News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are are bad cultural fit at a club. Balme like Clarkson would never be welcome at the club. Much like Walls was a terrible appointment at the Tigers
IMHO this is part of the problem our club faces, attitudes and emotions from the 70s & 80s have no place in dictating strategy in 2021.
Older fans may not like it but they'll get over it if a Clarko or Balme perform the role to a level that sees our club achieve some degree of success.

IMHO this is part of the problem our club faces, attitudes and emotions from the 70s & 80s have no place in dictating strategy in 2021.
Older fans may not like it but they'll get over it if a Clarko or Balme perform the role to a level that sees our club achieve some degree of success.

48 years ago. :$

Older than many of the people at the club.

Many on here were bemoaning the appointment of Liddle as well- but went strangely silent when it was evident that he was doing a brilliant job.
How can you say he’s doing a brilliant job when the core business is football. He has appointed every key person in the football department and most of them are his mates. The club continues to mask its mistakes with numbers and figures. Do we actually have 80000 paid up members? No we don’t. As a member last year I was able to nominate a person for free. I’m assuming there’s lots of those. Incredibly our debt was wipe with a significant revenue reduction last year. Some very creative accounting work. Let’s see what our accounts are like at the end of this year.
Our coach throws figures at the supporters after losses that suit him. We are a dishonest club.
Let’s not forget football is why we pay our memberships, buy our jumpers and take our children, grand children to the football.
Never forget our core business is football and the CEO is responsible on who he puts into this positions and it’s results.

Not all of us. Some things hard to forget and forgive.

Many people at the people at the club would be fine with Clarkson if he was available to coach, how is that different with his Battle of Britain shenanigans? :think:

We even tried to poach him back in Bolton days if memory serves correctly.

Not to mention pretty sure Ian Atkin never played like he was again cause of the angry dwarfs sniping.

Many people at the people at the club would be fine with Clarkson if he was available to coach, how is that different with his Battle of Britain shenanigans? :think:

We even tried to poach him back in Bolton days if memory serves correctly.

Not to mention pretty sure Ian Atkin never played like he was again cause of the angry dwarfs sniping.

The day Clarkson gets appointed in any capacity is the day my membership goes into hibernation until he leaves. I know a couple of other members who feel the same.

The day Clarkson gets appointed in any capacity is the day my membership goes into hibernation until he leaves. I know a couple of other members who feel the same.

Yeah, unlikely to happen just thought it was odd how the club can think like that about Balme but not Clarkson.

Didn't we do that with Laidley for a time he was as an assistant to Mick ??

Banging the table via Zoom just doesn't have the same impact...

Kane Cornes talked about Laidley being part-time at Port and trying to coach players over skype. Basically players didn‘t take those sessions seriously can see the same happening with Woosha.

I found footage of first trial run here (ok this is a joke, sometimes you just need to laugh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This wreaks to me. Can anyone think of any other club who has done this? Bringing in a coaching consultant coaching season... why not hit a senior assistant coach or a director of coaching instead?

This is either one of two things:
1- Woosha is a Robert Walls-esque fly on the wall/ spy for the board
2- the club genuinely don’t know if our coaching structure is right nor how to fix it

Both possibilities above are as equally worrying as one another.

This wreaks to me. Can anyone think of any other club who has done this? Bringing in a coaching consultant coaching season... why not hit a senior assistant coach or a director of coaching instead?

This is either one of two things:
1- Woosha is a Robert Walls-esque fly on the wall/ spy for the board
2- the club genuinely don’t know if our coaching structure is right nor how to fix it

Both possibilities above are as equally worrying as one another.

I'd get rid of all the coaching staff aside from Amos before Teague and lol at hiring a mentor who lives in Perth.

How can you say he’s doing a brilliant job when the core business is football. He has appointed every key person in the football department and most of them are his mates. The club continues to mask its mistakes with numbers and figures. Do we actually have 80000 paid up members? No we don’t. As a member last year I was able to nominate a person for free. I’m assuming there’s lots of those. Incredibly our debt was wipe with a significant revenue reduction last year. Some very creative accounting work. Let’s see what our accounts are like at the end of this year.
Our coach throws figures at the supporters after losses that suit him. We are a dishonest club.
Let’s not forget football is why we pay our memberships, buy our jumpers and take our children, grand children to the football.
Never forget our core business is football and the CEO is responsible on who he puts into this positions and it’s results.
I'm beginning to come around to this way of thinking with Liddle. Club is flying from a membership / commercial sense, but there is a stench from the Liddle led hirings in the football department. Get the footy right and the rest will follow.

Is there a Carlton Coaches thread? Maybe one that lists all the Coaches, and then where we can make some comments? I don't know enough about all the coaches, but I feel the midfield-forward transitions aren't quite right? Is this a Barker-Bruce thing? Or is this a Teague thing? Ultimately head coach is responsible, but a person is also affected by the people around them...

Too much bad blood, would never ever happen.
... which is certifiable nonsense, in the professional era of the sport.

We - the fans - can hold all the grudges we want. It's the club's job to get us to 17, and while I certainly have lines I wouldn't cross to get there refusing to pick the best candidate for a mentor/review role because of something that happened almost 50 years ago is beyond stupid.

Is the club professional or not?

Nope, they wouldn't get over it. You don't understand the depth of hatred over this one.

... which is certifiable nonsense, in the professional era of the sport.

We - the fans - can hold all the grudges we want. It's the club's job to get us to 17, and while I certainly have lines I wouldn't cross to get there refusing to pick the best candidate for a mentor/review role because of something that happened almost 50 years ago is beyond stupid.

Is the club professional or not?

This isn't a franchise club, it has been built on passion, particularly from generations of supporters, you need to respect that and àll that comes with it. Hè wouldn't be welcome, if he was it'd be àn indication that we have become an empty shell.

My biggest question over hiring Worsfold is how does this work with the soft cap?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the 30%ish reduction in soft cap in football operations was carried through until 2022.

Apparently we, along with a lot of other clubs, had to let good people go to stay under the cap, so are we breaking the soft cap meaning Worsfold will become a proportionately more expensive hiring due to AFL tax? And if we are breaking it for Worsfold, why him and not some of the people we had to cut loose?

Or are we under the cap in which case, WTF? It was something like a $3million reduction and I would expect we were already spending every cent of the remaining cap.

My biggest question over hiring Worsfold is how does this work with the soft cap?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the 30%ish reduction in soft cap in football operations was carried through until 2022.

Apparently we, along with a lot of other clubs, had to let good people go to stay under the cap, so are we breaking the soft cap meaning Worsfold will become a proportionately more expensive hiring due to AFL tax? And if we are breaking it for Worsfold, why him and not some of the people we had to cut loose?

Or are we under the cap in which case, WTF? It was something like a $3million reduction and I would expect we were already spending every cent of the remaining cap.
Correct. The excuse of we couldnt turn the assistants due to the soft cap reductions / tax is rubbish when you see woosha added

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Correct. The excuse of we couldnt turn the assistants due to the soft cap reductions / tax is rubbish when you see woosha added

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
How much do you think woosha as a part time consultant would cost compared to a full time assistant, not to mention paying out the person you would be replacing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back