Dangerfield Injury

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep but dusty didn't miss 2 months, we could have Stanley, Duncan and O'Connor miss large chunks and it wouldn't be as big as a hole as danger. He's our match winner, he can rip a game apart in the middle, or can kick a bag up fwd.

Let's play some youth, we have enough experience,
When was the last time he was a match winner ?

Maybe if we just rested every player every week there’d be no chance of them getting injured and we’d win all the finals.

PROFIT!!

Just imagine if we gave him a 3 week holiday during his suspension as that would have surely prevented the syndesmosis injury that occurred during the North game...

Not that Danger was in any form this year, but now other teams playing us will be more confident, and that goes a long way in this fickle game which has a large psychological element in terms of gaining success. We certainly look less potent without him, and up until this year , he would have been rated top 5 in the comp.
Dusty is clear #1. Then the rest.

Just off the top of my head the Sydney game in the last round last year.
The Dogs game towards the end of the year.
The Brisbane game about half way through.
Definitely the second half of the Swans game. Without him we don’t win and we don’t get the double chance and we more than likely don’t get to play in last years GF.

Cant believe how many people knock him and especially cant believe how many Cats supporters do.

Definitely the second half of the Swans game. Without him we don’t win and we don’t get the double chance and we more than likely don’t get to play in last years GF.

Cant believe how many people knock him and especially cant believe how many Cats supporters do.
There are things to knock this year.
His suspension.
His fitness by injury.
His form.
His worse than usual kicking efficiency.
At his robust best, he is still our best, but he seems a long way off that.

His suspension.
His fitness by injury.
His form.
Cant agree with most of that sorry.

I wonder if I jump on the Dockers board if they kick the boots into Fyfe on a weekly basis coz he’s just as s**t by foot. Petracca too. Or is it just a Geelong thing?

just reading through posts today I have seen Hawkins is the issue up forward...seriously WTF!

Selwood is cooked and holding younger players back. He would nearly be leading our B&F atm and that’s after being the only player tagged letting the rest of our mids roam free each week. And who are these kids he is holding back?? kills me this stuff. (Not directed at your comments Dubs, just having a vent)

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
What a garbage statement, his suspension was unlucky, he's played 2 games, he didn't kick great on the weekend, but it's way too early and too small of a sample size to come up with that.

His suspension.
His fitness by injury.
His form.

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
came here to say sh*t news on danger, but couldnt help but laugh at this one

Just last year we were missing Prestia, Nankervis for 3 months each with the same injury danger has. Plus missing Edwards and Houli for the majority of the year due to family reasons and us being in the hub. Thats not even mentioning Astbury doing his knee in round 3 and not coming back until the very end of the season, as well as Grimes missing a few with a hammy.

I can get into our f’ed injury list in 2019 if you like too?..... the "healthy tigers" thing is a myth
you must of missed my other post, said prestia is always injured but fine come end of the year, nank i did forget about but then mentioned him however soldo was your starting ruck before he got injured even though i think nank is way better. Houli is washed and his fringe 22, baker and short have easily passed him now. Grimes missed one game for the year too lol, little different than Danger missing half the season. Edwards and Houli not playing was purely their decision for family purposes and not injury. I'd rather a guy be healthy and out than injured and out.

Last edited:
you must of missed my other post, said prestia is always injured but fine come end of the year, nank i did forget about but then mentioned him however soldo was your starting ruck before he got injured even though i think nank is way better. Houli is washed and his fringe 22, baker and short have easily passed him now. Grimes missed one game for the year too lol, little different than Danger missing half the season. Edwards and Houli not playing was purely their decision for family purposes and not injury. I'd rather a guy be healthy and out than injured and out.
I went to Richmond vs Port over here. Houli was about best on for Richmond

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

I wonder if I jump on the Dockers board if they kick the boots into Fyfe on a weekly basis coz he’s just as sh*t by foot. Petracca too. Or is it just a Geelong thing?

just reading through posts today I have seen Hawkins is the issue up forward...seriously WTF!

Selwood is cooked and holding younger players back. He would nearly be leading our B&F atm and that’s after being the only player tagged letting the rest of our mids roam free each week. And who are these kids he is holding back?? kills me this stuff. (Not directed at your comments Dubs, just having a vent)
yeah the Selwood s**t has pissed me off this year, he's probably been one of our best players but people just pinning our slow play to him cause he is old and not that fast. He isn't the problem so far that's for sure, he still makes decisions fast and doesn't butcher the ball like other guys have this year.

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
I went to Richmond vs Port over here. Houli was about best on for Richmond
have to disagree with you there. maybe washed is too harsh from me but I don't think he was best on for them. most of his touches were uncontested marks from port just kicking it long and not even looking. I thought Lambert and Short were tigers two best that night. Houli is always gonna put up decent stats cause the role he plays.

have to disagree with you there. maybe washed is too harsh from me but I don't think he was best on for them. most of his touches were uncontested marks from port just kicking it long and not even looking. I thought Lambert and Short were tigers two best that night. Houli is always gonna put up decent stats cause the role he plays.
Seats I was in it was hard to tell but he looked like he was in everything to me.

I wonder if I jump on the Dockers board if they kick the boots into Fyfe on a weekly basis coz he’s just as sh*t by foot. Petracca too. Or is it just a Geelong thing?

Check out disposal eff for this year, and tell me that's not more an issue than it has been.
Talking 2021 more than other years.
Moot point now anyway as he is out for winter.

What a garbage statement, his suspension was unlucky, he's played 2 games, he didn't kick great on the weekend, but it's way too early and too small of a sample size to come up with that.
Sorry, I forgot to add his garbage performance in the GF in 2020!
What excuse there?
Injured?
What that game highlighted was the gulf in class between Danger and Dusty.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry, I forgot to add his garbage performance in the GF in 2020!
What excuse there?
Injured?
What that game highlighted was the gulf in class between Danger and Dusty.
Dusty is 27 and in his prime.
Danger is 31 and past his. Of course Dusty, the best player in the game and ultimate finals performer is better.
In 4 years you'll be saying that Dusty played a garbage game and how classy Bailey Smith is.
He knocked out their best defender in the first few minutes and kicked a clutch goal.
If we couldn't win after that and had to rely on a 31 year old to carry us we clearly didn't deserve to win.

Dusty is 27 and in his prime.
Danger is 31 and past his. Of course Dusty is better.
In 4 years you'll be saying that Dusty played a garbage game and how classy Bailey Smith is.
He knocked out their best defender in the first few minutes and kicked a clutch goal.
If we couldn't win after that and had to rely on a 31 year old to carry us we clearly didn't deserve to win.
Dusty turns 30 very soon.

Oh. Thought he was younger than that.
Disregard last post then. He's kicking arse.
No worries.
Interesting that since 2016, Dusty and Danger have played the same number of games(102) and stand #1 and 2 in broken tackles.
Dusty 206
Danger 103
Twice as many- he is brutishly strong, and we know how strong Danger is.

Back