Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide
The Youtube Thread

This is one of the great traditions of American college football. It's like a pitch invasion, only with more destruction! I know it's a dangerous thing to do, but it's cool to see the emotions of a fanbase reach this level. Here's a link to a video of Kentucky's post game celebration after their win vs. UGA:

[youtube]OACf_PwKfto[/youtube]

To the Georgia fans here, I apologise for posting this video. I just want to expose this tradition to people on this board who might not have ever seen it. As a Tide fan, I remember what it felt like when Bama lost to Kentucky in 1997. Our loss last week was comparable to that, maybe worse. :( I don't wish any ill upon the Bulldogs, and I hope they win the rest of their games (especially vs. auburn :) ).

usalion

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Re: Tearing down the goalposts

A bit like hoop fans swarming the court after a big basketball win- when I was at SIU, and the Salukis won over the likes of Creighton, Indiana and our bracket Buster games, the fans poured onto the court.

In football, tearing down the posts is dangerous (as you noted)- people have been hurt- and many universities have taken measures to stop it, by posting police and putting material on the posts that makes tearing them down very difficult- Vaseline and similar substances- fans can't grip.

To be honest, the fans need to stay off the field in all events- the kick around after an AFL match a bit different- simply a safety precaution. What if someone is seriously hurt? they could sue the university.

Roll Tide

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide
This ad destroyed the Super Bowl

This is probably the most famous and successful Super Bowl ad. If you are looking for a single event in the history of Super Bowl Sunday that transformed it from being the biggest game of the year into nothing but corporate crap, here it is:

[youtube]OYecfV3ubP8[/youtube]

Bombers_Forever

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners and Seahawks
Re: This ad destroyed the Super Bowl

Funny thing is I have not seen that ad before!

usalion

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Re: This ad destroyed the Super Bowl

Dunno- there have been a few- and the Supe was MADE for selling ad time... Check out the webstie....

http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2007/index.html

In the All Time list, my three favs are:

1. Coke with the little kid and Mean joe Greene
2. XEROX, with Brother Dominic
3. Mcdonald's, with Bird and Jordan

Now what is really going too far- some morons in NC are getting up a petition to have the Monday after the Super Bowl turned into a national holiday. Bread and circusses, my friends...bread and circusses.

Roll Tide

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide
football videos

Post videos of your favorite plays or bits of games in this thread.

1993 Sugar Bowl
[youtube]-U5q-iKx3Co[/youtube]

non-Bama related
[youtube]FNsqpIfzeAQ[/youtube]

CONS_SS

Premiership Player
NFL Board HoF NFL Draft Comp Participant NFL Mock Draft Participant Armchair Endzone Participant
Feb 2, 2006
Other Teams
DALLAS COWBOYS
Re: football videos

[youtube]cwE-0atpysQ[/youtube]

So many to choose from.... but this Mike Singletary/Ray Lewis clip from NFL Films is great, mainly because of Singletary's famous quote "I like this kinda party!!"

Love it :D :thumbsu:

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood

Randy Moss

[youtube]A6kMpJjsDg0[/youtube]

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm struggling to find any other Moss video clips (With highlights not just photos...)

Roll Tide

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide
Sam Mcguffie

This guy will be the top rated high school tailback in the 2008 recruiting season. He rushed for 3,212 yards and 44 tds in his junior season alone.:eek: I have never seen a recruit highlight reel as fascinating to watch as the one tagged in this post. Warning: The music set to this video sucks.
[youtube]x4IJ17ODo_s&NR[/youtube]
Not bad for a white boy! :thumbsu:

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re: Sam Mcguffie

You know, all that is is just very bad tackling!

Nah, that kid's amazing. Love the leaping over defenders at full-pace, then landing, spinning, cutting back, slowing down, speeding up, etc. Must be a bit of rubber man. Often he doesn't even care what his lead blockers are doing. He just runs circles around everyone including his teammates. No one seems to know what he's doing. But....I can see this kid badly fracturing his leg/ankle or his knee one day from all that leaping and cutting back etc.

Maybe with a name like Sam McGuffie he learnt to run run run away from getting beat up all the time.

Btw, there was also a lot of bad tackling there. But this kid's amazing. Got a big future, and about time we saw a white boy at HB.

Roll Tide

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide

If you compare McGuffie's video with high school footage of Adrian Petereson and Reggie Bush, I think you'll notice that there's not a dime's worth of difference between them. Although I would rate McGuffie's and Bush's high school tapes slightly above Peterson's. I'm not saying he'll be as successful as those two are, but he definitely has the potential.

Reggie Bush:
[youtube]tgvY1SLCmFQ[/youtube]

Adrian Peterson:
[youtube]RWiuB51AP6Q[/youtube]

CONS_SS

Premiership Player
NFL Board HoF NFL Draft Comp Participant NFL Mock Draft Participant Armchair Endzone Participant
Feb 2, 2006
Other Teams
DALLAS COWBOYS

This guy will be the top rated high school tailback in the 2008 recruiting season. He rushed for 3,212 yards and 44 tds in his junior season alone.:eek: I have never seen a recruit highlight reel as fascinating to watch as the one tagged in this post. Warning: The music set to this video sucks.
[youtube]x4IJ17ODo_s&NR[/youtube]
Not bad for a white boy! :thumbsu:

wow thats pretty awesome. I like how at about 3:40 he jumps over the blue defender and steps on his back!!

Here's another video of him for a 90 yard TD return!

[youtube]-hoQJPcj2qs[/youtube]

I dont follow college football, let alone high school, but how does this guy and Bush, Peterson etc. compare to another highly regarded youngster I keep hearing about called Darren McFadden I think his name is??

Sep 9, 2006
Far Far Away
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy

wow thats pretty awesome. I like how at about 3:40 he jumps over the blue defender and steps on his back!!

I dont follow college football, let alone high school, but how does this guy and Bush, Peterson etc. compare to another highly regarded youngster I keep hearing about called Darren McFadden I think his name is??

Well to be honest dude, he looks better than Chris Wells @ Ohio State last year. Where will he land? Remands to be seen. He is better than Reggie in high school (from vids), and maybe as good as AD, but they are different backs. He looks like a slot/back with potential to play as a db in college. Compared to D-Mac, very different: D-Mac, bigger, and stronger (better hands?) and this guy is more of an explosive guy off the line, from what i've seen. Can break a tackle, but so can I in high school, and has some nice cuts. Could be prone to injuries if he gets hits early, as he runs kinda high, is my biggest problem...right now D-Mac is a much better talent, but S-Mac is much younger...obviously

Roll Tide

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide

McFadden, Bush, and Peterson are all equally good IMO. D-Mac is good enough to start for an NFL team, but he's ineligible for this year's draft. It's a shame Peterson didn't return for his senior year because it would have been an awesome battle between AP and D-Mac for the Heisman trophy. Peterson's departure probably makes D-Mac the Heisman frontrunner for 2007. It wouldn't be fair to compare McGuffie to these three because he has another year of high school football to play.

CONS_SS

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2006
Other Teams
DALLAS COWBOYS

You guys are calling Darren McFadden 'D-Mac, but I've heard a better nickname: Run DMC :D

Back