Review Round 2, 2021: Box Hill Hawks v Northern Blues, 24th April 2021, 2pm @ BHCO

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
How was Reeves around the ground? A mate of mine went to the game and thought he was fairly anonymously after winning the taps.

Hopefully he was able to move around the ground and impact contests.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Not able to go today or listen to much of the commentary but I did see a Hawk take a nice mark on my way past whilst stopped at the traffic lights :p

Good to get a big win. Sounds like Jeka had a blinder, might as well promote him to Hawthorn - what have we got to lose!

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Reeves was reasonable around the ground got himself involved in many contests. Jekka was great. Love how he hits a contest and protects the space in front. Enjoyed Greene’s game. Pepper was good first game back. Morris was only fair but was blocking for Jekka well. Not sure what happened to Brockman. Some said quad others said knee. Nash did some good things but not involved as much as you’d like. Great to see a win.

How was Reeves around the ground? A mate of mine went to the game and thought he was fairly anonymously after winning the taps.

Hopefully he was able to move around the ground and impact contests.
16 disposals, 5 inside 50’s.

Not able to go today or listen to much of the commentary but I did see a Hawk take a nice mark on my way past whilst stopped at the traffic lights :p

Good to get a big win. Sounds like Jeka had a blinder, might as well promote him to Hawthorn - what have we got to lose!
Clarko would never do it, a fwd who can hold a mark

The Cleaner

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice to offset last week’s percentage hit right away! With 22 teams in it, the 8 will come down to decimal points.

Also it’d seem Casey are a big contender this year. Torched the Tigers today.

Just saw that. Don't know what the f*ck he was on about and I'm about to tell him as such. That's a great game from Reeves. Especially like seeing 5 tackles.
Tell him if he can’t see the biggest bloke on the ground, he needs to get to spec savers. 🤣

Surely Jeka gets a crack now. There is no way at BH level that Lewis, TOB or Kosi would've been as consistent as he has been in the last month. Outstanding effort. Well done son.
It’s going to be pretty rough on him if Gunston walks straight back into the senior side after the month he’s put together.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s going to be pretty rough on him if Gunston walks straight back into the senior side after the month he’s put together.

I think Gunston naturally comes in for Timmy. If Koschitzke doesn't hit the scoreboard this week I think Jeka comes in. He's kicked 19 goals in 4 weeks and (I could be mistaken on this one) averages ~3 contested marks a game.

Dec 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
Saw Brockman walking around the boundary late in second quarter with his right boot and sock off but no ice on his leg.
At three quarter time huddle Bramble was there with glad wrap holding ice on his left hammy.
Also at three quarter time Reeves was on the ground flat on his back with the doc/trainer looking at his right knee. At the start of the last quarter he went to full forward for a while and kicked a goal. Then went back into the ruck. Looked OK.

Back