Dangerfield Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

No worries.
Interesting that since 2016, Dusty and Danger have played the same number of games(102) and stand #1 and 2 in broken tackles.
Dusty 206
Danger 103
Twice as many- he is brutishly strong, and we know how strong Danger is.
Yeah that's pretty damn good. Would be the most damaging skill to have as a mid.
And he kicks well, and he's vision is good too.
He's looking and moving bloody good for 30 too. I can't believe it.

Yep agree on the gf, dangers second half, he had the sooks and played for free kicks, first half was good, could have converted better, and dusty is head and shoulders a better player, that goal before half time was amazing and have the tigers hope.

But on this year, very premature on danger after 2 games, but is his best as a mid behind him, a lot of questions, as we have danger, Cameron, hawk and dalhous on good coin playing fwd, no good if the ball can't get there

Sorry, I forgot to add his garbage performance in the GF in 2020!
What excuse there?
Injured?
What that game highlighted was the gulf in class between Danger and Dusty.

Yeah that's pretty damn good. Would be the most damaging skill to have as a mid.
And he kicks well, and he's vision is good too.
He's looking and moving bloody good for 30 too. I can't believe it.
He rivals GAJ as the best mid to have ever played, imho. I did see Lethal, also a freak, but played a lot as a FP rover, and Diesel, and they would be top 4

He rivals GAJ as the best mid to have ever played, imho. I did see Lethal, also a freak, but played a lot as a FP rover, and Diesel, and they would be top 4
I liked Diesel the most. Couldn't tell what side he kicked on and time slowed down for him. And he did it so consistently it became boring.
As a kid that's who we practiced who to be.
But then again breaking tackles is also just so damaging.
Both players found ways to create time and space with different methods.

Also never saw Hayden Bunton snr or Ted Whitten but they seemed allright.
Saw both Whittens. Ted snr was more a utility.
Bobby Skilton was a beauty.

GAJ was sheer class and brilliance, and at his best, unreal

Diesel, right up there

Saw both Whittens. Ted snr was more a utility.
Bobby Skilton was a beauty.

GAJ was sheer class and brilliance, and at his best, unreal

Diesel, right up there
I'm not trying to take away from Dusty. Finals do matter the most.
But another side of the coin is Williams and GAJ week in and week out were outstanding. To the point you just expected it instead of appreciating it.
Yeah true, Skilton. Goggin was allright too from what I'm told.

I'm not trying to take away from Dusty. Finals do matter the most.
But another side of the coin is Williams and GAJ week in and week out were outstanding. To the point you just expected it instead of appreciating it.
Yeah true, Skilton. Goggin was allright too from what I'm told.
Goggin was my favourite player as a kid. Brilliant, with and without Polly.

Only 141 games ... Did not start playing till he was 24 ish ...was he better than Marshall when they were playing together?
who do you refer to here?
Billy played over 248 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was brilliant. Probably just shaded by "triple Brownlow medallist Bobby Skilton" as the best rover of that era.

Too long ago for me to call it one way or another ...just have the tail end of his career in my memory. Dennis Marshall was supposed to be very good but did not hang around.. but again..no real data or memory. Best in that era? I guesss one would have to look at a big group of players that I cant comment on.

Who would he have played against. Who was selected for Vic in those days

Too long ago for me to call it one way or another ...just have the tail end of his career in my memory. Dennis Marshall was supposed to be very good but did not hang around.. but again..no real data or memory. Best in that era? I guesss one would have to look at a big group of players that I cant comment on.

Who would he have played against. Who was selected for Vic in those days
Marshall was brilliant. Our best 7 were Farmer, Goggin, Marshall, Walker, Wade, Lord and Sharrock.
Skilton and Goggin were regular Vic selections.
Goggin played for Vic 14 x (22 goals)!

Last edited:
came here to say sh*t news on danger, but couldnt help but laugh at this one

Just last year we were missing Prestia, Nankervis for 3 months each with the same injury danger has. Plus missing Edwards and Houli for the majority of the year due to family reasons and us being in the hub. Thats not even mentioning Astbury doing his knee in round 3 and not coming back until the very end of the season, as well as Grimes missing a few with a hammy.

I can get into our f’ed injury list in 2019 if you like too?..... the "healthy tigers" thing is a myth
I don’t think it’s healthy tigers as a whole but the ability for your a grade players to stay playing is a great luxury
They went through Dustys games missed since he first played and it’s about 12 games and 2 of those are club imposed games.
Cotchin had 1 s**t year I think, Riewoldt and Grimes never get injured, Prestia gets injured every year and comes back and dominated round 21-23 and finals
You had a terrible run 10 years back, but you can’t say you haven’t had a good run the last 4 of so years

At the risk of going early and based on a tiny sample size of one game, last Saturday against the Eagles, moving forward what do people see Danger's role as?

People go crook at other players that are picked on weekly basis, but those lesser players seem happy to play their roles within the team structure, I think even Dahlhaus has been serviceable the last couple of weeks playing his role. We then have someone like Danger who just burns the ball far too often for my liking and puts the whole team under the pump with the turnover. Playing him mostly forward rarely seems to work these days and he may not really fit in there now if all of Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan stay on the park. As a forward he's pretty similar to Rohan except Rohan can kick straight.

Thoughts?

At the risk of going early and based on a tiny sample size of one game, last Saturday against the Eagles, moving forward what do people see Danger's role as?

People go crook at other players that are picked on weekly basis, but those lesser players seem happy to play their roles within the team structure, I think even Dahlhaus has been serviceable the last couple of weeks playing his role. We then have someone like Danger who just burns the ball far too often for my liking and puts the whole team under the pump with the turnover. Playing him mostly forward rarely seems to work these days and he may not really fit in there now if all of Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan stay on the park. As a forward he's pretty similar to Rohan except Rohan can kick straight.

Thoughts?
I think you're correct in that you're at risk of going early here

Thoughts?
Put him in the midfield and leave him there ffs. Hopefully he comes back with his groins in better shape, cause he’s looked cooked.

Thoughts?

So, you are saying Dangerfield does't fulfil a role, his possession is poor, his turnovers are detrimental to the team, and he's a lesser forward than Rohan.

s**t, why not just trade this dud while he's still worth something?

Last edited:
So, you are saying Dangerfield does't fulfil a role, his possession is poor, his turnovers are detrimental to the team, and he's a lesser forward than Rohan.

sh*t, why not just trade this dud while he's still worth something?

Are you saying his turnovers aren't detrimental to the team?

I assume he fulfils his role as he doesn't get dropped.

He's a ballistic footballer, I live how he plays, mostly, but we haven't won it in the 5 years we've had him and this year is just about our last shout. We need to win it, if we don't our recent recruitment policy will be a complete failure and a disaster.

He needs to be used smarter when he's back.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
I'm waiting to see another game, but I've had an opinion on PFD for a while similar to this but not having him in the forward line so much. I'd rather, if he had to have a main role, he stuck to stoppages and the in and under game. He is an absolute beast at winning a loose ball and moving it downfield.
A big drawback, I've noticed since he got to the Cats and it has lessened a little along with his output, was that he sucked all the oxygen out of whatever part of the field he was in. His star power/seniority/force of personality demanded the ball in situations where he probably shouldn't have gotten it. In the forward line, he would have to reign in his natural aggressiveness at the ball and play within whatever system the forwards use. If it's his turn to go, great, he's so good at pack busting attempts at marks. But he has to learn to leave the space for others more often.
I said in his first season or two, that the other guys need to be more assertive at demanding the ball. The other guys need to stand up and claim strong, responsible roles in the side. Don't be passives, be leaders in their own right. His current missed games should be giving them another chance at that. As I said above, I'm waiting for the next game or two to see how they respond to his absence.

I'm waiting to see another game, but I've had an opinion on PFD for a while similar to this but not having him in the forward line so much. I'd rather, if he had to have a main role, he stuck to stoppages and the in and under game. He is an absolute beast at winning a loose ball and moving it downfield.
A big drawback, I've noticed since he got to the Cats and it has lessened a little along with his output, was that he sucked all the oxygen out of whatever part of the field he was in. His star power/seniority/force of personality demanded the ball in situations where he probably shouldn't have gotten it. In the forward line, he would have to reign in his natural aggressiveness at the ball and play within whatever system the forwards use. If it's his turn to go, great, he's so good at pack busting attempts at marks. But he has to learn to leave the space for others more often.
I said in his first season or two, that the other guys need to be more assertive at demanding the ball. The other guys need to stand up and claim strong, responsible roles in the side. Don't be passives, be leaders in their own right. His current missed games should be giving them another chance at that. As I said above, I'm waiting for the next game or two to see how they respond to his absence.

Your description of how you see him being best used reads exactly like Judd at Carlton once his groins were shot and he lost that explosive, breakaway acceleration.

Your description of how you see him being best used reads exactly like Judd at Carlton once his groins were shot and he lost that explosive, breakaway acceleration.
Dangers main strengths are his acceleration and his contested ball.
If (and that’s a big if) his acceleration is gone then he still has a massive strength in winning the hard ball.
We have only seen him play 2 games this year. A better judgement will be after the season is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back