2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Apr 10, 2010
AFC Wimbledon
Not easy to get clear of relegation in League One as the season wraps up.

l1 rel.PNG

Wimbledon and Wigan have won their last four
Rochdale their last three
and Bristol is the only team in the bottom six who didn't win their last game.

Carlisle drew 1-1 with Harrogate to move up to 10th, but we are now 5pts from the playoff spots with three games to go, and our next game is away to leaders Cheltenham. Need a miracle now.

The Salford/Mansfield game had 15 minutes of extra time added after at the end of the game, I don't think I've ever seen that much time added on before. Something must have happened, I noticed a player was sent off for violent conduct, perhaps his actions lead to the extra 15 minutes.

Apr 10, 2010
AFC Wimbledon
Congrats SM , and the Dons only need one point from their last three games to guarantee they're not going down.

Edit: Actually that's not quite true though funny enough a point in our next game against Rochdale would ensure that we stay in League One.

Occidental

Oct 2, 2016
One point above Morecambe in the auto promotion spot and we visit them in a massive game. We bossed them and got the win. 1-0 will do, should have been 3-0. Fantastic result. Now we are four points clear with two games to go.
How good was having 1500 Bolton fans make the trip even though restrictions meant they couldn’t get in. They met the team bus and cheered them on from outside the ground. Brilliant.
Now just one more win.....

Established1870

Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
Baghdad Bombers
Have the 3 relegated teams ever bounced straight back up together the next season before? Hopefully Brentford or Barnsley get the last spot. I wouldn't be against Swansea either, just as long as its not Bournemouth AKA our bogey side.

Two have come up before a number of times but never all three. Personally I hope Brentford come up because they'd be pretty good to watch in the EPL and with the players they have they'd do some serious damage.

Yeah, I wonder how Brentford would've gone this season if they didn't fall away late last time. They would've likely held on to Watkins and, with their other players, could've done a bit of damage. If not them, Barnsley because of the story behind it. Barely escaped relegation to League 1 and then getting promoted the next season would be sort of like a mini 2016 Leicester (minus the title win).

Established1870

Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
Baghdad Bombers
Yeah, I wonder how Brentford would've gone this season if they didn't fall away late last time. They would've likely held on to Watkins and, with their other players, could've done a bit of damage. If not them, Barnsley because of the story behind it. Barely escaped relegation to League 1 and then getting promoted the next season would be sort of like a mini 2016 Leicester (minus the title win).

Brentford with PL money will find Watkins/Benrahma gems and stay up no worries but they need to go up this year otherwise that team gets ripped apart. DaSilva, Mbeumo, Toney, Raya, Henry and a number of others are all PL quality players now. If Barnsley go up I can only see them as a better run/more talented Blackpool. Seriously aside from Dike, Woodrow, Mowatt and one or two others there is not enough there for Barnsley to stay in the PL if they got there.

Wouldn't go that far. In fact back to back promotions is a more impressive feat and that happens every so often. Cardiff the other year went from relegation battlers to automatically promoted I'm fairly sure.

Thistle

May 12, 2011
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Think Norwich will be better this time round. Have a canary supporting mate who said at the time he thought promotion may have come a year premature and he turned out to be right.

Well done, never in doubt. Now can you let us win 8-0 again like last season please to help our relegation fight? :innocent:

Title's on the line.. but I suspect our players will be a bit under the weather against you so you might be fine.

One more win should see Posh promoted. Here's hoping we can get over Doncaster who've been pretty ordinary of late.

Reckon your lot care about the title? Or just happy to lock in promotion? Going to be a bit funny if both of us take our foot off the gas.

So hard to know but I'd be guessing the latter. Although I'm not overly confident about our ability to stay up, so maybe the title holds some appeal.

Jul 15, 2001
Barnsley FC, Melbourne City, Bulls
Seriously aside from Dike, Woodrow, Mowatt and one or two others there is not enough there for Barnsley to stay in the PL if they got there.

If Barnsley go up we would most likely go straight back down, but it would be an amazing experience even if we come last. Plus the parachute payment would be a huge thing for the club. Barnsley's owners are loaded, but will never overspend

A couple of others would hold their own. Helik could play Premier League and Styles will definitely end up playing in the Premier League one day

Established1870

Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
Baghdad Bombers
If Barnsley go up we would most likely go straight back down, but it would be an amazing experience even if we come last. Plus the parachute payment would be a huge thing for the club. Barnsley's owners are loaded, but will never overspend

The Blackpool comparison isn't meant to be a bad one. They have had a lot of s**t to deal with these past 10-15 years but they can still say they watched their club do the double over Liverpool in the Premier League. Not many have that distinction. If you guys went up then it'd be a massive boost for your club even if you went straight back down. Quality of players to get in the club, the recognition of being a PL side, finances and all that would all see a massive boon. Could also help push you guys stay in the PL more often in later years.

A couple of others would hold their own. Helik could play Premier League and Styles will definitely end up playing in the Premier League one day

Styles is definitely going to be a PL regular for most sides and I reckon your CB's (Anderson/Helik) are great as well. Just on the Blackpool comparison, a fair number of their players ended up playing for PL sides for years to come (Adam, Campbell, Vaughn, Cathcart) so I don't think you guys are full of League 1 battlers. Main thing is just the depth. Norwich had a pretty good PL team on paper but they got destroyed by injuries and had guys like Tettey and whatnot having to play most weeks which is what really screwed them.