Teams Wests Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I assumed he was intended to replace Brooks, who you hoped to move on? Douehi is OK, but isn't full-back his best position?
Brooks probably needs to find another club to find himself. Great junior who hasn't really been as good since Moses left.
Douehi played halfback for Balmain SG Ball in 2016
Although Ryan Papenhuyzen was the full back

need some good news

Although Ashfield own 90% of the joint venture and Balmain are only represented by 2 members on the clubs board, I have seen nothing but negativity about Benny Elias making an offer to take over as majority shareholder.
From what I can gather he did some dodgy stuff that led to Balmain leagues club demise.

History lesson. 2012 article.

The fact that Uncle Benny told Mitchell Moses to leave to go to Parrascum half way through a season doesn’t help either.
Yet was on Fox League last night telling the story of how he himself was responsible for Moses coming to the tigers by whisking him there as a junior.
Furthermore also claimed he was attempting the takeover for love of the club and was prepared to lose money each year for them.
Im becoming very uneasy about his motives.

He's pretty good. He's an England international. Whether he'd be any better than other centres in the NRL, I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's pretty good. He's an England international. Whether he'd be any better than other centres in the NRL, I don't know.
couldn't be any worse than either Mbye, Douehi, Talau or Roberts

Although Ashfield own 90% of the joint venture and Balmain are only represented by 2 members on the clubs board, I have seen nothing but negativity about Benny Elias making an offer to take over as majority shareholder.
From what I can gather he did some dodgy stuff that led to Balmain leagues club demise.

That's not right.
Ashfield basically own all of the West Tigers joint venture.

If anyone was smart that wouldn't let Elias anywhere near the books or their cash. That Balmain rumour is about as close as you can get to reality.

Only one problem. Balmain have no leagues club of any sort any more. They have been amalgamated with Wests Ashfield.
I am no longer a member of Balmain Leagues Club, but a member of Wests Ashfield.

What part isn’t right ?
View attachment 1129041

Who do you think owns Balmain Tigers?
Wests paid out all of their NRL and Leagues club debts to secure the name.

The current Chair has a few dollars invested in the Balmain name and in Wests itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back