Review Dees v Tigers - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Anzac Day Eve - Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

A decision on the TMac, Weid, B.Brown conundrum will be interesting. Something will eventually have to give there. Can’t play them all. If one has to be traded out to facilitate strengthening a different area of the 22, we’d have to look at it.

Brown is locked away ‘til 2024 so doubt he’ll be the one.

Weid won't get a game unless TMac falls completely to bits at some point I reckon.

Will be told that he's a required player moving forward though and TMac will be the one gone at years end.

Going to take some awfully good man management to sell this to him so that he's not pissed off.

On that whole situation , I bet there are a few teams out there right now kicking themselves for not pouncing when TMac was offered up for pennies on the dollar at trade time last year.

On that whole situation , I bet there are a few teams out there right now kicking themselves when TMac was offered up for pennies on the dollar at trade time last year.
Mate I reckon I said some s**t like if we get a pick under 40 it's a steal. I'd be ******* livid right now

Mate I reckon I said some sh*t like if we get a pick under 40 it's a steal. I'd be ******* livid right now

Yea, i would have taken a pick in the 40s and paid half his salary. 😂

On that whole situation , I bet there are a few teams out there right now kicking themselves for not pouncing when TMac was offered up for pennies on the dollar at trade time last year.
Wouldn’t have had our elite culture and footy program around him to help drive him back to form though :moustache:

"It HeLpS tHaT dUsTy GoT kNocKeD oUt In ThE fIrD"

..let's completely ignore how much Hibbo had given his a flogging up I til that point. Shocked to be sitting here. 🙄
He is hedging his bets on the SEN this morning

Would not be surprised if the pies are sniffing around him , family connection, gaping hole in their forward 50 etc . Whether he is interested is another question. Talking about weiderman Btw .

Got to be appealing if you’re still travelling to Casey when everyone else on the list is winning finals on the G.

Weideman would be insane to leave, he’d be on decent coin and the list he’s been with for six years is about to peak for what should be the rest of his career. Isn’t going to get a better opportunity for success anywhere else in Victoria except maybe the Doggies, but they have a few KPF talents of their own. Unless he’s willing to face a few more rough years at Essendon or Collingwood or Hawthorn.

Melbourne are the real deal

Also Melbourne still need to prove it against the best

🥴 just pick a side Kingy
beaten nobody

Except the two Grand Finalists from last year and believe it or not Geelong are 4th with a 4-2 record. After we beat them the way the media were talking you would for forgiven for thinking that they were 1-5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weideman would be insane to leave, he’d be on decent coin and the list he’s been with for six years is about to peak for what should be the rest of his career. Isn’t going to get a better opportunity for success anywhere else in Victoria except maybe the Doggies, but they have a few KPF talents of their own. Unless he’s willing to face a few more rough years at Essendon or Collingwood or Hawthorn.
I agree , just wondering out aloud haha.

I've had a great time reading the melts on the Tigers board about how we won the match from frees. To breakdown the frees that led to the shots on goal:

1. ANB benefits from a deliberate out of bounds call on Short. I'd probably be a bit miffed if it was in isolation, but Nankervis received an almost identical free kick in the 1st quarter (his shot hit the post) so there was consistency on the call.
  2. Marlion Pickett contests the ruck against TMac, runs straight into his back. Free kick every day of the week.
  3. Transition from that Rivers spoil in the 3rd, run it down the wing, ball comes to ANB who is taken high by Marlion. I mean he didn't put him in a headlock but the hand is over his shoulder, clear as day.
  4. The one that the Tigers fans are getting their knickers in a twist over - Mansell chasing Kozzie, Kozzie stops on the spot, Mansell runs into him which would have been nothing but then puts his right arm over Kozzie's shoulder and pulls him to the ground. Maybe lucky in the sense that there was afters but Mansell had some jumper and pulled Kozzie towards him in the wrestle, doubt there was any intent and the tribunal haven't even looked at it.
  5. Oliver's ordinary shot from the afters arising from the Kozzie goal. Granted I can understand their annoyance with it. I don't like those ones - if anything reckon it should be a free from the centre of the ground after a goal is kicked.
So minimum 3 of the 4 goals were justified, and maybe lucky with 1. Maybe the Tigers should look at their own discipline first before having a whinge.

Also amusing is the number of posters calling us the Shemons. Either many on their board are 12 years old, or they have an IQ of 12, it's hard to determine which :rolleyes:

Loved the changes threads where people proposed 12 players be dropped.

Picking 12 to come in was the hardest part. 😂

"give Lucas Cook, John Meeson and Rory Taggert a go 👍"

I've had a great time reading the melts on the Tigers board

I went the other way for my Tigers board entertainment and wasted a full hour going through their pregame thread and the beginning part of their game day thread troll liking all of their posts saying how they were going to steamroll us.

As good as they’ve been the Tigers supporters must feel a bit jipped that their era looks to be over and they didn’t get to see the last flag (*asterisk flag) en masse at the G. The curtain can come down quickly. In the blink of an eye it’s all a distant memory.

I'm not sure playing for the Melbourne footy club 'guarantees success'
The only insane thought would be to think he wouldn't consider leaving. 44 games in his 6th season. If he doesn't stay in the team this season long term then any bloke with pride would look elsewhere. Be negligent not to see if someone wants to double his pay and give him 22 games

As good as they’ve been the Tigers supporters must feel a bit jipped that their era looks to be over and they didn’t get to see the last flag (*asterisk flag) en masse at the G. The curtain can come down quickly. In the blink of an eye it’s all a distant memory.

They were 9th at the bye in 2019 and didn’t lose again that year. Not writing them off till they’re out of contention mathematically.

This type of post is as nuffie as the Tigers fans.

Just watching the replay. Even by the end of the first qtr we had arrested the momentum and had defensive ascendancy having repelled 2-3 Tiger transitions. Before the rain came and made it a more contested game which supposedly favours us. Was a good response to a nervy first 10-15 minutes. Tigers maybe could have been another goal up, but even the Lynch drop resulted in a goal next minute anyway. We were well back in the game already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back