news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that this thread has moved faster than it had for a while should explain why Conor will still be around for a while regardless of how he performs.

Imagine this matchup for the title a few years back! 38 and 41 years old as well, time for some young LHWs to take the next step.
I'm loving the fight...now.
Jan is a beast and a top bloke, and old boy Glover has earned his shot and is also a hell of a nice guy. I'm personally hoping for a Glover fairy tale.

I'm a bit worried about this bloke. Think he may have even skipped mama's cooking for this one.
I think he's finding the ko at some point.

Mate I think you're really under estimating Whittaker, Whittaker's done 40 rounds with Romero, Till and Cannonier. Would be one hell of an upset.
He couldn't even finish Heinish and hasn't finished anyone for 4 years.

So he apologised for making it public but didn't retract anything. Lol

Serious question: what happens if Conor loses again?

If he goes 1-3 in his last 4 with his only victory being am extremely washed Cerrone, it's hard to justify him fighting anyone in the top 5. Makes his boxing ambitious a bit more full, too.

Yet nearly everyone in the division would be screaming to fight McGregor if they arent next in line for the title.

It would all depend on whether or not McGregor wants to keep fighting or not.

Diaz3, Gaethje, Loser of Chandler/Oliveira, Ferguson, Holloway2, RDA & Hooker are all potential match ups if he loses the Poirier trilogy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. And if you go by Sherdog the amount of Conor threads are still huge, every social media post seems to get a thread.
Difference is thats all free. How many will pay $75 to watch? It'll drop significantly losing again. The mystique is already gone going 3-3 last 6, another loss? Becomes pretty meaningless, that big fight feel is gone completely imo

Difference is thats all free. How many will pay $75 to watch? It'll drop significantly losing again. The mystique is already gone going 3-3 last 6, another loss? Becomes pretty meaningless, that big fight feel is gone completely imo

I think he's one of the few PPV draws left and I feel like it will sell its **** off, I guess we will find out.

While Glover is a on a 6 win streak, Jesus it's a thin line

Santos IMO is the second best LW in the division but he ****ed up big time against Texeria and then let the worlds most boring striker box him to a majority loss

You have Bellator with Anderson/Nemkov/Bader who are all better then ******* Texeria

While Glover is a on a 6 win streak, Jesus it's a thin line

Santos IMO is the second best LW in the division but he f’ed up big time against Texeria and then let the worlds most boring striker box him to a majority loss

You have Bellator with Anderson/Nemkov/Bader who are all better then ******* Texeria
Corey Anderson sucks.

Damn man, Dan was getting piled on and in the end gets his hand raised.

The last few pages of this thread show why Conor sells.

Some people love him, some people love to hate him. That's cash money right there $$$

Did anybody ever find the Form 990 for Dustin's charity, by the way?

I searched and couldn't find it.

I mean that would have been way too early for Rob anyway, not the end of the world. Rob can take a month to heal and then if all goes well fight the winner in September or October.
Robs got wins over like 7/top 10 at this point. He needs to turn down any more fights until it's for a title. He's earned a title shot easily now.

Israel's team seems to always be very strategic about their choices of opponent and it shits me.

Last edited:
Robs got wins over like 7/top 10 at this point. He needs to turn down any more fights until it's for a title. He's earned a title shot easily now.

Israel's team seems to always be very strategic about their choices of opponent and it shits me.
Yeah I agree but if Izzy wanted to fight this early then Rob probably won't be ready. Gives him a good amount of time to prepare for a September fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back