Votes: 80 32.7%
  • Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 165 67.3%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hugh McCluggage was awesome against the Blues yesterday, IMO in the not too distant future McCluggage will be one of the elite mids in the competition.

He is silky smooth, reminds me a lot of Simon Black and Scott Pendlebury the way he seems to make time go slower with ball in hand, never panics.
He reminds me of Daniel Wells. Gun player.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surely the undisputed #1 player from the 2016 draft

Not just the Dons but the Giants slightly muffed it as well, McCluggage would be huge for their mid field

McCluggage's tackling and defensive effort is underrated, is an improving complete package mid.
I don't under rate it. He's good at it.

But I think he'll get much better in future.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
McGrath is very bland IMO. Seems to have no trouble racking it up, but impact on a game of footy is pretty negligible despite having some serious weapons to use. Just doesn't have the capability to do anything remarkable with the ball, and I doubt a recruiter will take a back pocket with Pick 1 again.

McCluggage the clear winner here.

McGrath is very bland IMO. Seems to have no trouble racking it up, but impact on a game of footy is pretty negligible despite having some serious weapons to use. Just doesn't have the capability to do anything remarkable with the ball, and I doubt a recruiter will take a back pocket with Pick 1 again.

McCluggage the clear winner here.
Obvious troll is obvious

First two sentences were pretty spot on. AM would still go 7-8th in a redraft though. Handy player to any list.
First two sentences are the obvious troll part

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Different positions so hard to compare .... but I’d imagine head to head the stats would be in TT’s fa our .... yeah and stats arent everything

Different positions so hard to compare .... but I’d imagine head to head the stats would be in TT’s fa our .... yeah and stats arent everything

Why imagine when you can check?

Tarranto is marginally out performing McCluggage.

Which bears absolutely no relevancy on this thread, since he isnt part of the v.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Well it was bungalow bill who said the giants would be miffed about not picking mcluggage.... I was just responding that we are more than happy with our choice

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Why imagine when you can check?

Tarranto is marginally out performing McCluggage.

Which bears absolutely no relevancy on this thread, since he isnt part of the v.

At Carlton, I think Taranto would make us better as a team collectively than McLuggage, not saying TT is better than Hugh who clearly now is an All Australian/elite calibre of player.

Watched McGrath closely against us last weekend and was underwhelmed, his disposals are not as effective as they should be. I think Essendon should try push him further as a damaging offensive flanker/small forward type like Carlton did with Zac Fisher, the bloke imo is more suited t9 a offensively creative type of player, more than a general running off the HBF.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
At Carlton, I think Taranto would make us better as a team collectively than McLuggage, not saying TT is better than Hugh who clearly now is an All Australian/elite calibre of player.

Watched McGrath closely against us last weekend and was underwhelmed, his disposals are not as effective as they should be. I think Essendon should try push him further as a damaging offensive flanker/small forward type like Carlton did with Zac Fisher, the bloke imo is more suited t9 a offensively creative type of player, more than a general running off the HBF.

Seriously doubt you watched him closely. Such an overused cliche on BF which translates to my team played him this week.

Atm McGrath best ability are his hands in tight and his defensive work rate. If he’s any chance of catching Mcluggage he needs to start backing himself and using his pace to break lines whilst also cutting the quick kicks forward out of stoppages.

That being said he’s a pleasure to watch and is a real footballers footballer regularly coming up with diving smothers, timely spoils and big tackles when needed but his play style seems more off a top end role player than a number 1 pick.

Back