Review Round 6 vs Swans @ Metricon Stadium (24.04.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfield was great, forwards all clicked but the defensive group got us that win.

Nailed every tackle inside 50, pressure was crazy intense, worked through problems. Lemmens comfortably BOG for me.

Great response by all the boys.
Wait until we can get a Ruckman who can at least tap to some advantage our midfield is quite decent.

Listened to about 5 mins of the 3rd quarter on the app and heard them say swans had more inside 50’s yet we were up by 40.
spund like we were clinical up forward and hard nosed down back.
Can’t wait to watch the replay

Listened to about 5 mins of the 3rd quarter on the app and heard them say swans had more inside 50’s yet we were up by 40.
spund like we were clinical up forward and hard nosed down back.
Can’t wait to watch the replay

Dean Solomon was on special comments with afl nation/SEN was good to listen to as a suns supporter

I'm not entirely sure why but I've just had a very strong premonition that we're going to win this game. I feel we're going to make a stand in this game and prove a lot of the doubters wrong.

Some may say it's blind faith but this is a strong feeling I have right now.
The hunch was a good one. Very happy Suns member right here.

I love how the media keep referring to the Swans today as being undermanned or injury riddled not acknowledging that we have a tone of quality players on the sidelines!

Please for the love of God drum them back into the stone age, I will love you forever.

So all in all it was a great trip up the beautiful Gold Coast, super happy I decided to fly up it was well worth it, excellent win! I was met with lovely hospitality from the Gold Coast faithful. There was however an issue with the drum in the 1st quarter, macho Metricon staff in a suit came and told me I needed to store the drum in the cloak room as musical instruments are “banned” and told me not to the use it the rest of the quarter, I reached out the the club about it and they intervened and had this decision overturned and I was able to use the drum the rest of the game which was amazing.

So BRM did I earn your love? Did the drum live up to your standards? 🤣 some of the sunscreamers weren’t to happy about it at first but by the end of the game they were happy and telling me to come back again with it, success I guess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I just had a big media blackout and finished watching the game now as though it was live.
Funny reading the during game comments once it’s over.

Anyway 6 things
1-Scotch!!!! Right now Yew!!!
2-Brenton Speed when commentating Suns/Titans games has this amazing record of getting us wins.
3-Gerard Healy can suck a big egg, he spent the whole game crying about the Swans. What a knob.
4-Our blokes shouldn’t need Melbourne media riding them a bit to produce effort like that. Representing the Gold Coast and wanting to build something special should be the motivation to get them up and going every week.
5-Let’s see that effort produced again in front of the Pies army and their disgraceful VFL Umpires.

6-what I like most today is that the Swans are a great club known as “The Bloods”. There would have been buckets of blood in their sheds after the game. We hurt them physically today. They are going home very sore and sorry. Good.

Well I just had a big media blackout and finished watching the game now as though it was live.
Funny reading the during game comments once it’s over.

Anyway 6 things
1-Scotch!!!! Right now Yew!!!
2-Brenton Speed when commentating Suns/Titans games has this amazing record of getting us wins.
3-Gerard Healy can suck a big egg, he spent the whole game crying about the Swans. What a knob.
4-Our blokes shouldn’t need Melbourne media riding them a bit to produce effort like that. Representing the Gold Coast and wanting to build something special should be the motivation to get them up and going every week.
5-Let’s see that effort produced again in front of the Pies army and their disgraceful VFL Umpires.

6-what I like most today is that the Swans are a great club known as “The Bloods”. There would have been buckets of blood in their sheds after the game. We hurt them physically today. They are going home very sore and sorry. Good.

Love how they tackled to hurt. Needs to happen every week.

So BRM did I earn your love? Did the drum live up to your standards? 🤣 some of the sunscreamers weren’t to happy about it at first but by the end of the game they were happy and telling me to come back again with it, success I guess?
Mate you earned my love just for showing up, You then earned my adoration during the game for pounding on that drum like it owed you money (or played for Sydney)

I actually was meaning to mention it during the game but got sidetracked

Well done, hope to have you back up here once again

So all in all it was a great trip up the beautiful Gold Coast, super happy I decided to fly up it was well worth it, excellent win! I was met with lovely hospitality from the Gold Coast faithful. There was however an issue with the drum in the 1st quarter, macho Metricon staff in a suit came and told me I needed to store the drum in the cloak room as musical instruments are “banned” and told me not to the use it the rest of the quarter, I reached out the the club about it and they intervened and had this decision overturned and I was able to use the drum the rest of the game which was amazing.

Where are you staying at??

Just watched the replay.

Very happy with the energy and intensity the boys brought.
Can't think of someone who didn't play their role on the day.

Midfielders bought the heat from the first bounce
Forwards were active, dangerous and kicked straight
Defenders did not let their opponents out of their sight

Most importantly, consistent effort from the team across the whole game

It felt great to be at the stadium and experience the win. 9K crowd is better than I expected. I would say 1-2K were Swans fans.

Basically all players put in a great work rate and physically dominated. The contest, pressure, tackling was a first class for the whole game. We took our opportunities.

As for Swans playing a lot of kids, SUNS were actually 8 months younger, had 23 games less experience and Swans had 5 extra players with 100+ games.

Watching the game live, Miller, Anderson and Holman were tremendous. Corbett was working hard. Farrar backed up his performance. Markov runs in 2nd half were joy to watch. Lemmens had Papley on a string.

First quarter, every ball up Swans ended up with it. As the game progressed, I felt like Graham and Burgess did provided more contest in the middle and were more competitive there. Still minus 50 hit outs and yet we won clearances.

I was missing a drum in the first quarter. Thanks God, a common sense prevailed and you were allowed to use it. You did a great job. You have to fly in for every home game from now on.

After claiming that SUNS don’t have a soul, questioning what they stand for, commentators were actually not willing to give much credit to SUNS for the performance. It was on and on about how Swans were hit by injuries. WTF, we had no recognized ruckman!

It was great to see happy players after the game acknowledging the fans. Rankine giving his boots to fans, high five everywhere, even Flanders seemed excited.

I watched over a half of the VFL game. Brodie and Rosas were stand out for me. A couple of absolute shockers from Harbrow. Smith looked decent in his return. Murtagh was back to ‘work in progress’. Fyfe looked again like a future player.

Last edited:

I lost you once we got off the plane I tried to catch up on the tarmac but was stuck behind some slow walkers and got inside the terminal you were gone

It felt great to be at the stadium and experience the win. 9K crowd is better than I expected. I would say 1-2K were Swans fans.

Basically all players put in a great work rate and physically dominated. The contest, pressure, tackling was a first class for the whole game. We took our opportunities.

As for Swans playing a lot of kids, SUNS were actually 8 months younger, had 23 games less experience and Swans had 5 extra players with 100+ games.

Watching the game live, Miller, Anderson and Holman were tremendous. Corbett was working hard. Farrar backed up his performance. Markov runs in 2nd half were joy to watch. Lemmens had Papley on a string.

First quarter, every ball up Swans ended up with it. As the game progressed, I felt like Graham and Burgess did provided more contest in the middle and were more competitive there. Still minus 50 hit outs and yet we won clearances.

I was missing a drum in the first quarter. Thanks God, a common sense prevailed and you were allowed to use it. You did a great job. You have to fly in for every home game from now on.

After claiming that SUNS don’t have a soul, questioning what they stand for, commentators were actually not willing to give much credit to SUNS for the performance. It was on and on about how Swans were hit by injuries. WTF, we had no recognized ruckman!

It was great to see happy players after the game acknowledging the fans. Rankine giving his boots to fans, high five everywhere, even Flanders seemed excited.

I watched over a half of the VFL game. Brodie and Rosas were stand out for me. A couple of absolute shockers from Harbrow. Smith looked decent in his return. Murtagh was back to ‘work in progress’. Fyfe looked again like a future player.

Did Harbrow go back to playing like a cat on a hot tin roof?

Played very controlled kick-mark when he was up in the AFL team to limit his usual clangers.

If our midfield can break even, we are right in the mix. If they get on top like yesterday then we are hard to beat. Have a chance next week if we get win some midfield ball.
Forward structure is just better with Corbett. Runs all day, gets up the wing to be an outlet, does not get outmarked, and can clunk them. Looks to have improved his set shot for goal as well. His running lets King stay a little closer to goal.
So much easier to defend when the kick from the back half is under pressure. All the forwards were really good at keeping the pressure, especially Holman. But Flanders stood out as well so he should get a big tick from the coaches.
Who can we send some cash to this week in the Melbourne media mafia to put another rocket up Ainsworth or maybe another target? The 'On the Couch' boys did us a favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back