worry he won't have enough face to face contact with players & coaches to best form opinions.

Ideally if he is able to be at Ikon 1-2 days a week that would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like who?

Already asked. Don't hold your breath for a response.

I reckon Leigh Matthews might have had a few stories to tell David that may have had some positive input into his coaching endeavours. Mark Williams would have been good but of course he's not available.

Trawl through the threads and people have been calling for a senior advisor. One gets appointed and there's a half a dozen reasons why it was a mistake.

What the fu** do you guys/gals want?

Don't like who has been given the role?

Answer me this:
* What where the other options?
* How much did we have to spend in the soft cap?
* Would someone like Lyon or Voss who have a dislike for Carlton done it for those $$?
Seems like a sensible choice to me... he’s got a relationship with Teague and the club as previous assistant coach, and also Juddy would have probably endorsed it.

720BB0F5-072C-4DDC-A466-75FF9DDEC03A.jpeg

Wuh

I’m not angry about it, got no issue at all which is what I wrote

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not you specifically. Just the tone of the thread. Instead of rejoicing that something is being done. People are complaining.

Sorry if it came across as targetting you.

Yours was just the post that I randomly replied to.

What's next? A CEO that lives in Adelaide?
Well that's exactly it isn't it?....

Didn't we sack a CEO because he was FIFO from Adelaide?

But now all members should rest easy because now we have coaching mentor, but he will be based 3000kms aways.

The word TOKEN comes to mind. He was already mentoring Teague, now he just gets paid for it.

The more things change...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back