Scrimshaw Mitchell Phillips

Morrison Lewis Wingard

Gunston Kosi Breust

McEvoy O’Meara Cousins

Int - Shiels Moore Worpel Jeka

In - Gunston, Jeka

Out - Burgoyne, Ollie, Finn

Sub - Ollie

Morrison, Moore and Hanrahan were all quite, but I can’t see them being omitted. Cousins did more than enough to stay in the team for another week.

IN: Gunston

OUT: Burgoyne

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, O’Brien

HB: Jiath, Frost, Impey

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Gunston, Lewis, Wingard

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Hanrahan

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Cousins, Scrimshaw, Moore

Disappointing for Burgoyne. He was set to play his 400th in his birthplace Darwin.
We want it at the G against the bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited to see Jeka but if Gunston plays he's no chance. Potentially no chance even if Gunners doesn't come in.

We just aren't going to pick Koz, Lewis, Gunna and Jeka.

Would be happy for TOB to stick with the Sic 3rd tall/floater role though. Impacts in the air even if he doesn't mark and is a long, accurate kick.

We have, in a very short space of time, gone from having a dearth of key position forwards to having a glut of key position forwards. I can’t see how we are going to fit them all in. I’m glad I’m not selecting the team this week.

Well assuming they all become quality consistent players that's an issue but of course how many sides have that luxury!!

But it would be a great problem to have.

Kozi/DGB back and Jeka and Lewis forward? Or Jeka/Kozi with Lewis as 2nd ruck.

Either way, we still need a KPD or 2 even if we get the tall forwards humming.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
We have, in a very short space of time, gone from having a dearth of key position forwards to having a glut of key position forwards. I can’t see how we are going to fit them all in. I’m glad I’m not selecting the team this week.
There was no ‘dearth’, they were all there, they just need to be given game time.

Dec 23, 2008
behind enemy lines
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well assuming they all become quality consistent players that's an issue but of course how many sides have that luxury!!

But it would be a great problem to have.

Kozi/DGB back and Jeka and Lewis forward? Or Jeka/Kozi with Lewis as 2nd ruck.

Either way, we still need a KPD or 2 even if we get the tall forwards humming.
I’m only looking towards next week. None of TOB, Lewis or Kosi, will make way for Gunston and then you have Jeka. Assuming Jeka debuts and TOB moves back, at any given time we could have all of Gunston, Kosi, Lewis and Jeka rotating through there. I suspect Jeka might come in as the medical sub.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
In : Gunston jeka
Out: Burgoyne Hartigan
O’Brien CHB frost FB.

If Jeka is in Lewis would be first out on performance of our KPF's. He gives no better than TOB and in the ruck he's horrid and if we stuck him down back Tilthorpe would have kicked 12 as he wouldn't keep up with him he's too slow.

However I haven't seen Jeka play much and most have him in the Kosi style which is the Gunston style, we still need a real tall to take the opposition extra's to gravitate towards them and he does do that, although no better than TOB.

Hartigan definitely has his role KPB to the likes of Hawkins et al, but a fast leading talls he definitely has his limitations. But I'm enjoying him a stop gap cheap shot old school defender.

Our problem today was Scrimshaw some previously had seen him as a future CHB for his intercept marking today once again showed he is absolutely hopeless as a KPD one on one. There is a difference between a intercept marker and a KPD for a start you ain't playing on the guy. N.B: This is not bad for Scrimshaws career overall he shouldn't be a KPD I'd argue he's more likely to be a winger one day day than a KPD and he's fine as a HBF.

Sicily for example is one of the few and what 2 or three inches shorter than Scrim who can actually play KPD one on one.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Saints have a relatively tall forward line with King, Membrey, Battle and Marshall resting forward.

Think we’ll need Frost, Hartigan and O’Brien down back as the Saints mids are a good chance to get on top of us after a huge second half effort and a 6 day turn around.

Burgoyne almost a definite out, and I think Gunston will come in for him.

Moore (7 Disposals), Morrison (12 Disposals) would be the players closest to losing their spots if we had midfielders knocking the door down.

Hope the only change is Burgoyne > Gunston.
Maginness/Downie to go and dominate at Box Hill and Dylan Moore the sub.
Jeka very unlucky, but not sure you can drop Lewis/Kosi after today’s effort.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Outs: Burgoyne, Moore (rested)
Ins: Jeka, Maginness (from sub)

B: O'Brien Hartigan Jiath
HB: Impey Frost Hardwick
C: Phillips Sheils Morrison
HF: Jeka Lewis Hanrahan
F: Breust Koschitzke Wingard
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O'Meara
Int: Scrimshaw Worpel Maginness Cousins

Gunston instead of Jeka if he's ready. Brockman injured early at BH so may not be available. Give Moore a well earned rest then get him back in.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In: Jeka, Gunston
Out: Burgoyne, Shiels (to sub), Finn/Hanrahan

Wingard gets more time in the middle, Shiels' gets a little kick up the ass that I think he might need at the minute. As much as I'd love Finn to stay I think he's still a ways off the pace at the minute and just didn't seem confident out there today. TOB moves down back to take over Burgoynes role and Gunston plays more of a HFF role.
Worth noting Jeka is very good below his knees too.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

but not quite the selection headaches the demons have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back