Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're Seb Ross you're sitting back with your feet up saying "how good is this, I don't even need to try to play good footy to stay in the team"
Dropping Bytel before Ross is a joke.
Its a joke
And weak and gutless by Ratten

He won't drop the senior players because he's scared he'll lose them. Instead of being the coach of the team, he's tried to be the friend of the team. Sometimes you need someone to lay down the law, which is something he clearly won't do.
Losing faith in him real quick, he is FOS
Ross Long Dmac & Lonie all in before him

Out: Bytel (Omitted)

Saints mods...

lJH9He.gif

See you all tomorrow when it's safe to come out

He won't drop the senior players because he's scared he'll lose them. Instead of being the coach of the team, he's tried to be the friend of the team. Sometimes you need someone to lay down the law, which is something he clearly won't do.
I agree Bytel should play but who else have we got knocking the door down in the twos? Hard to make mass changes when there's nothing in the seconds either.

Of all the players that deserved to be dropped for last week... they pick Bytel? And for Joyce instead of Highmore?

what is the logic? Must mean Carlisle stays forward (yuk), Battle back to the wing (yuk), Joyce to full back and Howard to centre half back. Still about 10 players you’d drop before Bytel surely.

edit: unless we plan to use Joyce as a forward/ruck? But surely not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team seems awfully tall. Too tall. Happy to see what Joyce can do with a couple more years development since we last saw him, but don’t see why we need all of him, Wilkie and Battle.

Obviously feel like we were way too slow and one-dimensional in the midfield last week, hence both Bytel and Dunstan getting the chop.

I agree Bytel should play but who else have we got knocking the door down in the twos? Hard to make mass changes when there's nothing in the seconds either.

I think it's more about playing the guys who have AFL potential to take us forward, not those who've had plenty of chances and aren't doing enough.
Based on the effort in 3 out of the 5 matches, we would've been prouder of our kids than the stench some of the senior players have brought.

If we win, we'll say masterstoke. If we lose, what's remaining of the faith will erode away.

Maybe Bytel needs a breather, maybe he didn't execute non-negotiables...

From the outside, it seems weird but we have Crouch and Steele on the inside maybe that's enough and we're looking for more spread.

A fair few who will be watched very closely for their response with a view to shipping them off if the response isn't optimal. We won't be getting rid of Bytel no matter what.

Nowhere to hide for the senior midfield.

I think it's more about playing the guys who have AFL potential to take us forward, not those who've had plenty of chances and aren't doing enough.
Based on the effort in 3 out of the 5 matches, we would've been prouder of our kids than the stench some of the senior players have brought.

If we win, we'll say masterstoke. If we lose, what's remaining of the faith will erode away.
I'll take a guy with effort and no skills over a guy with some skills but no effort every day of the week.

I don't mind adding another key defender in theory.

Both Dixon and Marshall are both over 198cm which is probably too big to be a good match up for Battle.

We have also looked a bit small up forward, so Battle can play forward which gives us 3 talls and Membrey which is what we play with last year.

Now whether Joyce is up to it is a debate or if this means Battle has to play wing, then I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back