Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be disappointing if Himmelberg has only been selected to fulfill a role we require for less than 10% of the match
Yeah I would prefer a makeshift second Ruck set up. With a guy like RoB who does 90% of Ruckwork, we should run with it. Works for Richmond.

I guess it also takes a decent defender to cover Hberg as well. His forward play is way ahead of Frampton. This also helps Fog and Tilthorpe.

Going forward (with Tex gone)we could see all of Fog, Tilthorpe and Hberg in the one team regularly.

Tilthorpe main forward
Berg Ruck/Forward
Fog Forward/mid

Then have someone like Cook on the wing/forward. A variation of what Lynch does.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

To be fair on the pressure front we've omitted our two worst pressure players in Lynch and Frampton so it should be even on that front.

But selecting Thilthorpe to effectively play Lynch's role is interesting
Gonna be a nice “connector” on the wing and up the guts from kickins.

Gonna be a nice “connector” on the wing and up the guts from kickins.
Hard task to replace the best connector the game has ever seen according to a selection of cherry picked stats with a low sample size

If we can lace out pass it inside 50 (tough ask, I know), I'm looking forward to either Fogarty or Thilthorpe on their fourth best defender

If we can't, Jiath will have an absolute field day
How bout if we just hold up delivery as per the opportunity and opponent. You know, like how we got our first win last year. We knew how to play them at last.

Hard task to replace the best connector the game has ever seen according to a selection of cherry picked stats with a low sample size
That the scribes that are Port oriented consistently boast are the career best performing.

Too tall. Hope McAdam is ready to pressure it up this week.
Ideally we should try the Berg at CHB....if we had given it a trial in the sanfl.

Too tall up forward, missing a tall down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the feeling (even though he's named at CHF) that Berg will be swung down back if we're being exposed for lack of height down there

Very glad Lynch and Frampton are out, Lynch as sub is fine IMO. Replacing those two with Thilthorpe and Himmelberg at least doesn't mean we lose any defensive pressure, our midfielders will just probably have to work extra hard as we'll be one wingman down

Way too tall sadly. What we got right in the first couple of rounds was pressure. We lose a massive amount with Berry. Also Hately is a tall mid that’s not quick. We have Fog as a tall mid that’s not quick.

The one thing I would say is that we are giving a first year kid a debut and I never expect much from any debutant. Great news though and I’m pretty pumped to see all three inclusions. Just don’t like the mix.

So all week it was total melts about selection.

Turns out Thilthorpe is debuting, Frampton was dropped, Himmelberg is in, Lynch was dropped, and we're debuting another player in Hately.

I'm sure that if we lose there will be more melts, regardless.

Well we already lost last week because of poor selection so shut up with this melts s**t.

I mean *, at least we aren't playing (as many) overtly injured players this week.

Get the feeling (even though he's named at CHF) that Berg will be swung down back if we're being exposed for lack of height down there

Very glad Lynch and Frampton are out, Lynch as sub is fine IMO. Replacing those two with Thilthorpe and Himmelberg at least doesn't mean we lose any defensive pressure, our midfielders will just probably have to work extra hard as we'll be one wingman down
Exactly.... if we line up something like this with Berg heading back & Hamill as 3rd wingman.... we look better balanced.

B: Brown, Butts, Kelly
HB: Smith, Himmelberg, Doedee
C: Seedsman, Keays, Sholl
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Murphy
F: Rowe, Walker, Thilthorpe
R: O'Brien, Schoenberg, Laird
I: McPherson, Hately, Hamill, McAdam

playing all of fog, tex, himm, and TT is going in ridiculously tall if they are all to play forward. unless fog is gonna play more midfield minutes and/or one of them is going to swing back into defence.

TT shouldve replaced frampton and hately in for lynch. with another mid in for berry (cupboards bare though)...

guess we’ll all see how it works tomorrow..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back