Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Coff doesn’t look anything like a mid to me, just like Jake Lever isn’t a mid.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Reckon Joyce will surprise us with some form? A lot of clubs have that one player who comes in from deep in the reserves to cement a spot
He's always been very athletic, it's just whether he has learnt how to defend yet and has a better understand of the game.

His game on Jeremy Cameron in 2019 was the stuff of nightmares. Hopefully he has improved a lot since then.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's always been very athletic, it's just whether he has learnt how to defend yet and has a better understand of the game.

His game on Jeremy Cameron in 2019 was the stuff of nightmares. Hopefully he has improved a lot since then.

Someone will have to remind me of his playing style. All I remember was him getting a lesson on field. He's tall though.

Coff's more Ridley/Lever type for me.

Should be our main interceptor and take kick ins.
I reckon he's more athletic than those two. Don't think you could picture them in the midfield but I reckon you can with Coff.

Yeah maybe, I guess I remember Goddard as an elite intercepting defender more than a gun mid.
So do I but I also remember him rotating through the midfield at times. Feel like Coffield is a really similar player.

This is the Port v St.Kilda preview thread. Please take the Trac v Paddy debate somewhere else (preferably PM with whoever wants to discuss it with you)

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hill is out of form and has struggled to settle properly into the team. He has also publicly stated that he is struggling with the negative press and the limelight for the first time in his career. Dropping him to the 2s ‘to make a statement’ is going to bring even more negative press his way.

God knows what that would do to his morale and confidence and could stuff him up in the long term.

Ratten is clearly giving him a chance to turn this around in the 1s (he was great against WCE) and he has enough runs on the board in his AFL career to warrant it.

I don’t think Ratten is making decisions to try and stay mates with the senior players. Isn’t he out of contract end of next year? It’s unlikely to be renewed if we aren’t playing finals this year or next with the backing that he’s been given getting Hill, Howard, Crouch et al in.

I’m backing Ratten in and also backing Hill in to have a good game tomorrow night.

typical lets just sweep another mistake under the rug??
no. no more. saints owe
me a flag.

What would you like to do about it?
We are not owed a damn thing. We support, some of us put money behind our support, that’s our choice and that‘s the only thing we have control over.

But I’ll let you in on a little secret - rehashing decisions from the past is not going to make one damn difference to the present.

*sorry George no more from me.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon he's more athletic than those two. Don't think you could picture them in the midfield but I reckon you can with Coff.
He looked so confident reading the ball in the air last year - 4 intercept marks in his first big final - that I wouldn't want to take him away from that strength by playing him in the middle.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hill is out of form and has struggled to settle properly into the team. He has also publicly stated that he is struggling with the negative press and the limelight for the first time in his career. Dropping him to the 2s ‘to make a statement’ is going to bring even more negative press his way.

God knows what that would do to his morale and confidence and could stuff him up in the long term.

Ratten is clearly giving him a chance to turn this around in the 1s (he was great against WCE) and he has enough runs on the board in his AFL career to warrant it.

I don’t think Ratten is making decisions to try and stay mates with the senior players. Isn’t he out of contract end of next year? It’s unlikely to be renewed if we aren’t playing finals this year or next with the backing that he’s been given getting Hill, Howard, Crouch et al in.

I’m backing Ratten in and also backing Hill in to have a good game tomorrow night.
Ratts is playing the players we have available who will give us the best chance to win the game.

And our best chance to win is if Brad Hill is out there, running up and down that wing with his pin point kicks to King.

Lets hope we see that version of him tomorrow.

Big 0

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our whole season depends on Crouch and Jones imo. If those boys (and the mid group as a whole) can really start cracking in and making a name for themselves energy is gonna start filtering throughout the rest of the group. It all starts in the middle - look at the Dees and the Doggies. If Crouch and Jones in particular decide to push themselves to get to Steeley's level everything changes for us

He looked so confident reading the ball in the air last year - 4 intercept marks in his first big final - that I wouldn't want to take him away from that strength by playing him in the middle.
Yep as mentioned previously it wouldn't be for the whole game but at least for a few setups to see if he can bring something else. We are too one dimensional in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back