budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
It’s not a jumper but what is this logo that West Perth have come up with for this season???

For a start - what is a 130th anniversary? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a club celebrate this particular year before.. the closest would be North MELB doing 125 years a few years ago.

Then it looks like they’ve done a Melbourne FC from a few years ago and put too many elements together in the one logo.

They started with an old school logo -
1618721321478.jpeg

Then added a 70’s or early 80’s logo with the W -
1618721355016.jpeg

Finally they thought we better add some falcons to the logo...and hey why not add two of them while we are at it -
1618721398770.jpeg

So in the end you get this “Homer“ logo...
1618721453332.png

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
GWS wearing their orange training jumper yesterday against the Swans (with the AFL logo), and with white shorts.

Not sure how this situation came about - not just the white orange/white shorts against the red and white of the Swans (charcoal shorts would have helped), but is the orange training jumper their VFL jumper?

834168.jpeg

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Aspley vs Port Melbourne yesterday.

Both in ISC, Aspley in the more recent singlet-style ISC template, Port Melbourne in the ISC template closer to what we saw at AFL-level in 2013-15.

833633.jpeg
833754.jpeg

Living Morganism

Debutant
Sep 19, 2018
North Pole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Looks like GWS's VFL jumper is the AFL training jumper?

Worn it both home and away now.

View attachment 1109010
I maintain that something has gone wrong with the rollout of Puma gear for GWS.

I can't account for how they got the Derby jumpers arranged, but everything else suggests supply issues. The non-appearance of the orange clash jumper vs Collingwood. The lack of Puma retail gear up for sale. The VFL team repurposing a training jumper.

Zac_Barker

Senior List
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

I can't account for how they got the Derby jumpers arranged, but everything else suggests supply issues. The non-appearance of the orange clash jumper vs Collingwood. The lack of Puma retail gear up for sale. The VFL team repurposing a training jumper.
I mean it’s the reserves team, why do u care so much?

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC

Sounds like you’re on the money

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Carlton in full home vs Brisbane in full home is a matchup I don’t think we’ve ever seen in the AFL but it looks good. I’ve always thought Brisbane’s maroon shorts could be treated more like Sydney and Gold Cost’s red with teams not necessarily needing to wear white.
A316A2BF-173F-4D74-8550-4B661B48E685.jpeg

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Carlton in full home vs Brisbane in full home is a matchup I don’t think we’ve ever seen in the AFL but it looks good. I’ve always thought Brisbane’s maroon shorts could be treated more like Sydney and Gold Cost’s red with teams not necessarily needing to wear white.
View attachment 1110155
Anyone here with colour blindness issues care to comment on how this works for them?

(and by the by... That's a 1 qtr score???)

Zac_Barker

Senior List
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brisbane should have a proper Fitzroy kit for the VFL.
Brisbane Lions>Fitzroy Lions (Play at Brunswick St Oval and Wear old Fitzroy Kit)
Sydney Swans>South Melbourne Swans (Play at Lakeside Oval and wear old Sth Melbourne Kit)

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Brisbane Lions>Fitzroy Lions (Play at Brunswick St Oval and Wear old Fitzroy Kit)
Sydney Swans>South Melbourne Swans (Play at Lakeside Oval and wear old Sth Melbourne Kit)
Lakeside Oval is an athletics track by the way

Back