Preview 2021 Round 6 - Melbourne vs Richmond, Saturday 24/04 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not simply about Nankervis having the fitness to go with Gawn, it's about Nankervis staying fit, which is an issue if you have to be mindful considering his recent injury history. Playing him solo against Gawn and Jackson doesn't help that. Coleman-Jones however would have reduced that risk. And true neither Nankervis or Coleman-Jones will win tap outs against Gawn, however they are big bodied enough to ensure that they don't lose every single one, meaning not every single one will go directly to Melbourne's advantage, there would be dirty balls where our midfielders at least stand an even money chance. Pickett on the other hand against Gawn will not be interesting, it will be a massacre. Really do doubt they will try that again, again expect a key forward or back to be Nankervis's back up this week, with all the risks and pitfalls that entails.
Agree, it's a bob each way maybe because Pickett if he plays ruck like last week adds great heat when the ball hits the ground. Maybe that is what they are going to bank on. Worth a try, but in general I agree with you.

Has everyone forgotten that Balta has been our 2nd ruck for the first 4 games or something?
Just because Pickett did it last week dosent mean he’s going to do it again this week

Has everyone forgotten that Balta has been our 2nd ruck for the first 4 games or something?
Just because Pickett did it last week dosent mean he’s going to do it again this week

Yep,it also doesn’t mean Pickett will ruck against Gawn if he is backup ruck. whether it be him or Balta, they will ruck against the 2nd ruck not Gawn

Last edited:

We looked much more settled down back with astbury and balta staying put. Plus pickett added something in the guts, I think we'll persist with it
Last week we were playing against st kildas 3rd and 4th string rucks
This week we have Gawn and Jackson who will both easily out leap and body Pickett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a up against a lemon we're taking the piss if we think he has any hope against gawn
Ccj should of played.
Yeah I hope it’s not one of those ‘lost at selection table’ type decisions. Astbury and Balta rotating through ruck worries me too, astbury just looks useless (Noah goes alright) but in both cases our backline takes a massive hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back