Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more about playing the guys who have AFL potential to take us forward, not those who've had plenty of chances and aren't doing enough.
Based on the effort in 3 out of the 5 matches, we would've been prouder of our kids than the stench some of the senior players have brought.

If we win, we'll say masterstoke. If we lose, what's remaining of the faith will erode away.
I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying there's not much in the twos either to warrant mass changes and we just can't gift a bunch of young blokes a game. Nobody really stands out in the VFL right now.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd say it looks like we're changing up roles/structures a bit. Less inside mids, extra tall defenders. I might've chosen Clav over Joyce in that case as I worry about his one on ones, and Clav just read the plays so well last week. But fingers crossed he kills it. And Highmore needs gametime, Long has been lost so far this season. Bytel could've still rotated through the middle with Steele and Crouch.

Oh well. Pray to your deity.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying there's not much in the twos either to warrant mass changes and we just can't gift a bunch of young blokes a game. Nobody really stands out in the VFL right now.
Can't keep gifting games to senior players either

Out of all that was bad last week its the 1 guy with potential and hope we punish

Out of all that was bad last week its the 1 guy with potential and hope we punish

Bringing in Jones and Marshall I think they expect to be competitive. We are at least believing that we are a chance.

Bringing in Jones and Marshall I think they expect to be competitive. We are at least believing that we are a chance.
Really don't care anymore, how Hill and Ross are allowed to get away with their weak efforts they have had most games this year is a joke

Ratts more worried about not upsetting senior players and being mates

Well that's the balancing act isn't it.

I agree Bytel should be playing and the only other two in the reserves right now in terms of youth that probably should play are Highmore & Byrnes, but we can't make mass changes just for the sake of playing youth if they don't deserve it.

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alotta knickers in twists tonight by the looks of it.
Just missing Ryder out of our full strength team just about (taking Paton out as he won't play this year)

More than 4.

Lonie had 10 and kicked 2 goals, people still trying to drop him.

I don’t imagine Jack will be as upset as some on here are, I hope he gets a big run at sandy and comes straight back in against hawthorn.
Sandy have played he doesn't get a run before Hawks game

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Really don't care anymore, how Hill and Ross are allowed to get away with their weak efforts they have had most games this year is a joke

Ratts more worried about not upsetting senior players and being mates
That's pretty emotive. I doubt Ratts cares too much about upsetting the seniors, certainly not Carlisle!

He knows Ross is capable of sacrificing his game to stop the oppo main man and will look for more of that tomorrow.

As for Brad Hill, you can't ask for a response then drop a player of his quality to the VFL, you know he is going to blitz it there but that's letting him off easy. Hill's reputation is on the line, he's one of the biggest footy villains right now that's being dissed throughout the comp, all based on his efforts. If he can't turn it on tomorrow then there's something deeply wrong with him. If he turns his form around and the rest of the team use him properly, he could be the difference between a win and a loss. We need to stop getting him to do kick ins and expect to see him at the bottom of packs and use his run.

Bytel will be back, he's long term for us. Joyce seems like a structural in, but haven't really seen how he's been used lately so no idea what the plan is. If it means he goes down back and Battle lines up next to Max and Tim with Marshall rucking and Carlisle second ruck, that could work.

Long is another player with plenty to prove and you would hope and expect he'll make oppo forwards earn every touch, but his challenge has always been balancing aggression and discipline, finding that line. He's young so there's still time. He's currently the best option we have.

Definitely not going into this as favourites, which suits us better. I'll give us a chance but expect it to get ugly if Port head us.

Browny2Carlisle

Premiership Player
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
More than 4.

Lonie had 10 and kicked 2 goals, people still trying to drop him.

I don’t imagine Jack will be as upset as some on here are, I hope he gets a big run at sandy and comes straight back in against hawthorn.
Yeah nah he's missed the game at sandy.
He also had the same clearances as Ross for alot less game time. Same disposals as hill.
He spent alot of the time in the forward pocket to let Dunstan stink it up in the middle.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah nah he's missed the game at sandy.
He also had the same clearances as Ross for alot less game time. Same disposals as hill.
He spent alot of the time in the forward pocket to let Dunstan stink it up in the middle.
Ross played the majority of the game on the wing, attending 4 centre bounces compared to Bytel's 19 - 3rd most behind Steele and Crouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back