The Month Ahead

How many wins in the next month of footy?

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Flip a coun honestly for the next fortnight. Can easily end up 4-4 or end up 6-2. Season defining two games IMO regarding our top four aspirations.

Win them both and we are on track to cement ourselves a top four spot. Lose both and its achievable like last year but will take a huge turnabout.

Flip a coun honestly for the next fortnight. Can easily end up 4-4 or end up 6-2. Season defining two games IMO regarding our top four aspirations.

Win them both and we are on track to cement ourselves a top four spot. Lose both and its achievable like last year but will take a huge turnabout.
I think we'll find it difficult to defend the scg but have you seen the outs for Sydney? They just got pumped by the Suns. I also don't think the saints will give up too much of a fight.

Richmond.... well yeah. Nah

I think we'll find it difficult to defend the scg but have you seen the outs for Sydney? They just got pumped by the Suns. I also don't think the saints will give up too much of a fight.

Richmond.... well yeah. Nah

I am backing dogs in to beat richmond, so we would be looking at giving richmond 3 losses in a row and sending them 3-5... Season would almost be over at that point for them. I doubt we would do them and put them in that spot, they would throw thr kitchen sink at us. If we won that game i would really be impressed given the importance for richmond of the game.

I am backing dogs in to beat richmond, so we would be looking at giving richmond 3 losses in a row and sending them 3-5... Season would almost be over at that point for them. I doubt we would do them and put them in that spot, they would throw thr kitchen sink at us. If we won that game i would really be impressed given the importance for richmond of the game.

I thought this post was a bit of an overreaction given if they were 3-5 they would have already played all the decent teams (Port, Melbourne, Dogs, Geelong) and then would get a big run of easy beats to build a streak against. Looking at their fixture though it is pretty damn tough this year right the way through for them.

I thought this post was a bit of an overreaction given if they were 3-5 they would have already played all the decent teams (Port, Melbourne, Dogs, Geelong) and then would get a big run of easy beats to build a streak against. Looking at their fixture though it is pretty damn tough this year right the way through for them.

Could say its exaggerative, but 3-5 is a very tough position to make the top four from. You would essentiallu need a near perfect run from that point onwards. How many more games could they afford to drop ?? 1-2 for top four??

Injuries, form would have to stand the season. And fair to say if you are 3-5 and lost to all the top sides that you arent quite up to the benchmark anymore.

But it is a team who has won 3 flags recent.. So a big call, but i would not back them for a flag if they went 3-5.

Any other side in the AFL you would call it goodnight for a flag, but most wont on richmond. I probably will go the gun on them personally, i dont think it will happen and more likely they beat us or scrape over against dogs

Sorry missed this post. Yeah agree I like the Dogs this weekend and a team like Richmond would very rarely lose 3 in a row. West coast was barely a test in retrospect and given the injuries to Sydney if we get up easily there we might find ourselves staring at the wallpaper.

Sorry missed this post. Yeah agree I like the Dogs this weekend and a team like Richmond would very rarely lose 3 in a row. West coast was barely a test in retrospect and given the injuries to Sydney if we get up easily there we might find ourselves staring at the wallpaper.

Dont think the game against sydney will be this walk in the park people keep saying. They will bring some pressure i feel and hwve some mature players who will put on a good show in the middle.

If richmond lose, for me it will be a test for us to see how we genuinely handle probably our first big test of the season, as the game will have a bit of heat to it and significance for both sides to win. Would put us 6-2 and primed for top four, would send them 3-5 and essentially stuffed. Big occasion against a side like richmond with their backs to the wall

Dont think the game against sydney will be this walk in the park people keep saying. They will bring some pressure i feel and hwve some mature players who will put on a good show in the middle.

If richmond lose, for me it will be a test for us to see how we genuinely handle probably our first big test of the season, as the game will have a bit of heat to it and significance for both sides to win. Would put us 6-2 and primed for top four, would send them 3-5 and essentially stuffed. Big occasion against a side like richmond with their backs to the wall
Sydney will be harder than West coast simply because we'll struggle to defend the scg. Very short distance for an inside 50 and big deep pockets so our players zoning off can't get to other contests. I think we'll still win but it'll be no where near the West coast capitulation

Sydney will be harder than West coast simply because we'll struggle to defend the scg.
Maybe - but Sydney seem to be the one team for us where home ground advantage gets flipped. Generally more confident beating them away than at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to follow this up with "the 6 weeks ahead"

5 games. 2 we are odds on favourite, 3 we will struggle.

Gold Coast ($1.06 favourites) and Collingwood not going great.

Bye

Annual post bye loss is at least scheduled against a good team away this year. Port at Adelaide oval. Tough.

Dogs at GMHBA. If this was Marvel I'd be backing the dogs. At KP I think we can slow them down and split the odds a bit. 50/50

Angry Brisbane at the gabba. Tough.

On current form we're looking at 2 from 5 in this patch coming up. Need something to change here.

On current form we're looking at 2 from 5 in this patch coming up. Need something to change here.
We will be favourites in at least three and probably four (Port being 50:50).

We really need to follow this up with "the 6 weeks ahead"

5 games. 2 we are odds on favourite, 3 we will struggle.

Gold Coast ($1.06 favourites) and Collingwood not going great.

Bye

Annual post bye loss is at least scheduled against a good team away this year. Port at Adelaide oval. Tough.

Dogs at GMHBA. If this was Marvel I'd be backing the dogs. At KP I think we can slow them down and split the odds a bit. 50/50

Angry Brisbane at the gabba. Tough.

Hopefully 3-2, so we are 9-5 and still in top 4 contention.

We will fix the Suns up this week,Collingwood the following week go down to Port post bye,scratch out a hard fought victory over the Dogs at home and out last the Lions at the GABBA with them backing up off a 5 day turnaround.
4-1.
I’d take that.

Back