Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch them thrash Norf next week and puff their chest out even further
Should we all get on the North bandwagon next week - would love for that to be there breakthrough win

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Dees supporters in the main board are a goldmine at the moment , imagine after multiple spoons and high draft picks you think to tell a Geelong supporter that you need to find talent in the draft

Without reading the specifics ... its sounds a fair enough comment. Don't we. all need to find talent in the draft. My question is to any Melb supporter .. is have you finally found a way to develop what you have found and use the picks you have been gifted. Melb have been drafting and finding for a long time...yet have been ordinary at development. They may almost be the wasteful club for the picks they have had.

Id not begrudge them or the Dogs a GF day. Both supporter groups have not been drowned in success.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Without reading the specifics ... its sounds a fair enough comment. Don't we. all need to find talent in the draft. My question is to any Melb supporter .. is have you finally found a way to develop what you have found and use the picks you have been gifted. Melb have been drafting and finding for a long time...yet have been ordinary at development. They may almost be the wasteful club for the picks they have had.

Id not begrudge them or the Dogs a GF day. Both supporter groups have not been drowned in success.
That’s my point they are hardly in a position that telling other clubs anything let alone things related to the draft

Ditto Saints fans. They've been close a few times in the last 25 years (1997, 2009 and 2010) after years in the wilderness. Would be nice for them to have some success to celebrate.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Ditto Saints fans. They've been close a few times in the last 25 years (1997, 2009 and 2010) after years in the wilderness. Would be nice for them to have some success to celebrate.

At least they have had a few chances but yes ..sure. Its in the nature of every supporter to be selfish. As long as its not us they are playing I wish them all the best. I am sure that feeling would change after a win or two. Perhaps I just see it thru the eyes of my father who barracked for melb..been a long time since 64

Can't wait for Rd23 and finals. Implosions abound I see for thee.
Just wait till the Melbourne supporters realise that the game is at KP and the bursting bandwagon fans won't be able to get in to watch.
It will be like when Richmond played here in 2017 will be calls in the weeks leading up to the game for it to be moved

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Dees supporters in the main board are a goldmine at the moment , imagine after multiple spoons and high draft picks you think to tell a Geelong supporter that you need to find talent in the draft

Well hopefully we don't need 3 decades to find talent at the pointy end of the draft like they did

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wait till the Melbourne supporters realise that the game is at KP and the bursting bandwagon fans won't be able to get in to watch.
It will be like when Richmond played here in 2017 will be calls in the weeks leading up to the game for it to be moved

But it will then be just like that Richmond situation where they were deemed "too big" to play any more KP games... so yet another interstater gets slotted into a Geelong game while the Melbourne teams get a free pass?

If Carlton can make the trip down the highway, so can a few others. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bombers down at the Cattery again - they've dodged it for 20+ years despite being mediocre for most of those.

But it will then be just like that Richmond situation where they were deemed "too big" to play any more KP games... so yet another interstater gets slotted into a Geelong game while the Melbourne teams get a free pass?

If Carlton can make the trip down the highway, so can a few others. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bombers down at the Cattery again - they've dodged it for 20+ years despite being mediocre for most of those.

We play the Bombers at GMHBA in Round 16 this year.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong

Bombers are back this year

That’s my point they are hardly in a position that telling other clubs anything let alone things related to the draft
I'm married with kids and mortgage and they've been trash for nearly my whole living memory. Let them celebrate a bit. I think we'll get over them when it counts

Bombers play down here this year, don't they?

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Bombers play down here this year, don't they?

Hallelujah! Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Still, it feels you've to stink for a decade plus to be "condemned" to an away game down here - first sign of showing any sign of drawing a decent crowd, you're snatched away to safety*.

* Doesn't apply to Collingwood, who has eternal immunity from playing the Cats anywhere but their home environment (mass pandemics notwithstanding).

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Should we all get on the North bandwagon next week - would love for that to be there breakthrough win

No - the more ive watched that hit on Dangerfield - they can go to bugggery for all i care

Let the Demons Bandwagon roll on for another week - Its a high flying flag - its the Red and the Blue and all the rest of it

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
I wouldn't.
broken-wagon-victor-montgomery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back