Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong Turn: The Foundation

Misleading title as it has nothing to do with the inbred hillbillies Wrong Turn apart from the fact that they are both set in the Appalachians. A group of friends go hiking and cross paths with a malicious cult. I mean it's not going to win any academy awards or anything but I was entertained.

Beanpole (2019). Russian title 'Dylda'.

Set in Leningrad just after WWII, it depicts the mental and physical aftereffects of the war on a number of characters. Iya is a tall, skinny, socially awkward woman (the beanpole) who suffers from catatonic fits due to PTSD. She's a hospital nurse who looks after Stepan, a sniper who is totally paralyzed below the neck. Iya's friend Masha longs to have a child but has been rendered infertile. It's slow paced and quite bleak in tone but it's always interesting. Masha's story towards the end of the movie comes out of the blue. She tells her story in a very matter of fact way but it has a massive emotional impact.

7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love and monsters on Netflix. It was fun. Kind of like zombieland with lesser known actors and giant insects and amphibians instead of zombies. And Darryl from the walking dead’s brother doing a cameo instead of bill murray. 7/10.

Last edited:
Love and monsters on Netflix. It was fun. Kind of like zombieland with lesser known actors and giant insects and amphibians instead of zombies. And Darryl from the walking dead’s brother doing a cameo instead of bill murray. 6/10.

This made me feel old! Haha. Do you mean Michael Rooker?

The Father.

Honestly dunno where to begin reviewing this film. I know its good- even great. But I didnt really like it. Nor did I find it that emotional tbh :shrug: (my mum was in tears tho). Obviously it was a fantastic performance by Hopkins which was reason to see it alone.

Hopkins- give a 9/10
The movie- give a no idea/10.
Maybe I need to see it again.

Maybe confusion over the film is what it intends to instill in the first place. Ironic.

I thought it was a cracker of a film but have no appetite to rewatch

I dont think I've ever watched, in it's entirety, "that" bath scene.
I just cannot.
I think its cause they rip fingernails out. One of the most torturous things one can do, to another imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back