Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I didn't read the whole conversation before replying. Also, you don't need to keep putting the inverted commas around God's pronouns -- is it that grating to speak of His personal existence, even hypothetically? :grinv1:

Is 'God' a 'He', a 'She' or an 'It'. No one knows for certain.

disillusioned and distracted followers are still sinners
They were predominantly leaders of the church/faith. Continue to bury your head in the sand over past atrocities all for your selfish little place in heaven.

Christians on this little old thread accuse others of being bashed on here, but ignore their horrendous history of forcing people to not believe anything else.

And you know what, no matter how much you get out of meditation etc. you too are going to die. We all are, and whatever hell you and I and all people are experiencing in this life will end. But what next?
Nothing.

What do you think you came from?

Why do you think where you’re going to when your life is over would be any different?

There’s existence, and there’s nothing.

Let’s not overcomplicate how we live our lives with pie-in-the-sky wish lists.

Nothing.

What do you think you came from?

Why do you think where you’re going to when your life is over would be any different?

There’s existence, and there’s nothing.

Let’s not overcomplicate how we live our lives with pie-in-the-sky wish lists.
There is more to it than that black and white description.
Sorry that your life experience closes the door on spirituality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn't be alive without Christian prayers? Holy sh*t indeed.
not the point
there is still hope for you all
btw, don't shoot the messenger- was only replying to the question of prayer

not the point
there is still hope for you all
btw, don't shoot the messenger- was only replying to the question of prayer

So there is no hope for 5.5 billion people without your types? LOL

and you call us arrogant or ignorant?

and what messenger? i basically know no christian who thinks like you do. NONE.

So there is no hope for 5.5 billion people without your types? LOL

and you call us arrogant or ignorant?
you could look at it differently
you could thank us for caring, while you continue with your lives

Oddly, many Christians ignore their own teaching on this issue--prayer alone is insufficient. You have to do something: James 2:14-26.

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? .... For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Oddly, many Christians ignore their own teaching on this issue--prayer alone is insufficient. You have to do something: James 2:14-26.
Agreed.
As Desmond Tutu said, I have never seen pizza fall out of the sky. If you see starvation, you should do more than pray- actually provide food for those you see starving.

Agreed.
As Desmond Tutu said, I have never seen pizza fall out of the sky. If you see starvation, you should do more than pray- actually provide food for those you see starving.

That was the point i was making, why pray? action counts much more. Jesus said it multiple times in Matthew, feed the poor and THEN come follow me. Christians ignore that verse and run with Paul.

That was the point i was making, why pray? action counts much more. Jesus said it multiple times in Matthew, feed the poor and THEN come follow me. Christians ignore that verse and run with Paul.
Prayer is how we communicate with God. Constant dialogue with Him in as many circumstances in life as possible. You may find it eerie, but it has become more important over the years.
Committing my day to God every morning is important, and when i don't get that chance, I try and do it later.
In every situation, dealing with staff at work, with clients, with those that serve anywhere, any contact I have, yes, BF people too, I TRY and prayerfully answer. Does it always work, No.
But sometimes the emotion of negative posts gets you down, but so be it.

Can you imagine having a relationship and never communicating? Not going to last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back