News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is correct then that would cause more questions than answers !

Neil Balme was available at the start of the year and is the perfect person for this position and was chased by the Crows and GWS i believe but decided not to accept and move interstate and re signed very late with the Tigers in a limited role. Was well and truly available and on the market

Why wouldnt the Blues chase like crazy to get Balme over to carlton. Crazy
Absolutely agree.
What about Mark Williams, available at start of year also.

This is "formalised" to placate the masses. More of the same really. We need an outsider on staff full time, telling hard truths.

Spin any way you want Teague and Judd have warm and fuzzy relationships with Woosha.

Cant believe no one is concerned by the damage he did to Essendon, such a degree players like SAAD wanted out.

The group thinks posters that tell facts are pessimists. Maybe we are just realists.

We are the same posters who said similar things during Boltons death throws

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

The quotes from Brad Lloyd in the SEN article make it sound that way.

He will observe a couple of games this year.

Worsfold, who returned to Perth after his time with the Bombers, will consult by being in “regular contact with the coaching group”.

The above doesn’t sound like someone who is doing the role full time or basing themselves in Melbourne.
Its in the articles. Based in Perth and will fly to a couple of select games.

Majority of games he will see on TV like us. We all know you see more of how the game unfolds at the ground watching the next third of field move etc.

That's not what we need. We need a full time experienced head observing all machinations in the footy dept from match review to game day warm down.

And someone sitting in the box on gameday observing the dialogue, relationships, communication etc.

Absolutely agree.

This is "formalised" to placate the masses. More of the same really. We need an outsider on staff full time, telling hard truths.

Spin any way you want Teague and Judd have warm and fuzzy relationships with Woosha.

Cant believe no one is concerned by the damage he did to Essendon, such a degree players like SAAD wanted out.

The group thinks posters that tell facts are pessimists. Maybe we are just realists.

Essendon did the damage to themselves....Saad leaving nothing to do with Woosha.

Rutten? Well, maybe.....

Woosha got them to two finals, with a crappy list and a lot of overhang from the jab scandal.....

Majority of games he will see on TV like us. We all know you see more of how the game unfolds at the ground watching the next third of field move etc.

That's not what we need. We need a full time experienced head observing all machinations in the footy dept from match review to game day warm down.

And someone sitting in the box on gameday observing the dialogue, relationships, communication etc.

Do we?

So Teague's not up to it?

How about getting rid of the band of lightweight assistant coaches (not all of them), but a few are well past their use by date.

Neil Balme was available at the start of the year and is the perfect person for this position and was chased by the Crows and GWS i believe but decided not to accept and move interstate and re signed very late with the Tigers in a limited role. Was well and truly available and on the market

I'll tell you why...
Because people know they would subsequently be out of a job

Absolutely agree.

Totally agree. The incompetence of our Football Operations Manager and the Board in not identifying a lack of senior experience and quality of coaching until 5 rounds into the season is staggering. All other clubs made their appointments during the off season in supporting their senior coach. The football department is a rabble and football is the core business of the club.
Once again the club is asleep at the wheel & rolling out media releases trying to cover up poor decisions.
I just wish the club would own their decisions and admit their mistakes and not treat its supporters like fools!

Regarding the Bold text above.

Teague was basically appointed by the senior group of players.
I'm sure they pushed for him but CEO. President, the board itself and Brad Lloyd are the real decision makers on whom was appointed coach.
They are responsible and accountable if this proves to be the wrong choice. However, if they can fix up a wrong choice and genuinely develop Teague into a genuine good head coach that has winning big finals, then it can be turned around. Hopefully it is but to me it looks like they got carried away in the moment of a few wins and probably made it through poor process of thinking. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and the Worsfold appointment to me shows they know it not been getting results expected at this stage of this build. If they can make a bad decision turn right in the end, it can still end well.
Here is hoping because just sacking and starting again during a season would be the worst possible outcome for where we should be right now.

Hopefully Worsfold gets through to Teague that he has to step up and be a genuine head coach and not a nice assistant coach among a group of coaches.

Last edited:

Some people are are bad cultural fit at a club. Balme like Clarkson would never be welcome at the club. Much like Walls was a terrible appointment at the Tigers

An observer from the planet Neptune could point out the complacency and malaise in our footy dept - our best hope is that Woosha is reporting to the board ahead of an end of year cleanout.

Balme like Clarkson would never be welcome at the club.

yep, both far too ruthless and competent

God, but this media caper's easy! Pen a provocative headline that's borderline irrelevant to the article itself.

I will say, though, that it's a bit funny that Tim Watson considers himself sufficiently an expert on Worsfold's coaching despite a) not being at Essendon while he was there, b) completely ignoring his coaching of WC, and c) not having worked with Worsfold ever. 'Slammed' is not how I would describe Sumich's opinion, either; both Watson and Sumich are in general in favour of the move with very specific and different caveats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people are are bad cultural fit at a club. Balme like Clarkson would never be welcome at the club. Much like Walls was a terrible appointment at the Tigers
Not sure why. I agree with some people but Balme has proven he is a person that is extremely good at what he does and success follows him where he goes
also he is never a threat to the coach.

God, but this media caper's easy! Pen a provocative headline that's borderline irrelevant to the article itself.

I will say, though, that it's a bit funny that Tim Watson considers himself sufficiently an expert on Worsfold's coaching despite a) not being at Essendon while he was there, b) completely ignoring his coaching of WC, and c) not having worked with Worsfold ever. 'Slammed' is not how I would describe Sumich's opinion, either; both Watson and Sumich are in general in favour of the move with very specific and different caveats.
There's articles, then there's headlines. Often penned by separate people.

Have to admit, I was wrapped at this announcement earlier today.
Thought, finally the club gets it, we are going to make change and shake it up.

Just found out it's not full time and being done from Perth..
Worsfold not being at the club, has soured my excitement..

Starting to look more like a PR stunt.. Damn :sadv1:

Not suprised, we like to do things half-asssed in hopes it works.

Consultancy role via video/phone is fine. It sounds more like an interpersonal thing rather than a gameplan thing.
Of course it then points to perceived issues between coach-players or coach-coach that aren't gameplan related. From some of the quotes floating around, it sounds like perhaps Teague needs to learn how to get more from his players, or for him to get the players to want to get more out of themselves.

Totally agree. The incompetence of our Football Operations Manager and the Board in not identifying a lack of senior experience and quality of coaching until 5 rounds into the season is staggering. All other clubs made their appointments during the off season in supporting their senior coach. The football department is a rabble and football is the core business of the club.
Once again the club is asleep at the wheel & rolling out media releases trying to cover up poor decisions.
I just wish the club would own their decisions and admit their mistakes and not treat its supporters like fools!

Liked for the training wheels reference, looks like they've been put back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back