Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a great interview. Has leadership written all over him with the way he speaks.
I agree, it was unusually insightful for that type of thing - the point that registered on me was his determination to make it as an inside mid

I agree, and I think his next level will partly be driven by the improvement in the team - with more I50s as a group, Stephenson will get more and more opportunities. A 40 goal season isn't out of the question

improvement in the team but also improvement in his fitness base and running.

his conversion is a bit off because he’s knackered and while his tackle and possession numbers are already up - they will creep up as he gets a bigger tank too

As long as he stays healthy he’s on a great trajectory

The fact that we now have LDU, Stephenson + Bonar from the 2017 draft is criminally underrated in the media at the moment - which I don't mind if I'm being honest.
I was speaking to a mate who is a mad saints man and he was talking about how he was really glad they got Coffield and Clark in the same draft and how important it will be for the club and I had to remind him that we now have 3 players in the top 11.
Everyone talks up Brayshaw + Cerra at the Dockers and rightly so but I think our three boys will really come on this year and we are going to start looking much better much quicker than people probably expect.
They also cover every line which is handy!

I agree, it was unusually insightful for that type of thing - the point that registered on me was his determination to make it as an inside mid

And that he didn't mention Collingwood.

He seemed a lot more comfortable in front of the camera knowing he wasn't going to be asked about Collingwood.

Yeah.

He came across so well.

Also, kudos to his folks going with that name AFTER the whole Moe thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dude could end up as the chris groom trade for andrew mcleod.

2 and 18. Ticking along nicely.

If you told me he was getting the numbers that he’s been getting when we are getting belted, I wouldn’t have believed you.

I was expecting 12 and 1.

Cannot wait to see how he goes after a couple more pre seasons in a winning side.

If you told me he was getting the numbers that he’s been getting when we are getting belted, I wouldn’t have believed you.

I was expecting 12 and 1.

Cannot wait to see how he goes after a couple more pre seasons in a winning side.
We all remember how much he blossomed as an 18 year old in an attacking Pies side. Imagine a 24-25 year old Stevo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back