Omens and coincidences threat, 2021 edition.

We were at our absolute peak then. The best of 07, with a bit more .
Sadly, we peaked too early

I think it had more to do with the fact we were rarely challenged during that season, but when we were finally challenged we didn't know how to respond to it.

I think it had more to do with the fact we were rarely challenged during that season, but when we were finally challenged we didn't know how to respond to it.
Pies did, and smashed us.
Our H&A game v Hawks was challenging, as was the Doggies prelim.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Dont know if it has anything to do with threatening omens but...

perhaps too many games like the one we just have had against West Coast dulled us ... 18 times we scored 100 or more and never lost if we scored 100. The week before finals we beat the West Coast scoring 24.20

I suspect it was a culmination of players playing sore and being wasteful, almost reckless with our ball use. A degree of arrogance? We always seem to have a heap of points but we would score that much misses didn't seem to matter.

I wonder how we would have gone if there was a week rest before the finals like there is now. I suspect it would have freshened tired bodies

The cats have won every single grand final following an underwhelming performance by meat loaf at the mcg

Screenshot_20210614-191107_AFL.jpg

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Here’s a not very good omen.

geelong only wins premierships when channel 10 is covering the game.

back in the day ten and seven used to swap each year. We only won our flags on the years ten had it. When seven had it we failed.
The 1963 GF was televised by Ch7 in the 90s, not sure which channel it was on back in the day, either 7 or the ABC in delay.

Here’s a not very good omen.

geelong only wins premierships when channel 10 is covering the game.

back in the day ten and seven used to swap each year. We only won our flags on the years ten had it. When seven had it we failed.

"Back in the day" - do you mean 10 years ago or real "back in the day" like 50+ years ago?

Saw this in another thread....

Hawthorn 2010: EF final
Hawthorn 2011: Prelim final
Hawthorn 2012: Grand final
Hawthorn 2013-2015: Threepeat

Geelong 2018: EF final loss
Geelong 2019: Prelim final
Geelong 2020: Grand final
Geelong 2021-2023: Threepeat?

I wouldn't complain if that was to eventuate.

Back