Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me get this straight, we only have enough players for six of them to play in the VFL at the moment. As of right now two of those players have been injured leaving us with only four AFL listed players in the VFL?

We are cursed. Actually cursed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight, we only have enough players for six of them to play in the VFL at the moment. As of right now two of those players have been injured leaving us with only four AFL listed players in the VFL?

We are cursed. Actually cursed.
On the plus side they’ve finally gotten Garner fit , hopefully haven’t jinxed him

It’s time to play him

How are Jona Segal and Tania Gallo still at North? Both have been with North for over 10 years in the strength and conditioning department and are now running the show.

Injury wise we've been decimated over the past 3 years. But our overall fitness just looks horrible across the board. Our youngsters don't put on size and they can't run out games. Phillips and Perez spent a year not playing before coming in and look bigger than players like Curtis Taylor who have been in the system for a few years now.

Simpkin and LDU look like going backwards. We turned Simpkin into a b grade blue collar mid when he was a flash and fleet of foot. I know people will point at his ankle injury but I seriously question our focus on mobility. All our players look stuck in the mud out there.

To rub salt in the wounds we have Gallo in a club special talking about women in sport and how she's seen a male dominated sport change especially at North. Keep those videos under wraps until we can field more than 6 people in the VFL team :drunk:

We were promised a review of our fitness and medical department but instead it appears to be getting worse. We are going nowhere fast unless this gets fixed.

How are Jona Segal and Tania Gallo still at North? Both have been with North for over 10 years in the strength and conditioning department and are now running the show.

Injury wise we've been decimated over the past 3 years. But our overall fitness just looks horrible across the board. Our youngsters don't put on size and they can't run out games. Phillips and Perez spend a year not playing before coming in and look bigger than players like Curtis Taylor who have been in the system for a few years now.

Simpkin and LDU look like going backwards. We turned Simpkin into a b grade blue collar mid when he was a flash and fleet of foot. I know people will point at his ankle injury but I seriously question our focus on mobility. All our players look stuck in the mud out there.

To rub salt in the wounds we have Gallo in a club special talking about women in sport and how she's seen a male dominated sport change especially at North. Keep those videos under wraps until we can field more than 6 people in the VFL team :drunk:

We were promised a review of our fitness and medical department but instead it appears to be getting worse. We are going nowhere fast unless this gets fixed.
I can speak from knowing Tania that she knows sweet * all about applying sport science principals to the men's afl team environment. Loves reading and interpreting gps stats...but no where near as a valuable asset like Dan Meehan was

We really should have gone harder for Darren Burgess. Melbourne got him and look at the knick they are in...:drunk:

Before that he had Port players breaking records and running out games with ease.

I can speak from knowing Tania that she knows sweet fu** all about applying sport science principals to the men's afl team environment. Loves reading and interpreting gps stats...but no where near as a valuable asset like Dan Meehan was
I've heard the same. More about research than applied work. Meehan out grew North. Poached and lured by NBA - who could blame him.

It's obvious we went down the cost cutting route. Keep Jona because he can do dietitian and ex phys work. Bonus...2 in 1. Get rid of Meehan and keep Tania who is more interested in publishing papers and speaking at conferences about women in sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back