Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong, Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The midfield is just so weak and thin. Surely Trew, possibly Edwards have to go in.
Ainsworth, Jones, Langdon, O’Neill, Nelson - totally useless.
Winder could not be worse than Langdon and Jones. Langdon is a shocking recruit. Did they watch this guy play. Even when he occasionally gets the ball he stuffs it up.

Negatives
I just learnt the term "Carpet Knight". The West Coast Eagles are really carpet knights. A few drop of rain will stop them working.

The midfield is just so weak and thin. Surely Trew, possibly Edwards have to go in.
Winder could not be worse than Langdon and Jones. Langdon is a shocking recruit. Did they watch this guy play. Even when he occasionally gets the ball he stuffs it up.
Cripps is done. Has been for a few years now.

We lack the enthusiasm of youth coming through.

You guys did have a number of key players out, just as my Pies have now too, makes it hard. Geelong r damn near unbeatable down at that little shithole of a ground, they know every blade of grass, their fans are fanatical, probably biggest home ground advantage in the League, actually. Least a 6 goal better team down there. They never lose there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will apply drunk texting rules to posting here, and not vent my frustration and disappointment.
we will need to see a dramatic increase in application and effort next week or is it going to be a very disappointing month of football.
We can write off one horrific loss in a season, but need to see a response

Negative for me was can't win more than 12 goals down and we are still chipping it around the backline,
surely could have tried some different things to see what else our players can do and if we have a *en plan B

Meh this was pencilled in before the match begun and we played like we knew it. Can’t say I expected less given how we handled the hub last year. As soon as announcements were made yesterday our players would have shat the bed, that combined with Geelongs shithole of a ground leads to what we got today. Still would have been nice to not lose by 97 f*cking points but I think the games we should continue to be pissed at are the Dogs and Saints games. 5-1 (with a below average %) if we win the games we were in control of. This is the only game out of our opening 6 that we haven’t been in control of.

Who cares if Gaff gets it 270 times if he does nothing with it and can't stick a tackle?
I was going to say that but didn't want to come across as the anti christ today.

Was just trying to highlight how bad our possession counts were today.

And Gaff is useless. That was a complete momentum changer with that pea-hearted limp dick effort of a tackle. A complete team deflator.

He's not pat Malone out there to me there were 3 key moments in that game:
Sheed play on fro. a free kick
The Gaff pansy tackle
The kick to Cripps on a HFF

Positives:
- Darling worked hard, got up the ground a bit.
- Allen did alright given the lack of opportunities and being told to stay closer to home.
- Barrass tried his best against relentless pressure free entries, Gov was OK until his injury.
- Brander very composed when he managed to find it.

Negatives
- The entire midfield, including NN unfortunately. When he has a down day, we are no chance.
- Cripps and Langdon lack polish and pressure. Too many fumbles or just watching their defenders waltz it out.
- Our exits from defensive 50 were pretty damn woeful.
- Duggan getting a bath from that long sleeved pink booted Nancy.
- Gov injury.

NEGS

why the * would we have 4 defenders flying against 1 med fwd ?
why would Sheed ******* play on when he had a simple shot on goal ?
On Langdon kicking for goal . I was a little shocked he didn`t make the distance from 40 metres out ..

Haven’t read through the gameday thread but I agree with all of it

We lost that game in the second quarter and it started with our senior players. Gaff, Sheppard and Duggan were absolutely fn atrocious. FMD Gaff. What does he offer? Can’t tackle, slow as treacle and offers nothing offensively. He was a weapon in 2018 but has fallen off a cliff since. Trade bait afaic. Sheppard let Rohan off the leash - which is pretty unforgivable considering Rohan only plays about two good games each year - and that started the landslide. And Duggan, Jeezus if that wasn’t the worst game he’s ever played I’d be astonished.

Zac Langdon. Honestly we’ve seen enough now to know he ticks all the wrong boxes: can’t kick, slow af, short af, doesn’t hit the scoreboard. Please don’t pick this Kent again. Just pick an extra midfielder to chuck in the forward line if everyone else is injured. I’d rather have any of Trew, Ainsworth, Ahchee, Hutchings in the forward line instead of him. At least they can chop out in the middle.

Vardy. Yep, done. The only way Williams offers less is if he doesn’t have a heartbeat. Even then I wouldn’t be convinced.

As far as the positives are concerned, there really aren’t any. The only blokes who can hold their head up high after that are Darling, Allen, Brander, Witherden and Barrass.

Last edited:
Meh this was pencilled in before the match begun and we played like we knew it. Can’t say I expected less given how we handled the hub last year. As soon as announcements were made yesterday our players would have shat the bed, that combined with Geelongs shithole of a ground leads to what we got today. Still would have been nice to not lose by 97 f*cking points but I think the games we should continue to be pissed at are the Dogs and Saints games. 5-1 (with a below average %) if we win the games we were in control of. This is the only game out of our opening 6 that we haven’t been in control of.
Agree. I foolishly had my hopes up at quarter time, but to be realistic, this loss was so typical of our trips to Geelong. Try hard at start, get blown away in one bad quarter, dip our heads and then get buried.

The key here is not to throw the baby out with the bath water. The team needs a win next week, then to move on.

Injuries may derail our season, but the fortunate thing is that our draw opens up now. Need to scrape the wins while we wait for soldiers to return.

Haven’t read through the gameday thread but I agree with all of it

We lost that game in the second quarter and it started with our senior players. Gaff, Sheppard and Duggan were absolutely fn atrocious. FMD Gaff. What does he offer? Can’t tackle, slow as treacle and offers nothing offensively. He was a weapon in 2018 but has fallen off a cliff since. Trade bait afaic. Sheppard let Rohan off the leash - which is pretty unforgivable considering Rohan only plays about two good games each year - and that started the landslide. And Duggan, Jeezus if that wasn’t the worst game he’s ever played I’d be astonished.

Zac Langdon. Honestly we’ve seen enough now to know he ticks all the wrong boxes: can’t kick, slow af, short af, doesn’t hit the scoreboard. Please don’t pick this Kent again. Just pick an extra midfielder to chuck in the forward line if everyone else is injured. I’d rather have any of Trew, Ainsworth, Ahchee, Hutchings in the forward line instead of him. At least they can chop out in the middle.

Vardy. Yep, done. The only way Williams offers less is if he doesn’t have a heartbeat. Even then I wouldn’t be convinced.

As far as the positives are concerned, there really aren’t any. The only blokes who can hold their head up high after that are Darling, Allen, Brander and Barrass.

Sheppard started the rot by allowing Rohan too much space and I thought Simmo was too slow to switch Rotham onto him ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back