The Month Ahead

How many wins in the next month of footy?

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Stealing Catempire's thunder here but I don't believe we have had a bigger fork in the road month of footy in a long long time.

Eagles (H)
Swans (A)
Richmond (A)
St Kilda (A)

Will it be the start of the revival towards challenging in 2021?

Will it be the year we finally flounder and miss the eight?

Or will we go 2-2 and get to enjoy the same old tired arguments for another month before we beat GC at home and can then post the month ahead II?

West coast a challenge. Home deck probably a defining factor. I'll back us in but not by a lot and could easily go the other way

Sydney has been good but it's being held together by older players and a career best form Hickey. No Hickey, no Heeney, kids who are due a form slump. I think we get this one done without ever looking convincing.

Richmond. Nope. Maybe later in the year when the playing group has had a few games together in a row

Saints. Will walk this one in.

So 3 and 1 is doable. Drop west coast though and it becomes hard. We need to finish higher than them because I don't think they'll lose too many over in the west come finals

Stealing Catempire's thunder here but I don't believe we have had a bigger fork in the road month of footy in a long long time.

Eagles (H)
Swans (A)
Richmond (A)
St Kilda (A)

Will it be the start of the revival towards challenging in 2021?

Will it be the year we finally flounder and miss the eight?

Or will we go 2-2 and get to enjoy the same old tired arguments for another month before we beat GC at home and can then post the month ahead II?
Any of the above! At the moment, 0 - 4 is a distinct possibility if things don't click. But I remain confident things are / will turn. Eagles at home we can win. Swans have lost some of their lustre with serious injuries and a loss to GWS. They could be vulnerable. Richmond, well I give us 2 chances - Buckleys & Nunn. Saints are in worse shape than us, but will probably find form "finally" against Cats. So best case 3 - 1. Realistically, 2 - 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sub optimal juju, but I honestly doubt we win a single game here.

Eagles - strong around the ball and big strong fwds, each capable of winning games off their own boot... Not to mention nicnat v Stanley... Need I say more.

Swans - good pressure side (Catonyte) proven to kick big scores, playing at home.

Tigers - nope.

Saints - will set themselves for a big game here. Sides on the way up, or perceived as on the up, still see the cats as a benchmark for becoming genuine contenders.. Bumping us off would be quite the trophy from an otherwise ordinary season.

The Eagles were the one I was expecting to flip but now after seeing who dodged lockdown for them I'm back to thinking 3-1

Im anticipating a slightly angry sat afternoon special effort ... hopefully having Cameron we improve our inbound ball a bit and then it changes. Once we starting taking marks.. I suspect they will start to roll a bit. WC style and our style is not dissimilar and it takes the fear out from being burnt on the turnover.

Sub optimal juju, but I honestly doubt we win a single game here.

Eagles - strong around the ball and big strong fwds, each capable of winning games off their own boot... Not to mention nicnat v Stanley... Need I say more.

Swans - good pressure side (Catonyte) proven to kick big scores, playing at home.

Tigers - nope.

Saints - will set themselves for a big game here. Sides on the way up, or perceived as on the up, still see the cats as a benchmark for becoming genuine contenders.. Bumping us off would be quite the trophy from an otherwise ordinary season.
Pleasantly incorrect

Back