Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to start the argument up again, but....
Gee Mills is pretty handy back there. And Rowbottom is pretty handy in the midfield.

Mills has been our best midfielder in general play.

Well on a brighter note, how good to have Heeney and Rowbottom back!!

Heeney is IMO along with Buddy & Rampe, a top 3 player for us. Our leading goalkicker when he went down, our best marking target. Just totally invaluable. Even one week without him was too long! And it hasn't quite felt right seeing all these kids thriving for us and Rowbottom not being amongst it.

Also props to McLean for doing everything right to keep himself in the selection frame. Logan out and no Buddy for a few more weeks, he may never get a better opportunity. Hope he makes it count, he deserves it.

Yep. Players where they can best contribute. Mills back. Rowbottom forward. Kennedy, Parker, and Bell should be midfield.

Sister Michael GIF - Sister Michael Fecks GIFs

Im a fan of playing both Melican and Brand. 2 x talls seems better than 1. both McCartin and Rampe are only a week or two away, I reckon we'll end up with McCartin + Brand or Melican + Rampe playing as the third tall
Campbell and Logan (dropped rested, doesn't matter) are not playing.. good, they'll be better for the break
McLean for McDonald and Heeney for Buddy. We lose the 3rd tall we (and a lot of clubs this year) have been playing with, But Heeney and Hayward are good marks, so still plenty of targets up forward
As much as I want to see Mills in the mids, theres a lot of mids named this week and Mills said at the beginning of the year that he'll play back when needed. Rampe and McCartin are big outs from the back 6. Can see Mills playing down there this week.

Swans by 45

Well on a brighter note, how good to have Heeney and Rowbottom back!!

Heeney is IMO along with Buddy & Rampe, a top 3 player for us. Our leading goalkicker when he went down, our best marking target. Just totally invaluable. Even one week without him was too long! And it hasn't quite felt right seeing all these kids thriving for us and Rowbottom not being amongst it.

Also props to McLean for doing everything right to keep himself in the selection frame. Logan out and no Buddy for a few more weeks, he may never get a better opportunity. Hope he makes it count, he deserves it.

Not to mention our best contested mark and he is a half forward / Mid size.

Mills has been our best midfielder in general play.
Can't say I agree with that assessment, though he's had a couple of very good games.
I think for team balance, getting the best player possible into their best position I'd have Rowbottom in mids, and Mills back. I know some see it otherwise and that's fine.
Will be interesting to see what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say I am devastated about Tom's injury. He, Dawson and even Campbell (playing out of position for the next 5 years) are the ones we had down back with super footy smarts. I really find calls for Mills - our best mid - to be chucked back there again, an appalling idea.

Great to have Heeney and Rowy back. To say I am nervous about Isaac's hand is an understatement.

Delighted for McLean to be back. He has not put a foot wrong in my view.

Yeah well now you know what it’s like for us family types when you bolshies flood the airwaves with your sh*t! 😛

You would benefit from a spell in re-education camp young BfB. Though not one run by the Hillsong types. 🤣

I did my time in the Catholic ones. And I’m a better man for it!

One of my great grand dads eloped from a Jesuit Seminary. "priests grew fat during the famine" was an adage in my family, among others that are not printable.

I hope Clarke is the sub. Can run all day both ways if called upon early, can disrupt their midfield with pressure, and can find the football to take some load off the usual big possession getters. I think he was in the bests last week. Deserves a shot, played some good games for us last year. More impact than Bell off the bench.

Also hoping Sinkers has a good one. I expect him to against 191 cm Burgess in the ruck and take a few marks around the ground too. He'll be keen to prove his doubters wrong. Brand too.

Gee the depth is better this year.

Let's move on mate. Do you reckon we are gunna win this?
Who the * knows. We support a club on the up, but young. Our best is going to look and be unstoppable. But if we’re a little off, it can look horrible.

I think I said after the Richmond win, enjoy the ride. It’s going to be a bit of a roller coaster.

I’d be more confident with a better ruckman. I like Sinkers, and am grateful for his service. But Hickey has shown how much we’ve missed Naismith. We need one of those two playing real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back