Preview Round 7, 2021: North Melbourne vs Melbourne @ Blundstone | Sunday, May 2 @ 1:10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Melbourne players will be forced into 14 days of home isolation and tested for COVID-19 under Victorian government protocols when they return from Perth on Sunday morning.

But the players will be given exemptions to train and play within that two-week period and next weekend’s clash in Tasmania against the undefeated Demons will go ahead as scheduled.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out: Turner, Campbell, Tyson
In: Xerri, Garner, Lazarro

B: Bonar - McKay - Ziebell
HB:Young - Walker - Menadue
C: Powell - LDU - Stephenson
HF: Atley - Larkey - Taylor
F: Garner - Xerri - Thomas
R:Goldy - Cunners - Simpkin
I/C: Atu Phillip Mahony Zurhaar
Sub: Lazarro

Dumont, Corr and Polec back soon surely.

Last edited:

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Out: Turner, Campbell, Tyson
In: Xerri, Garner, Lazarro

B: Bonar - McKay - Ziebell
HB:Young - Walker - Menadue
C: Powell - LDU - Stephenson
HF: Atley - Larkey - Taylor
F: Garner - Xerri - Thomas
R:Goldy - Cunners - Simpkin
I/C: Atu Phillip Mahony Hayden
Sub: Lazarro

Dumont, Corr and Polec back soon surely.
You've brought hayden in aswell even though he was injured and not in the ins? Unless you're dropping zurhaar for him

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Funny everyone calling for Xerri.

Campbell dominates at VFL level, won the B&F, Xerri hasn’t really done much of note yet in the VFL let alone seniors, why does everyone automatically assume he will be an improvement?

He has had games where he has racked up the hit-outs, had high teens possessions, and kicked multiple goals. Is he better than Campbell right now? Probably not but perhaps his strengths are more compatible with what we are trying to do and he is on a very different trajectory than Campbell. My read is they opted for Campbell because they were trying to get Goldy forward more. Xerri probably means Goldy forward less and Xerri has to lead up hard, clunk some marks, and kick a few goals.

Close to a 50/50 decision.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Funny everyone calling for Xerri.

Campbell dominates at VFL level, won the B&F, Xerri hasn’t really done much of note yet in the VFL let alone seniors, why does everyone automatically assume he will be an improvement?
It's an interesting question. For me having watched quite a bit of him I feel his fwd craft is better then campbell, his movement patterns and ability to take a contested mark included. They're both good tacklers tbf so that's even. In saying that campbell is getting Better each week and I think xerri being ruck all day in vfl is actually very good for his development also as we need a backup for when goldy retires

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
It's an interesting question. For me having watched quite a bit of him I feel his fwd craft is better then campbell, his movement patterns and ability to take a contested mark included. They're both good tacklers tbf so that's even. In saying that campbell is getting Better each week and I think xerri being ruck all day in vfl is actually very good for his development also as we need a backup for when goldy retires

I also wonder whether Noble has opted for Campbells bigger body in the team to do some of the heavy lifting and to support the kids. He is a big unit.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surely we can’t go into quarantine and travel to Tasmania...
The Tasmanian Government will tell North no game down here just another nail in the coffin regarding playing games down there.
With the Draft Cheat Supporters up and about we might actually get a crowd of 20K + with them outnumbering us maybe 3 to 1 in the crowd which wouldn't be hard.
But when it's announced of a venue change despite what that piece of s@it Jon Ralph( Another North Hater ) is saying or the AFL as well the game will be moved which gives the Real North supporters another game to attend in Victoria which I'll be there whether the Fair whether supporters turn up well who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back