Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has played wing every game this year though šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Positional selections are irrelevant. Morrison and Phillips would be our 2 wings if we really had to nominate the positions.

Maybe I just don't watch the games closely enough but not once have I considered Howe to be our wing.

Someone might want to tell the club media manager that we dropped Howe too, and brought in Lewis.

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Really happy to see Cuz get another crack at it. Think he's been a bit stiff so far this year. Good to see Lewis straight back in also. Didn't realise that Howe was injured, hopefully it's not too bad.

I wonder who will be the medical sub out of Downie, Finn and Hartley? Also wondering whether they snuck Harts back into the lineup as a reaction to Crows naming both Tex and Thilthorpe?

Anyway, on paper I think the team looks reasonably balanced as named. Doesn't always convert well on to grass though! Here's hoping for a good game and hopefully a W.

Has he been disappointing?

Some signs of improvement for mine. Easily leading our contested marks per game and second in goals per game ā€“ albeit in a weak team. Hope he can find another level.
I guess I find it disappointing he's been suspended, played 2 games in which he had 1 standout quarter.

In 2019 I thought we had uncovered a star, I just want to see him get there.

I was bullish on Cuz through the preseason. He better play like my reputation is on the line!

The changes are sensible, if a bit conservative with Jeka showing his form actually, really, surely wasn't a fluke today at Box Hill and Brocky a little unfortunate, having kicked a goal in every game he's played and now injured.

Lots of BF Hawks get their wish with Howe and Nash out. I'm hoping our wings can make the switch work and make quicker decisions. Lewis to clunk them and Cuz to register a couple of score assists. Feeling good about this one.

From the Crows I'm actually a bit excited to see Thilthorpe after seeing a fair bit of his footage before the draft. Hope he shows some things but isn't TOO good.

Will be good to see Cousins get a run. Hope Lewis makes an impact, has been disappointing so far. Was expecting a breakout year.
He had 5 contested marks last time he played.

sheesh.

Positional selections are irrelevant. Morrison and Phillips would be our 2 wings if we really had to nominate the positions.

Maybe I just don't watch the games closely enough but not once have I considered Howe to be our wing.
Iā€™m not trying to stir s**t. He literally plays on the wing for us. We rotate Phillips through wing, hff and the centre square. Morrison mostly wing but occasionally hff or centre. Howe almost exclusively wing but occasionally in defence and ruck (last week only).

edit: not trying to suggest he is our best wing or that wing is his best position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad idea playing the 3 talls Kositchzke Lewis and Oā€™Brien. Canā€™t see that going well at all. We are poor at the selection table.

id suggest if the coaches thought that, heā€™d get a run there at box hill first, prove he can do it better than Howe, and get a go from there.

maybe we are just short of player who can play howes role. At least while he plays, we have one bloke who has a crack 100% of the time. If we had 22 blokes that go in as hard as Dan Howe, weā€™d be doing better than we are.

Why hate on Howe - he is what he is, heā€™s not best 22 in a good team, but he tries his guts out and is as hard as a cats head. Downie needs to win his spot and I think that can only be a good thing.
Exactly, heā€™s about the only hard nut in our soft side. Goes every time doesnā€™t step backwards ever.

Bad idea playing the 3 talls Kositchzke Lewis and Oā€™Brien. Canā€™t see that going well at all. We are poor at the selection table.
With no ceglar and no Howe (canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying that lol) we need at least one of the talls to be second ruck. Canā€™t have hartigan doing it.

is rain forecast?

This is exactly the mix I've been hoping to see play together. With no second ruck it makes it now possible. See how the dynamic works

When Gunston's available he then should slot in for TOB as 3rd tall. Jeka to get a run if or rather when Lewis or Kozi continue to underperform.

I was surprised Howe got up to play last week with the shoulder problem. Is it the same issue that has seen him left out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back