Andrew McGrath v Hugh McCluggage

Andrew McGrath v Hugh McCluggage

• Andrew McGrath

Votes: 80 32.7%
  • Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 165 67.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McGrath has been very solid all year for the Bombers. Dare say I will be right up to his ears in the B and F.
Right now it's between him, Saad and Ridley with Merrett closing quickly.

His second half shows exactly what he can do.

We've been calling for him to take the game on and use his speed to break the game open as a mid.
He'll be an elite mid if he consistently brings that into his game.

Yeah, I'm seeing some elite mid potential for sure. Needs to work on his composure, though sometimes I wonder if that's made to looks worse because Essendon often revert to this "over-handballing" gameplan and you've got a bunch of flatfooted blokes in congestion, which doesn't give him many decent outlets to dispose to. Idk lol. He's a gun though, for sure.

Yeah, I'm seeing some elite mid potential for sure. Needs to work on his composure, though sometimes I wonder if that's made to looks worse because Essendon often revert to this "over-handballing" gameplan and you've got a bunch of flatfooted blokes in congestion, which doesn't give him many decent outlets to dispose to. Idk lol. He's a gun though, for sure.

Imagine him in a team that knew how to block at stoppages.

McGrath might not even be the best player picked by Essendon in this draft. Ridley looks pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost the same amount of possessions on the weekend, McCluggage close to if not best on. Can't say I really noticed McGrath at all
I thought McGrath was pretty good. One of the few bombers I thought was working hard all game with lot of contested possessions and tackles. McCluggage was cleaner and little more damaging but I wouldnt downgrade McGrath at all on that effort

McCluggage is clearly the better player, but McGrath is a good player too.

Say what?

By what measure?

I don't particularly mind if people think McCluggage is better, but this? Clearly better?

Horseshit.

McGrath gets more of the ball, clears it more, tackles more.. but McCluggage is clearly better. Rose tinted horseshit. McGrath plays for a s**t side - that's the only measure being counted here.

Clearly better... * me.

Say what?

By what measure?

I don't particularly mind if people think McCluggage is better, but this? Clearly better?

Horseshit.

McGrath gets more of the ball, clears it more, tackles more.. but McCluggage is clearly better. Rose tinted horseshit. McGrath plays for a sh*t side - that's the only measure being counted here.

Clearly better... fu** me.

Imagine overreacting this much over an opinion on Big Footy. 🤦‍♂️

McCluggage has more Brownlow votes, stood out when we were both average and a top team and is a two time AA squad member and is probably leading our BnF right now.

McGrath is a very good player, but Hugh is a better player. So sorry if you don't agree :'(

McCluggage has more Brownlow votes, stood out when we were both average and a top team and is a two time AA squad member and is probably leading our BnF right now.

McGrath is a very good player, but Hugh is a better player. So sorry if you don't agree :'(

Yeah Hugh is much more damaging and clearly the better player. Bombers made a boo boo not taking him with pick 1

I'm consistently amused at this sort of response.

Say something ridiculous, and then act like OTHER people are the ones overreacting because they point out how ridiculous what you've said is.

Michael Voss isn't half the player James Hird is.

Reckon a few people might react incredulously if I said some stupid s**t like that.

McCluggage CLEARLY the better player, and I say, absolute, complete horseshit.

He is NOT clearly the better player. In fact, he's possibly (maybe even probably) not even the better of the two.

Even your attempt to justify it afterwards is absurd.

He has more Brownlow votes. So? In 2020 despite McCluggage playing for a top 4 side and McGrath playing for our s**t-truck of a team out-polled him.

And as for standing out, how obtuse are you?

McGrath wins the Rising Star in his debut year, because he stands out. He features every year he's eligible in the 22 Under 22, because he stands out. Named captain of that side, because he stands out.

He's in the leadership group and a near certainty to captain the club - because he stands out.

I'm consistently amused at this sort of response.

Say something ridiculous, and then act like OTHER people are the ones overreacting because they point out how ridiculous what you've said is.

Michael Voss isn't half the player James Hird is.

Reckon a few people might react incredulously if I said some stupid sh*t like that.

McCluggage CLEARLY the better player, and I say, absolute, complete horseshit.

He is NOT clearly the better player. In fact, he's possibly (maybe even probably) not even the better of the two.

Even your attempt to justify it afterwards is absurd.

He has more Brownlow votes. So? In 2020 despite McCluggage playing for a top 4 side and McGrath playing for our sh*t-truck of a team out-polled him.

And as for standing out, how obtuse are you?

McGrath wins the Rising Star in his debut year, because he stands out. He features every year he's eligible in the 22 Under 22, because he stands out. Named captain of that side, because he stands out.

He's in the leadership group and a near certainty to captain the club - because he stands out.

LOL this is hilarious. I hope you're okay.

Hugh McCluggage was awesome against the Blues yesterday, IMO in the not too distant future McCluggage will be one of the elite mids in the competition.

He is silky smooth, reminds me a lot of Simon Black and Scott Pendlebury the way he seems to make time go slower with ball in hand, never panics.

Hugh McCluggage was awesome against the Blues yesterday, IMO in the not too distant future McCluggage will be one of the elite mids in the competition.

He is silky smooth, reminds me a lot of Simon Black and Scott Pendlebury the way he seems to make time go slower with ball in hand, never panics.

Will be top ten in the Brownlow this year if the umpires are paying attention.

Back