Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

A sprain. Remains to be seen whether it's a "high ankle sprain" (aka syndesmosis). Hopefully back in next week so he can get his 50 games after the bye – due in R16 v Geelong at this stage and it's been a long time coming.

Sad that we know how to spell that word.

No ice or moonboot when he walked into the rooms after the game. Still wearing his footy boots too. Just a slight limp. 🤞

This time last year Stringer did the same thing...missed half a season...just sayin’
That's true :( I almost wiped that game from memory... And that was one of those gd high ankle strains as well.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
There were fears on Sunday key defender Aaron Francis would join the lengthy long-term injury list, but Rutten said scans on Francis’ ankle on Monday showed “nothing too sinister”.

“It’s a pretty severe ankle sprain, but nothing more than that,” Rutten said.

“He’ll be looking after it and we’re hopeful we’ll get him up this week.”

Good night sweet prince, hope the amputation goes well

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Aaron seems to be a changed man in a lot of respects & all for the better imo.

Aside from his football improving he seems more confident about himself & pretty open emotionally on the field.
In the past he seemed very unsure or reserved in his demeanor, particularly if something went either side (good/bad). This year we have seen him show real emotion when he does something well or poorly. His obvious devastation on the weekend when rolling/spraining his ankle was evident of a man once not considered open to showing that. Whatever personal work he's done on himself, considering his issues, he should be thoroughly commended.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Aaron seems to be a changed man in a lot of respects & all for the better imo.

Aside from his football improving he seems more confident about himself & pretty open emotionally on the field.
In the past he seemed very unsure or reserved in his demeanor, particularly if something went either side (good/bad). This year we have seen him show real emotion when he does something well or poorly. His obvious devastation on the weekend when rolling/spraining his ankle was evident of a man once not considered open to showing that. Whatever personal work he's done on himself, considering his issues, he should be thoroughly commended.

Has always come across as different to a lot of other players. A bit more sensitive and a gentle nature.

I just love him.

I'm so glad he's in this side with the culture we have now. It'll be all the better for him, and assuming his ankle is okay, I can't wait to see him keep McKay to 0.8 this week.

Back