Preview ANZAC Day Round 6, 2021 vs St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, went alright :p

It did...

Round: 11 Venue: Jiangwan Stadium Date: Sun, 2-Jun-2019 12:20 PM Attendance: 9412
Q1Q2Q3Q4
St Kilda3.4:225.8:387.10:529.15:69
Port Adelaide5.1:3112.3:7518.3:11122.7:139
Damage was entirely done in the middle quarters:
4.6:30
13.2:80

In the remaining quarters, the game was even, but for our superior accuracy:
3.4:22 - 2.5:17 (5.9:39)
5.1:31 - 4.4:28 (9.5:59)

Last edited:
People are freaking out over Marshall (Rowan) after what he did to us last year, but completely forget we had no Lycett. Westhoff had some horrible blunders as well but has been replaced by the higher class Allir, I hope he makes road cones out of King. All in all though just got to tackle harder in the centre, Zak Jones and Bradley Hill are completely lost when they can't play uncontested football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting really nervous, pumped and emotional for this game. The weather for a night game is looking spectacular. No wind to speak of. My first game back in my seats since 2019. Just get it done for me Port. I dont care if we win by a point.
I'll shed a tear for my Grandads when the Last Post haunts the Oval. I'm there already.

People are freaking out over Marshall (Rowan) after what he did to us last year, but completely forget we had no Lycett. Westhoff had some horrible blunders as well but has been replaced by the higher class Allir, I hope he makes road cones out of King. All in all though just got to tackle harder in the centre, Zak Jones and Bradley Hill are completely lost when they can't play uncontested football.
Well said. Also we had a terribly undersized defence that day. McKenzie was out, so Clurey and Jonas were only "talls". Burton didn't play. We were easy pickings for a few cheap early goals for Marshall and Ryder. Westhoff plugged the hole in 2nd half but did that clanger when we were clawing our way back into the game in the last quarter, that unfortunately was the beginning of the end of his career. Team looks better balanced this year.

Frederick in for Jones

Decision on Houston before the game, Rockliff on stand by

Hartlett to play
If Houston and Hartlett are truly fit, then the side we take in tomorrow will be good enough IMO. I’d have Mayes as sub though and give Drew another go at it in the middle.
I’m looking forward to watching Frederick play. His brother looks like he has been gifted games by Longmuir but is showing improvement. Manguru has typically impressed me at SANFL (although I thought there were times he looked like a headless chook against Norwood in rd1. No-one could question his running ability or dare and it’ll be interesting to see what that brings to our run and carry, which is an area that is at risk a bit without Duursma and Butters.

Tom Rockliff playing for the Magpies at the Bay tonight, looks like Houston will play.

Tredrea has to mark 45 out and wheel around to 50 and kick the goal.
Waiting for the day they get Johnny Butcher to kick the first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back