Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m not so sure he’s going to leave. It’s just as likely that he and his manager have realised Carlton will be desperate to keep him and he can likely force a Grundy style contract from them.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
maybe you just dont understand

simple 3 x picks 16+ or #5
which is better
I'd be surprised if Carlton accepted the compo for Cripps. I think a club would have to improve on that. For Richmond, that would put three first-rounders on the table.

Your response is "nah they'd take the compo".

I get it, you're attached to a story you've told yourself about Richmond getting Cripps and shafting Carlton. That doesn't mean it's sensible.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I’m not so sure he’s going to leave. It’s just as likely that he and his manager have realised Carlton will be desperate to keep him and he can likely force a Grundy style contract from them.

Grundy got his off the back of a career-best year. Cripps is arguably playing worse than his first full season in 2015.

Reckon his manager will be pushing for him to re-sign more than anything, and if this season pans out as badly as it has started the club will be open to moving him on IMO.

Starting to see a lot of similarities career wise to Marc Murphy.

Started off with a bang and won a big league award and then regressed. Still a good player but not a great one

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

300Weatherby

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GCS & Bianchi Cup
Starting to see a lot of similarities career wise to Marc Murphy.

Started off with a bang and won a big league award and then regressed. Still a good player but not a great one

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

But Cripps isn't as soft as butter

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the best KPF's for a banged-up midfielder. If Allen was going there would be no 1st rounder.

Actually, what would the Blues be sending us back instead?
If we traded Allen to Carlton,

Fair trade would be an early 1st rounder and Cripps

But moot point, Allen not up for trade

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Walsh is there best mid now.

If Crippa wants more money and is not sure if he wants to stay or not then let him go I say. Carlton wouldn't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money to keep him for a mid who will turn 27 next year and most likely not get any better trade him to one of the Perth clubs and get a good draft pick and something else in return they need.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Tom Morris reckons Carlton shouldn't overpay for Cripps.

Says Carlton should ask for Fremantle's first-rounder and Cerra if there's a real dispute about money.

I think Freo would be mad to do that. If Cerra goes, Freo would get a first-rounder in a straight swap.

Yeah that overs imo

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Tom Morris reckons Carlton shouldn't overpay for Cripps.

Says Carlton should ask for Fremantle's first-rounder and Cerra if there's a real dispute about money.

I think Freo would be mad to do that. If Cerra goes, Freo would get a first-rounder in a straight swap.
Feels like too much from Freo imo

marcmurphy3

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Would be hard for him to leave now even if he wanted too. Would be a massive risk for Freo or Westcoast to pay what would be required, in draft picks and salary to get him across, with him in this form

Back