Preview Round 6: Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC DAY, Sunday 25/04/2021 @ 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're playing Phillips and Wright tomorrow, so unfortunately one of Jones and Waterman needed to go out. Club decided to leave Jones in, so Waterman ended up in the VFL.

With Hooker forward and one of those two, I'd prefer Waterman over Jones at this stage. Well actually, Jones hits up more than Waterman, so it makes sense. Personally, I'd prefer Waterman than Wright based off what I've seen up forward and on the ball.

We're playing Phillips and Wright tomorrow, so unfortunately one of Jones and Waterman needed to go out. Club decided to leave Jones in, so Waterman ended up in the VFL.
🤔so they didn't want to hurt anyone elses feelings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I hope we play well, play smart and give this game a red-hot go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but that can’t be a goal for the club. On matchday sure, but at selection?

We’re in a rebuild and have to embrace that. Bringing in Phillips for Wright would be mental. Phillips is injury cover and not part of our future. We need to use the chance we have to find out about Wright who, tbf, is three games into playing as a sole ruckman. He needs time.

We love what Draper brings but have to live in the real world - he’s played 10 games in three years. He’s missing a LOT of footy, first with an ACL and now this.

You have to prepare for this stuff. Wright may be our best hope for a long-term ruck.

I can get around bringing Bryan in if we think he’s ready and good prospect... but Phillips for Wright? Craziness.
A rebuild isn’t just about Peter Wright. Being competitive against Grundy brings Perkins, Cox and others into the game. Ball goes forward more, Jones gets better looks.

To complete a rebuild you have to learn to win and you do that by trying to win.

Who we looking at with pick 2?

Exactly.

Of course we'd love a win tomorrow... but it will delude us for another week that we are a semi-competent side. We're not.

2nd last is about where we are, in competition with Hawthorn (who have already beaten us this year).

2021 was always going to be a long year for us and most likely 2022.

Pick 2 would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back