Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

I must say you reap what you sow fancy locking down a city over a case.

Oh well as a freo fan i am disappointed there wont be a full house at optus tomorrow night to cheer on the boys

But also as a New south welshman i can't believe the contract tracing in WA is not sufficient enough by now to handle an outbreak.

That's the most annoying thing about this whole debacle and the debate that goes round in circles, the dichotomising

The most annoying thing is the lack of appreciation for the potential impact an outbreak could have, both health-related and economic.

I'll take a 3 day lockdown now if it means small businesses can remain open in the longer-term i.e. next week.

Or ya know, so my immune-compromised Dad doesn't die.

Apparently this is a long weekend variant of the virus, and is non-infectious at other times. It's been nicknamed the double-demerit variant.
Given there is already a known case from this escaped virus carrier and lots of testing at the accommodation - I think we will have a weekend of positive results and we'll get to play the next game at Optus with crowds in two weeks, with the Derby being a true neutral.

The most annoying thing is the lack of appreciation for the potential impact an outbreak could have, both health-related and economic.

I'll take a 3 day lockdown now if it means small businesses can remain open in the longer-term i.e. next week.

I think everyone agrees with you. I'd just like that same appreciation to carry back a step to the process containing the virus in the first place.

I'd probably die if I caught it now.

I can't be bothered going over the same arguments that were had months ago. Especially with this sort of ' why do you want to kill my dad' bullshit accusation thrown in

Or you could keep your dad isolated as a precaution.

I've already started building a grand stand in front of my TV out of spare toilet paper rolls so I can get the Optus experience tomorrow night.

I've also bought a bunch of crappy frozen pies I can bang in the microwave and charge myself an outrageous amount of money for. Plus opened a bunch of beer bottles so it is suitably flat by game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the feds had got their arse into gear with the vaccine rollout and the quarantine hubs lockdowns wouldn't be needed.
You should look into the articles on vaccinated people transmitting the virus. We will still need lockdowns if one case in the community is unacceptable.

We need to start considering what the future will look like where vaccines can't keep ahead of the mutations and the spread so wide in the rest of the world that we either need to turtle up here and never let anyone in or accept that it's going to have to burn through us to eventually.

Not that anyone gives a s**t atm but these are the emergencies for the game:

E: Tobe Watson, Connor Blakely, Lloyd Meek, Darcy Tucker

Wow, some pretty ordinary takes in here. Yes it sucks but the infected person has been out in the community and already given the virus to someone he stayed with. I’d prefer to lock down for a couple of days over the alternative.

It’s a football game at the end of the day. People acting like they have been personally attacked by not be able to go should really get a grip.

Wow, some pretty ordinary takes in here. Yes it sucks but the infected person has been out in the community and already given the virus to someone he stayed with. I’d prefer to lock down for a couple of days over the alternative.

It’s a football game at the end of the day. People acting like they have been personally attacked by not be able to go should really get a grip.
The CHO warned McFluffy on the 08/04/2021 that the Mercure hotel was a problem and he did nothing, 2 weeks later on the eve of a long weekend.....
#Perthlockdown

Thought you didn't give a sh*t.
I have but I have friends and rellies who were looking forward to going.
I care for friends , family and the supporters who are missing out.
Maybe a little empathy for others might improve your outlook
What are you on about ole girl, I drove up 4 hours hours today for this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back