Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Port Adelaide Round 7 @ The Gabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we had a direct replacement for Neale they would have already been in the 22 alongside him.

We can’t replace him, we have to adapt.

I am not big on Matho but it seems he has done everything asked of him this season.

Agree, seemed to have had card stamped for while. Endurance skill and decision making the issues. Does seem to have done what has been asked thus far this season. If he gets a crack, needs to make the most of it. Likely his last opportunity on our list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd prefer Mathieson over Jarrod Berry to be honest.

I’m not, 6 goal loss approaching.

We have a knack of turning up for backs against wall games. I suspect this will be no different.

Might keep pace with them and snatch it in the final quarter. Here's hoping.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have a knack of turning up for backs against wall games. I suspect this will be no different.

Might keep pace with them and snatch it in the final quarter. Here's hoping.
Pace the keyword.. I think Answerth watching last nights game needed as a in.
Long term weather has 10-20mm rain Saturday.. Although who knows when.
If like the Dons game be our advantage maybe

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree, seemed to have had card stamped for while. Endurance skill and decision making the issues. Does seem to have done what has been asked thus far this season. If he gets a crack, needs to make the most of it. Likely his last opportunity on our list.

Finally had a chance go watch the reserves game. A few posters have mentioned Mathieson as BOG for us. Watched him closely and just don’t see it myself. Barring the last 5 minutes of the 1st quarter looked disinterested, no defensive running second efforts were poor. Didn’t read the taps very well and often behind his opponent to the ball. Played for frees at every opportunity. On occasion lowered the eyes but dropped the ball on foot and banged it forward just as often. Couple of his four goals opportunistic. Overall I was more impressed with Revel and Sharp.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the right odds for Port are $1.50.

They really should win. But at those odds our chances of winning are around 25 % which is still some chance if things go our way

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Losing Gardiner and Neale and a disinterested Andrews has me feeling a complete bath coming up.
Since 2018 we have a good record against Port...played 4 games & won 3 out of 4. The game we lost (in 2018) was less than 1 goal and was played in Adelaide. We match up well to Port and I expect we win this weekend but need to play close to our best.
People who think Harris is disinterested are deluded. His effort is there but the game style he is being asked to play is different to last year & he will take time to adjust. He will improve and make all eat their words as the season progress's.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Finally had a chance go watch the reserves game. A few posters have mentioned Mathieson as BOG for us. Watched him closely and just don’t see it myself. Barring the last 5 minutes of the 1st quarter looked disinterested, no defensive running second efforts were poor. Didn’t read the taps very well and often behind his opponent to the ball. Played for frees at every opportunity. On occasion lowered the eyes but dropped the ball on foot and banged it forward just as often. Couple of his four goals opportunistic. Overall I was more impressed with Revel and Sharp.

Agree. Reville has something in my book. Probably not up to AFL but shows a bit of class on occasions. Sharp we just need to give time to .He's exactly the sort of player we're looking for ,another pre season will do wonders

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Since 2018 we have a good record against Port...played 4 games & won 3 out of 4. The game we lost (in 2018) was less than 1 goal and was played in Adelaide. We match up well to Port and I expect we win this weekend but need to play close to our best.
People who think Harris is disinterested are deluded. His effort is there but the game style he is being asked to play is different to last year & he will take time to adjust. He will improve and make all eat their words as the season progress's.

Hope so, stopping the smart ass whinging to umpires is a good start.

beardancer

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It'd be interesting to measure center breaks with a b grade ruck who's a good on baller against a good ruck who's crap when the ball is on the ground. to me, big o and fullarton are both average ruckmen but big o can mark it

Pride of lions

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am wondering if Andrews may be carrying a lower back or leg injury. He seems to have lost his speed and ability to leap and spoil, and also seems to have trouble with ground balls. And his body strength in 1 v 1 also seems to have dropped away. It could also explain why he looks frustrated and angry which is out of character for him. I hope you are right that it is just a matter of different game style and that he will adjust but he definitely doesn’t look right atm.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hope so, stopping the smart ass whinging to umpires is a good start.
Harris has been unbelieveable since coming to the club. A bad start to season 2021 doesn't give supporters free range to start smashing him and his effort. Maybe get behind him with support instead of getting behind him to kick him is what may help....probably not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back