Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
Saw Brockman walking around the boundary late in second quarter with his right boot and sock off but no ice on his leg.
At three quarter time huddle Bramble was there with glad wrap holding ice on his left hammy.
Also at three quarter time Reeves was on the ground flat on his back with the doc/trainer looking at his right knee. At the start of the last quarter he went to full forward for a while and kicked a goal. Then went back into the ruck. Looked OK.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
And it's not working. Why play him there where it accentuates all of his weaknesses and none of his strengths.

I guess the coaches just disagree, I figure they like the IDEA of his ball use off there even if he *s it up a bit

he clearly abides the game plan and they think it's beneficial but yeah his best position does seem to be as a tagger

look he's not a long term solution and he isn't best 22 on a premiership team but I like the bloke and hope that he sticks around as depth

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
I guess the coaches just disagree, I figure they like the IDEA of his ball use off there even if he fu**s it up a bit

he clearly abides the game plan and they think it's beneficial but yeah his best position does seem to be as a tagger

look he's not a long term solution and he isn't best 22 on a premiership team but I like the bloke and hope that he sticks around as depth

In a year like this why are we spending time trying to develop Howe in a role he's not actually suited for? Especially when there are younger, potentially much better players that are more suited to the same role not playing.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
In a year like this why are we spending time trying to develop Howe in a role he's not actually suited for? Especially when there are younger, potentially much better players that are more suited to the same role not playing.

as I said I would guess its from a holistic game plan perspective, he's offering a body that understands the way the coaches want us to play while able to teach those that come in later from box Hill

I don't prescribe to the theory we just play him cos he has pics of clarko. there has to be a reason right? I figure that's probably it. Versatile player that knows the plan and can fix holes and help younger, better players acclimatise to the pro speed

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Already looking forward to next week and seeing gunners and jeka in for obrien and possibly kosi. I do feel for kosi coz he has been forced to be the main target and has only been with Lewis for 1 game but jeka has now kicked 19 goals in 4 games and simply has to be rewarded for his effort. Perhaps kosi can play a swing roll?.

P.s what a goal from jeka!!

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
as I said I would guess its from a holistic game plan perspective, he's offering a body that understands the way the coaches want us to play while able to teach those that come in later from box Hill

I don't prescribe to the theory we just play him cos he has pics of clarko. there has to be a reason right? I figure that's probably it. Versatile player that knows the plan and can fix holes and help younger, better players acclimatise to the pro speed
he's hard as a cats head and it's hard to drop a bloke like that who is committed to the cause. Even if he makes some inexplicable skill errors. He has great size Dan and is actually a neat kick. But i certainly agree with others that he's just slow both straight ahead and laterally and takes for ages to get it on his foot.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
he's hard as a cats head and it's hard to drop a bloke like that who is committed to the cause. Even if he makes some inexplicable skill errors. He has great size Dan and is actually a neat kick. But i certainly agree with others that he's just slow both straight ahead and laterally and takes for ages to get it on his foot.

yep that's why I said even if he isn't getting games in the ones I'd like him on our list as a 'trend setter' for lack of a better word

ROUND 6 TEAM
Hawthorn v Adelaide
Sunday 25th April, 12.30pm AEST

IN: James Cousins, Mitchell Lewis
OUT: Conor Nash, Daniel Howe

B: Harry Morrison, Kyle Hartigan, Changkuoth Jiath
HB: Blake Hardwick, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey
C: Oliver Hanrahan, Tom Mitchell, James Cousins
HF: Shaun Burgoyne, Jacob Koschitzke, Jaeger O'Meara
F: Chad Wingard, Mitch Lewis, Luke Breust
R: Ben McEvoy, Liam Shiels, James Worpel
INT: Jack Scrimshaw, Dylan Moore, Tom Phillips, Tim O'Brien

Emer: Connor Downie, Finn Maginness, Michael Hartley, Conor Nash

Last edited:

satan1

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will be good to see Cousins get a run. Hope Lewis makes an impact, has been disappointing so far. Was expecting a breakout year.

gianytee

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2010
camberwell
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While I doubt Kozi, Lewis or Jeka will be AA level. I love how all 3 were late picks who have killed it at VFL and demanded there spots in the seniors.

Key forwards are very hard to find and all 3 are worth persisting with. Half way through last year I thought we’d struggle to have a competent Key Forward with the crap Parton and TOB dish up. Just hope Clarko gives them time cause they all work hard and compete and please do not drop them for TOB after 1 game cause TOB tries but is not the answer. Hopefully one can ruck to give Big Boy a spell and not see Ceglar again.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting that we've brought Downie and Finn in as emergencies- would have thought both could have benefited from more gametime as opposed to a small chance of sliding into the snrs.
Overall unsurprising changes though

Good changes. Always have liked Cousins, plays well usually in the senior side. I know there's been a knock on his disposal this year but in the past his use of the pill in the senior side has been pretty good.

It will be interesting to see how Koschitzke responds with Jeka right behind him demanding a debut game with his good VFL form.
This would be a bad week to play a poor game as a tall forward at Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back