The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

:tearsofjoy:

Watching the Poms collapse at home to the Kiwis has been delicious
No good bats in the side other than Root.
Relying on old fogies like Anderson and Broad. No good spinner.

We will crush them this summer.

Test championship final = good idea

Relying on English weather in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December= bad idea

Lost the whole first session
EFA.

Was very keen to watch this. Unsure how much play they’ll manage today (just going by the cricinfo commentary).

A 6th day/reserve day is available I believe? That’s handy.

Drinks have come at a good time now for New Zealand, they need to regroup and get their lines right. I thought India would be in trouble after being sent in. Very good first hour for them.

Nice to see more of Gill, was very impressive over here during the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for world cricket
I'll just keep my head down for a bit and pretend to not agree over here.

Thank god they didn't win the one day world cup & rugby world cup they'd be going nuts about having 5m people and holding 3 world titles at once!

Hell of an achievement for New Zealand. Comprehensive win in the end. Their bowlers were all over India, led by Jamieson. Great result for them.

Stopped at Tea.

Typical English captaincy costly again. They always are too conservative and preference not losing as opposed to trying to win. Men on the boundary everywhere.

But to crumble in two sessions is hilarious.

Felt it was more appropriate to reply here in this thread instead.

It was almost unfathomable how they lost that match from the position they were in. 8 wickets down with only 160 odd to chase. But then Bumrah comes out and they completely lost their s**t.

Root is absolutely culpable in this as well. I saw him at the forefront of some of the verbals and he didn’t seem to call for calm or pull up guys like Butler and Anderson etc. They had so many opportunities to compose themselves however within an hour or so, the game had come and gone.

I particularly appreciated some of the exchanges during England’s capitulation. Great viewing.

Lots of righteousness over Anderson being bounced. If they bring that sense of entitlement to Australia, they’re going to be mauled here.

Felt it was more appropriate to reply here in this thread instead.

It was almost unfathomable how they lost that match from the position they were in. 8 wickets down with only 160 odd to chase. But then Bumrah comes out and they completely lost their sh*t.

Root is absolutely culpable in this as well. I saw him at the forefront of some of the verbals and he didn’t seem to call for calm or pull up guys like Butler and Anderson etc. They had so many opportunities to compose themselves however within an hour or so, the game had come and gone.

I particularly appreciated some of the exchanges during England’s capitulation. Great viewing.

Lots of righteousness over Anderson being bounced. If they bring that sense of entitlement to Australia, they’re going to be mauled here.
Now that Jofra is injured and Stokes isn't playing they will get destroyed regardless. Their lower order is brittle without Stokes who is their talisman and Jofra is a wildcard. The rest of them don't offer much. Losing after your skipper makes 180 not out is a disgrace.

On Anderson, he loves chatting s**t when he is at home but then cries foul whenever England are on the back foot or away from home.

Now that Jofra is injured and Stokes isn't playing they will get destroyed regardless. Their lower order is brittle without Stokes who is their talisman and Jofra is a wildcard. The rest of them don't offer much. Losing after your skipper makes 180 not out is a disgrace.

On Anderson, he loves chatting sh*t when he is at home but then cries foul whenever England are on the back foot or away from home.

Will Jofra and Stokes be fit for the Ashes? Not sure how long they’re out for. Their chances are quite grim otherwise. Root is in career best form however batting is very light outside of him.

Totally agree with Anderson. One of the all time greats however he always had that streak in him. From where they were in that match, India 8 down, it really is one of the most ridiculous displays of self destruction I’ve seen in a long time. The hour afterwards they completely lost their s**t, and loved how India served it right back.

Will Jofra and Stokes be fit for the Ashes? Not sure how long they’re out for. Their chances are quite grim otherwise. Root is in career best form however batting is very light outside of him.

Totally agree with Anderson. One of the all time greats however he always had that streak in him. From where they were in that match, India 8 down, it really is one of the most ridiculous displays of self destruction I’ve seen in a long time. The hour afterwards they completely lost their sh*t, and loved how India served it right back.
Jofra definitely won't be fit. Stokes has taken indefinite leave from cricket due to mental health and to rest a finger injury that he has been carrying for a while.

It was great watching Anderson lose his s**t and try to bump the Indian tail. The Poms lost their heads completely.

Jofra definitely won't be fit. Stokes has taken indefinite leave from cricket due to mental health and to rest a finger injury that he has been carrying for a while.

It was great watching Anderson lose his sh*t and try to bump the Indian tail. The Poms lost their heads completely.

Has there been much of a reaction from the media over there about then losing their s**t that you’ve noticed?

From an Ashes standpoint, really would prefer to see both teams at full strength and would’ve enjoyed seeing Jofra on Australian pitches. Think it’s going to be quite a one sided series otherwise.

Has there been much of a reaction from the media over there about then losing their sh*t that you’ve noticed?

From an Ashes standpoint, really would prefer to see both teams at full strength and would’ve enjoyed seeing Jofra on Australian pitches. Think it’s going to be quite a one sided series otherwise.
The UK press thought that Anderson had Kohli and the Indians rattled. That was before the Poms meltdown though. Nothing has been said about it since. Root and Anderson have always been protected by the press over here. They only went after KP because he was a foreigner.

Watching yesterdays test, Kohli batted beautifully for his 50 but he really needed to go on with it and score a big ton as Root has done a few times this series. I may be biased but I am not impressed by batsman who come in with a platform already built for them. The great ones make big runs when their team are in the s**t. Kohli has done this on many occasions previously but I can't remember him doing it in the last 3-4 years. Especially in England and with his team struggling, he needs to go to the next level. I want to see a Punter at Old Trafford in 2005 style innings in the second dig from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back