Preview 2021 Round 6 - Melbourne vs Richmond, Saturday 24/04 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I called on the RCD thread, no changes

Unfortunately Aarts won’t show up & well be a man down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
People calling for Aarts to be replaced by RCD it won't happen.

Hopefully a couple more outstanding performances in the VFL and MRJ will be replacing Aarts.

So I've just organised a VFL ticket and will catch the train down from Bendigo.
Mate down the street has picked up two free tickets for the main game but will be already in Melbourne having lunch with his Mum. Will get me into the game then get me home.
So I get to go, but without personally subsidising Melbourne's bloody cheese platters and ski trips.
Interested in catching up with any of you BF Tigers at the VFL and whatever pub(s) is/are recommended in between games.

Order of importance, the Dees best players are Langdon from half back, then Oliver through the centre, and Trac spaced forward.
Gawn dominates ruck too.
Take care of those top four players, then they are gone.
As for the Doggies, in terms of disposals, the top four are McCrae, Dunkley, Bont and Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got do what we do best that's workrate, intensity and pressure right from the get go and hit the dee's hard.Hawks exposed them a bit last week.As they mentioned on bigfooty tiger cast expose May and Lever one on one and Tomilson is a weak link to.Nank just needs to work Gawn around the ground.

No extra ruckman and no extra inside mid.

I dont like that, Demons are strong in both areas we might be already against it at selection table.

we’ve always been about playing to our strengths rather than trying to offset the opposition strengths. Chances are even with a backup ruck it doesn’t make a difference against GAwns output, but the extra ruck takes away from our strength over them and that is run and spread.

People calling for Aarts to be replaced by RCD it won't happen.

Hopefully a couple more outstanding performances in the VFL and MRJ will be replacing Aarts.
Balme spoke about him on the club podcast and seemed to indicate he is still a fair way off playing AFL with his fitness base not quite at the level required

Said it would probably be mid year that he comes into consideration

No extra ruckman and no extra inside mid.

I dont like that, Demons are strong in both areas we might be already against it at selection table.

Obviously they don't think Coleman-Jones is ready, as I can't think of any other possible reason you'd not play him. I hate the idea of so much burden falling on Nankervis especially with his recent injury history because lose him and we really are stuffed. Also have always hated seeing Reiwoldt, Lynch or Astbury relief rucking in the middle, they never look convincing and they always have this look of an injury waiting to happen (and boy the reaction if that did happen). And Pickett the new Grigg? Well it might have worked massacring the Saints, but I doubt that stunt is going to work two weeks in a row against Gawn and Jackson.

Anyhow I hope we get away with Nankervis flying solo tonight and again obviously they simply don't think Coleman-Jones is ready. But games like this and even though I wasn't Soldo's greatest fan, really make me miss the peace of mind that the Nankervis/Soldo combination gave us. The sooner we get a second ruckman into the side the happier I will be.

Last edited:
Or Mansell, has been good enough but we don't want for half backs. Had a taste. Have to start blooding those who should be rewarded. Anyway, it's only rd.6, plenty of time.
Odd to drop someone who is performing as expected for someone to be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back