Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

At least you lot get a public holiday, even though it’s at home. Thanks for nowt, Jeff Kennett.

Am I doing it right?

Concerts and sporting events allowing crowds tonight but not tomorrow?

Completely dumb
You have to draw a line somewhere and whenever a line is drawn there's generally anomalies either side. It's about containing as best you can, it's never going to be perfect.
While all the potentially infected people from Perth are allowed to drive down South for the weekend. Mixed messaging and illogical for mine.
I guess what they're hoping is that those who were at the potential infection sites will get tested and isolate. But yeah, complacency is often the greatest ally of a pandemic.

You should look into the articles on vaccinated people transmitting the virus. We will still need lockdowns if one case in the community is unacceptable.

We need to start considering what the future will look like where vaccines can't keep ahead of the mutations and the spread so wide in the rest of the world that we either need to turtle up here and never let anyone in or accept that it's going to have to burn through us to eventually.
The more people get it, the greater likelihood of mutations/variants.

The issue is that perception of the danger of the virus is far, far higher. There were surveys conducted in the USA that responded with people thinking the death rate of the virus was upwards of 10%
Fatality is only one of the concerns. It often does some pretty horrible crap to the survivors too. Including neurological damage. Don't know how permanent that damage is either.

A few days of a lockdown of sorts ain't the biggest price to pay.

I appreciate your drive. We drove 3 hours this morning and we are also disappointed, but we have to ensure that this guy didn't infect the community... we drove home 3 hours this evening so that we would not be stuck in Perth. Big picture, there are worse things...
What are you on about ole girl, I drove up 4 hours hours today for this.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Cerra out, who do you expect to move into the midfield rotations?

Will the likes of Walters or Schultz spend more time in the middle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really gutted to hear about the news. The financial impact on the club, and the fans that were looking forward to attending.

Hopefully the AFL shows some compassion later in the season and provides us a few Saturday night fixtures.

Being glass half full, it could be less physical and draining for the players without the crowd, which puts us in good shape for the derby.

I appreciate your drive. We drove 3 hours this morning and we are also disappointed, but we have to ensure that this guy didn't infect the community... we drove home 3 hours this evening so that we would not be stuck in Perth. Big picture, there are worse things...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought about driving back but was too tired.

You are having a laugh right? The AFL couldn’t give a toss about us and certainly won’t be doing us any favours by providing more Friday or Saturday night games.

IMG_1818.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back