Autopsy R6 Roast & Toast and Changes for Bulldogs R7

Best 5 vs Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting stats to share w/ ya'll.
  • We recorded the 2nd best tackle numbers of the round (our season's best) last weekend, which is unusual for us. Contrary to popular belief, we've been a very average tackling side over the past 4-5 years.
  • We also put up our season best contested possessions and
  • season worst uncontested possessions, which is strange/interesting. Seemed to me that Melbourne didn't leave any of our players alone when they didn't they had the ball and they outran us to get to the contest, into their back 50 and their forward 50.
  • Melbourne had a season low marks inside 50 (not a huge anomaly, 8 as opposed to their avg 14, and they recorded 9 2 weeks ago)

Now a worrying thing: it seems Melbourne came in with a plan to beat us and that plan revolved around handballing, because they recorded the league's season high amount of handballs last weekend (and welllll out of the ordinary for them):
View attachment 1112081
Which CANT be a good thing against the dogs, who have the league's highest avg for this, at ~185.

Also, while we've always been a below avg contested marking side, last weekend (when north finally turned in an ordinary performance) we officially became the s******* at it, which is also unusual for us:
View attachment 1112090
With Dusty out I'm a bit worried about this. Someone needs to talk to Lynch, get him to at least bruise packs when he goes for a mark like he did in the saints final.

Balta is going to be busy

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't it be nice to have two of him.
Edited.

B: Mansell, Astbury, Miller
HB: Houli, Broad, Short
C: McIntosh, Edwards, Pickett
HF: Graham, Balta, Bolton
F: Riewoldt, Lynch, Rioli-Junior

R: Nankervis, Ross, Cotchin
I: Baker, Castagna, RCD, Rioli

OUT: Dusty, Lambert, Grimes (injured) Aarts,
IN: Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Rioli Junior, Miller, Caddy (sub)

I'm going for it, play some young blokes to see what difference they make.

Can't see the point of bringing in Caddy when you know what you will get, although temped to play him in Vlastuin's role across half back. Worth a try with Grimes out. He is still a good footballer, just hasn't got a spot any more.

Yeah haha I know, all good. Be happy to see Ross get a full game.

Do we know how bad Grimes is?

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Short
McIntosh, Cotchin, Edwards
Caddy, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
Nankervis, Graham, Ross
Pickett, Baker, RCD, Mansell

OUT: Dusty, Lambert, Aarts
IN: Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Caddy

Reckon they might drop Mansell and give Ralphsmith a go?
No way, mansell did an awesome job on kozzie
One of our few players that beat his man on the night
Love what he brings and I’m sure the coaches do too

With Dunkley gone, their most improved player, the Doggies are done for the season.
I disagree with you there. He is a big loss but they still have a stacked midfield. They could easily lose 6 of their last 16 games and still make top 4.

We just have to find a way to put pressure on them. Kinda like what we didn't do the other night.

Dunkley is consistently in their top four players, in terms of effective disposals, week in, week out.
That's how you gauge it.
I just don't think they have the depth and breadth to cover his absence.
Some might be more sanguine, I am not.
He is their most improved midfield player.
Then, Macrae, Bont and Treloar each week.
It is a 26 week season including finals, and we are not even a quarter of the way through, a long season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looked to me like he got a finger in the eye.
that’s what I thought because he was rubbing his eye but in the replay you can see viney’s head fly backwards into his but didn’t look that hard it I have been hit in the head harder than that and I was fine seems strange it’s concussion when I don’t see it

Dunkley is consistently in their top four players, in terms of effective disposals, week in, week out.
That's how you gauge it.
It is a 26 week season including finals, and we are not even a quarter of the way through, a long season.
Mcrae got 40 last week.

That's how you gauge it.

He'll be back before finals and fresh while other mids are beaten up. Might work out fine for them.

Lambo med term 2 plus weeks
Grimes hopeful for this week
Dion 2 weeks?
Tigger Geelong return hopefully
Garth after vfl bye

Edit...... What we already knew Dusty out due to concussion protocol

Last edited:
We just have to back our young players to do what they can. Ross can play, RCD might be able to time will tell. Baker might go through there. Edwards is Edwards, Cotch will respond, Pickett is shaping nicely.... no point worrying about the opposition to much, back your players is all we can do.

And back Nankervis to hurt people.

How about that loser mike Hibbard having an article because OOOOOH I STOPPED DUSTY , reeks of "guys I just had sex" vibes.

Big reason why dusty was "held" was because he was knocked out for half the game. Wouldn't be surprising if dusty turned it on second half and got us over the line. You did half the job you little pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back