Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Sorry to hear what you're going through Val, hopefully things become easier soon too.

You're a ripping fella, so no doubt you'll be smashing it soon.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry to hear what you're going through Val, hopefully things become easier soon too.

You're a ripping fella, so no doubt you'll be smashing it soon.

Thanks mate. I’m out the other side of it now. I’ve been through benzo withdrawal before but this time was really bad. Unfortunately so far they’re the only thing that work for me. I’m getting a referral for a new psychiatrist on the 15th. I have completely lost trust in my old one. I also have a psychologist who I was starting to do EMDR therapy with before covid restrictions put an end to that, it only works face to face.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks mate. I’m out the other side of it now. I’ve been through benzo withdrawal before but this time was really bad. Unfortunately so far they’re the only thing that work for me. I’m getting a referral for a new psychiatrist on the 15th. I have completely lost trust in my old one. I also have a psychologist who I was starting to do EMDR therapy with before covid restrictions put an end to that, it only works face to face.

Good to see you getting on with it Val and posting about it. Not easy to do. We all enjoy your footy posts and hope to see you posting on footy matters more and not so much here 🙂

Glad you have Mrs. Val

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve been through benzo withdrawal before but this time was really bad.

Can be deadly mate. My alcohol withdrawal sucked big time (the visual hallucinations the worst) but I know a mate with benzo withdrawal (Diazapam) and nearly died due to a seizure.................

Take it easy and seek as much help as you can. Sounds like you're doing much better

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can be deadly mate. My alcohol withdrawal sucked big time but I know a mate with benzo withdrawal (Diazapam) and nearly died..................

Take it easy and seek as much help as you can.

Yeah I know the risk. Like I wrote, it was one of, if not the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Can't imagine what thats like Val.

If I miss even a day of my sertraline I feel like absolute crap, electric brain shocks, light headedness, lack of coordination etc.

Can't imagine something like that dialed up to 11.

Honestly your psych would want to be very careful, pulling someone off a drug like that is just as dangerous as overprescribing.

In fact in my nursing handbook it specifically states that withdrawal from benzos should occur over a 4-6 week period minimum, and sudden withdrawal can cause rebound phenomena. She's negligent.

Last edited:
Just checking in to see if everyone is doing ok and if not, I’m happy for a pm and a chat.
Christine Holgate wouldn't mind a chat with the PM either 🙃 That is of course, once she crawls out from under the bus she was thrown under.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So howdy and hi,
Not sure where to start, what's the middle and what the end looks like. Firstly though sorry as I'm no support in this thread whatsoever to you peeps doing it tough. i hope you're all ok.

Well I'm not sure how many times a man can be kicked, beaten and get back up again. Rhetorical question of course. I have been through the mill, the wringer if you like. The last couple of years have been savage truth be told.

I would like to thank a poster that pm'd me after reading between the lines in one of my posts, that's the humanity and care that the world should be striving for. I thank you :)

So I thought I'd lost everything but haha i was very wrong. I've been done for sexual harassment in the workplace happened in *2019 apparently. There's a long list of charges, well Equity and Diversity state they're only allegations but of course they can lead to your termination. So I've been running with "charges" .

* in 2019 i was fighting hard to save my 26 year marriage. We didn't separate officially until feb 2020.

Unwanted conversations, sexual gesture, using my position of authority to influence, taking work from the said or sad individual after she "knocked me back". Always asking her for coffee which is true just she forgot to mention the other six ******* males I'd also have asked. Asking her for drinks, the campaigner don't drink and is a ******* Christian and yes I'm being judgemental right now.

Stated she tried to have me leave her alone in Aug- Sept of 2019, also stated I took her into the "gardens and propositioned her. This s all ok cause I've now learnt you can say whatever you ******* like and it doesn't matter a man is guilty and must prove his innocence. Well the silly campaigner must have forgotten th text messages she sent me...

She tried to have me leave her alone during this period apparently...
1619341820603.png
1619341899715.png
1619342151815.png

Yeah I was sad I'd suggest my then wife had paid out on me for something . I couldn't work out the "solitude" comment until I checked my calendar I was in Geelong at the time. That is the exact date this campaigner has picked as when I took her into the gardens at Burwood and hit her up.

The sexual gesture was in Jan of 2020, I was at home recovering from my stress related stroke!! As an fyi my body is now aching and my right eye is again twitching, which was the lead up last time.

Imagine having to ring your ex wife and tell her you've had to put on hold buying her out cause you're facing serious sexual harassment charges that are ******* made up and if I didn't have this old phone in a drawer I'd be ****ed as ****ed can be.

I'm so devastated currently. I've never do that s**t and have always promoted women in the workplace as equal, well guess what men it's no longer an equal playing field. If it's the 1800's we're picking cotton for the white folk.

And for the very first time I can now see why my brother took his own life as it can get so overwhelming. Not saying I'm there but I now understand it. And for those that frequent the game day thread and hurl abuse, I wish that was my biggest issue in life, us losing I mean. I'd swap with you as long as I can keep my charasma , good looks and awesome physique. Just sayin :)

Anyways men, we've a serious problem

Bless you all and the good women folk that post on here of course 😊

They have kindly offered to pay for a councillor as we work through this s**t, I said ******* brilliant is that campaigner going to pay my mortgage?? Anyway I found my own space to try and park those pesky demons that can rattle around in your head. This is a beautiful song, share it with those you love please. Bring 'em in close and listen carefully y'all! And turn it right up FFS!! Oh this song found me fwiw.

Telling people you love them is so underrated in my book

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So howdy and hi,
Not sure where to start, what's the middle and what the end looks like. Firstly though sorry as I'm no support in this thread whatsoever to you peeps doing it tough. i hope you're all ok.

Well I'm not sure how many times a man can be kicked, beaten and get back up again. Rhetorical question of course. I have been through the mill, the wringer if you like. The last couple of years have been savage truth be told.

I would like to thank a poster that pm'd me after reading between the lines in one of my posts, that's the humanity and care that the world should be striving for. I thank you :)

So I thought I'd lost everything but haha i was very wrong. I've been done for sexual harassment in the workplace happened in *2019 apparently. There's a long list of charges, well Equity and Diversity state they're only allegations but of course they can lead to your termination. So I've been running with "charges" .

* in 2019 i was fighting hard to save my 26 year marriage. We didn't separate officially until feb 2020.

Unwanted conversations, sexual gesture, using my position of authority to influence, taking work from the said or sad individual after she "knocked me back". Always asking her for coffee which is true just she forgot to mention the other six ******* males I'd also have asked. Asking her for drinks, the campaigner don't drink and is a ******* Christian and yes I'm being judgemental right now.

Stated she tried to have me leave her alone in Aug- Sept of 2019, also stated I took her into the "gardens and propositioned her. This s all ok cause I've now learnt you can say whatever you ******* like and it doesn't matter a man is guilty and must prove his innocence. Well the silly campaigner must have forgotten th text messages she sent me...

View attachment 1111567View attachment 1111569View attachment 1111575

Yeah I was sad I'd suggest my then wife had paid out on me for something . I couldn't work out the "solitude" comment until I checked my calendar I was in Geelong at the time. That is the exact date this campaigner has picked as when I took her into the gardens at Burwood and hit her up.

The sexual gesture was in Jan of 2020, I was at home recovering from my stress related stroke!! As an fyi my body is now aching and my right eye is again twitching, which was the lead up last time.

Imagine having to ring your ex wife and tell her you've had to put on hold buying her out cause you're facing serious sexual harassment charges that are ******* made up and if I didn't have this old phone in a drawer I'd be f’ed as f’ed can be.

I'm so devastated currently. I've never do that sh*t and have always promoted women in the workplace as equal, well guess what men it's no longer an equal playing field. If it's the 1800's we're picking cotton for the white folk.

And for the very first time I can now see why my brother took his own life as it can get so overwhelming. Not saying I'm there but I now understand it. And for those that frequent the game day thread and hurl abuse, I wish that was my biggest issue in life, us losing I mean. I'd swap with you as long as I can keep my charasma , good looks and awesome physique. Just sayin :)

They have kindly offered to pay for a councillor as we work through this sh*t, I said ******* brilliant is that campaigner going to pay my mortgage?? Anyway I found my own space to try and park those pesky demons that can rattle around in your head. This is a beautiful song, share it with those you love please. Bring 'em in close and listen carefully y'all! And turn it right up FFS!! Oh this song found me fwiw.

You're a good apple T.A.O. 👍 Luv 'ya mate and we'll see you through to the other side.

Hoj 🙂

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
So howdy and hi,

Imagine having to ring your ex wife and tell her you've had to put on hold buying her out cause you're facing serious sexual harassment charges that are ******* made up and if I didn't have this old phone in a drawer I'd be f’ed as f’ed can be.

I'm so devastated currently. I've never do that sh*t and have always promoted women in the workplace as equal, well guess what men it's no longer an equal playing field. If it's the 1800's we're picking cotton for the white folk.

They have kindly offered to pay for a councillor as we work through this sh*t, I said ******* brilliant is that campaigner going to pay my mortgage?? Anyway I found my own space to try and park those pesky demons that can rattle around in your head. This is a beautiful song, share it with those you love please. Bring 'em in close and listen carefully y'all! And turn it right up FFS!! Oh this song found me fwiw.

s**t, Old Boy, you’re certainly having your metal tested. I think you’re due to catch a break.

So howdy and hi,

Keep the chin up mate.
Remember to always take some time for yourself in what you like.
No harm in tears, but seriously make some time for YOU.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow, what a read. I hope it is all sorted out now, or about to be sorted out. Defamatory allegations are really hurtful and can really screw with a person and career. Also, sorry to hear about your brother mate. I have dealt with suicidal thoughts quite a bit over the last 10 years, so I feel I have at least a small element of understanding for your feelings. Not sure if I can offer much advice, but it definitely sounds like you need someone to vent at (always happy to help out) and talk out issues so you don't feel useless or isolated.

Geebus K4e, * me man, you ok ? And thank you. Yes I've been venting in every direction and this is a wonderful place to just say what you want without fear of judgement, we thank you all for that.

I admit I was angry man for many years, I've worked so hard on being more centered. I suppose after I traced my biological roots, German mother Egyptian father lol. He married later of course and had two other kids ( he never knew of me ) I was at Melb Uni in about 93 and this girl walked into a crowded auditorium spotted me amongst the masses, pointed and screamed fell to the floor and was carted out I assume by friends.
That was awkward I must admit and it wasn't until years later I found out why she went all *en mental. I look like her father which is my biological father and yeah he shot her mum and mother in law, got 10 years for shooting his wife and one for the MIL.- that deserves an lol but in such bad taste.

Man the world just wants to * us over at every turn, chin up buddy and we'll win. Not sure what the win looks like but yeah, am kind of confident.

Oh thank you :)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Thanks Micky, well I met a lovely lady recently but today she ended it, couldn't understand my lack of libido 🤷‍♂️. Reckons I wasn't attarcted to her lol. ******* women .

The world is a strange place, my friend. I figured out rather late unfortunately that all you can do is accept who you are, embrace it, focus on your own happiness and well being and if people want to come with you great, if not, oh well ...it does wonders for one’s mental state.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The world is a strange place, my friend. I figured out rather late unfortunately that all you can do is accept who you are, embrace it, focus on your own happiness and well being and if people want to come with you great, if not, oh well ...it does wonders for one’s mental state.

Oh I know the world is strange and they come no more left of centre than me. Yeah my happiness I think is on a beach somewhere doing spray tans for men only as I'm over women :p

Yeah look I know the type of woman I'm attracted to and they're power women much to my chagrin. I think I need a flighty type that is suprised the sun came up the next day and there is nothing wrong with that fyi. Wanna a simple life I've decided.

Fishing, footy, cricket, drinking, pot, good music and yeah warm weather. If there is a women out there that can appreciate all that, I'm in. lol

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh I know the world is strange and they come no more left of centre than me. Yeah my happiness I think is on a beach somewhere doing spray tans for men only as I'm over women :p

Yeah look I know the type of woman I'm attracted to and they're power women much to my chagrin. I think I need a flighty type that is suprised the sun came up the next day and there is nothing wrong with that fyi. Wanna a simple life I've decided.

Fishing, footy, cricket, drinking, pot, good music and yeah warm weather. If there is a women out there that can appreciate all that, I'm in. lol

She'll be out there T.A.O. You'll go to your favourite fishing spot one nice sunny day, be a beautiful girl there with a line in the creek, she'll be listening to the Adelaide oval test on the radio, puffing on a scoob, sitting on a esky, wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt and a Hypertec 1996 Roo hat.

274.jpg

Last edited:
She'll be out there T.A.O. You'll go to your favourite fishing spot one nice sunny day, be a beautiful girl there with a line in the creek, she'll be listening to the Adelaide oval test on the radio, puffing on a scoob, sitting on a esky, wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt and a Hypertec 1996 Roo hat.

View attachment 1112980
That fella is me in a previous life, deadset.

So howdy and hi,

Am still processing what my reply should entail, whether I should word it like I grew up in the 70's or whether I should go all namby pamby 2020's style. Not sure at all how the world has decided how asking to go for a coffee is sexual harrassment, but that's where we are. Chin up mate, suck the eggs, tick the boxes, flip the bird, swear, laugh, dance, scream, yell and rock your house out air guitar style screeching like Steve Tyler ..... just live, have your emotions, battle on, you know it makes sense ;-) Do not have multi grain bread for toast.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am still processing what my reply should entail, whether I should word it like I grew up in the 70's or whether I should go all namby pamby 2020's style. Not sure at all how the world has decided how asking to go for a coffee is sexual harrassment, but that's where we are. Chin up mate, suck the eggs, tick the boxes, flip the bird, swear, laugh, dance, scream, yell and rock your house out air guitar style screeching like Steve Tyler ..... just live, have your emotions, battle on, you know it makes sense ;-) Do not have multi grain bread for toast.

Perfectly worded buddy, you need to sit upon the the himalayas. Oh have pot n piss though yeah?? For when I visit.

Perfectly worded buddy, you need to sit upon the the himalayas. Oh have pot n piss though yeah?? For when I visit.
Bugger that, isn't there a military coup or something ..... the Dandenongs will do me, then I can point out all the places that used to be trees 🙃

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So an update on the current investigation into TAO the sex pest 🙄.

My witnesses have been interviewed and there's a transcript of everything said, they're all happy to show me the transcript that involved them. Good boys that lot.

Now this is where I get confused, the investigator rang me for no real reason suggested if i wanted to talk to her I could call anytime. I'm now thinking that means facetime 😱. On a serious note, she is in a total state of confusion. So not sure if that's a good thing or bad?

Some people have axes to grind, so I'm thinking I could name her witnesses but yeah I'm *en over this s**t. I must have been Genghis Khan in a previous life or something.🤷‍♂️

Back